+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
godisFin said:
Hey namachii, Zardoz pointed out earlier today that on CIC's webpage they have this message when signing in e-CAS: "Note that the Client Application Status tool is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays." So I guess there wouldn't be any updates before next week. :( Keep checking your email still for good news! :)
Well, I would still check e-Cas daily (or even multiple times daily ;D)

There's this guy who wrote a web-based application that can automatically check e-Cas on behalf of us:

https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

According to him:

"The CIC website says "The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays". This is not entirely accurate. e-CAS can be updated on any day of the week, including weekends. The e-CAS Tracker system has seen updates to people's e-CAS files every single day of the week. There do seem to be more updates on Tuesdays than on other days, but by no means is it only updated on Tuesdays."

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
fandv said:
Indeed!!!!!! They're working on apps received on 5 Feb now!!! :eek:

*Rushing to call the call centre now*
It does seem weird as we already got a few SA's from people last week. I don't think we can put all our trust in the processing times, as I imagine some agents are ahead of the game and others a little slower.

But in saying that happy to see a few more people from our group getting AOR's. Been a quiet week...

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
fandv said:

There's this guy who wrote a web-based application that can automatically check e-Cas on behalf of us:

According to him:

"The CIC website says "The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays". This is not entirely accurate. e-CAS can be updated on any day of the week, including weekends. The e-CAS Tracker system has seen updates to people's e-CAS files every single day of the week. There do seem to be more updates on Tuesdays than on other days, but by no means is it only updated on Tuesdays."
Just subscribed to this :) hopefully I wouldn't need to refresh my ECAS everytime to see an update. Thanks for sharing.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
fandv said:

According to him:

Wow! Nice! Thanks for sharing!! :)

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
fandv said:
I feel your pain too, inhinyeronina! I'm a January 2013 applicant, and I'm literally the ONLY one who hasn't got an AOR, and it's been 36 days since my parcel arrived at CPC-M! =/

Starting 20 Feb, this page has been saying that they're working on apps they received on 29 Jan, but the truth is, even before 20 Feb, a lot of Feb applicants already got AORs and SAs. The agents assured me that they didn't return my package (which is a good thing) since they saw no note about a return, on their system...

I have a feeling that it's my huge (it's 6,4 kg (14,01 lbs)) package that causes the delay....?! I don't know though! JudyO's package is similar in size to mine, so let's see how long it takes her to get her AOR (hope you'll get your AOR fast, Judy! :))

My tip to those of you who plan to call the call centre (or have been trying without luck): call them at 8 AM (Eastern) sharp! My last call was at 8:02 AM yesterday, and I was able to reach an agent within about 7 to 8 minutes (my longest was 20, lol).
Their number is 1-888-242-2100, and to skip all the pre-recorded messages, just press 1, 2, 3, 0. Wait about 1 second inbetween those numbers though...
Hello fandv nice to meet you! I don't think the weight is a huge factor on not getting AOR asap. Tho I have a feeling that the reason why I haven't received my AOR yet is because they are just waiting for my contract renewal from my job which will expire this March. We all know that Stage 1 is Sponsorship Approval, meaning you have to prove that you can support your partner financially and AOR usually comes days before SA. However, I already signed that contract earlier this week.

I will also feel the same way like you do. But always remember, not to worry too much. We have no control over it, so we have nothing to do but wait.

I also called the Call Centre yesterday morning, and yes, it is advisable to call them first thing in the morning. The usual waiting time is 5-10min. I called them 6:45 am Mountain time.

I believe for the both of us, you'll be the first one to receive AOR so cheer up :)

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
Iay said:
Just subscribed to this :) hopefully I wouldn't need to refresh my ECAS everytime to see an update. Thanks for sharing.
godisFin said:
Wow! Nice! Thanks for sharing!! :)
You're welcome! ;)

Here's the guy behind that automatic tracker... what a smart person! The CIC should've provided us with such an automated tool ;D

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
messenger said:
It would be encouraging if we see the people like fandv and inhinyeronina get their notifications soon so the rest of us can start hoping of our turn to come.

messenger
How very thoughtful of you, messenger. People who haven't receive AORs yet like fandv and I need this kind of encouragement. I appreciate it. :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
mickeyindia said:
Hi all,

I got my AOR today via email
It mentions my existing UCI number along with an application number.
The letter mentions that my file was receieved 22 Feb 2013.

Please update my file - AOR email- 07-mar-2013

Regards,
Mickey
Congratulations mickeyindia

You are updated pronto! May you receive your SA tomorrow !

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
inhinyeronina said:
Hello fandv nice to meet you! I don't think the weight is a huge factor on not getting AOR asap. Tho I have a feeling that the reason why I haven't received my AOR yet is because they are just waiting for my contract renewal from my job which will expire this March. We all know that Stage 1 is Sponsorship Approval, meaning you have to prove that you can support your partner financially and AOR usually comes days before SA. However, I already signed that contract earlier this week.

I will also feel the same way like you do. But always remember, not to worry too much. We have no control over it, so we have nothing to do but wait.

I also called the Call Centre yesterday morning, and yes, it is advisable to call them first thing in the morning. The usual waiting time is 5-10min. I called them 6:45 am Mountain time.

I believe for the both of us, you'll be the first one to receive AOR so cheer up :)
Nice to meet you too! :)

I see no reason why they should delay sending the AOR though...? The SA, yes many things can cause its delay, such as employment stuff, criminality, and tons of other things.

But an AOR is just a simple acknowledgement....sort of their way of saying "Hey guy/girl! We got your application on DD-MM-YYYY! Wait for us to process your application, then we'll give you your SA if all is fine. In the meantime, we've registered your application to our system, and here's your UCI number...go ahead and use it to login to e-Cas to check your progress."

So IMHO, all these checks should come after the AOR......and no AOR means they haven't even opened our parcel (let alone done background/employment/criminal checks), or the barcode scanning failed somehow =/

(Anyway I'm only speculating... ^^)

I called the call centre again, at least the agent confirmed that they received my wife's medical results.....

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Congratulations mickeyindia

You are updated pronto! May you receive your SA tomorrow !
I believe MsSmith also recevied news today Messenger.
I believe you're next. :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
fandv said:
Alright just spoke to an agent........she asked all sorts of question, like when I mailed the parcel, when it arrived at Mississauga according to tracking, what my parcel tracking number is, what my online payment receipt number is, etc. And then she said she "sent a message" to the Mississauga office to find out what's going on, and told me to wait for up to 2 weeks before calling them again, since today Mississauga won't even be looking at that message she was sending to them.......

She also said that it's incredibly rare that they lose a package...

*Speechless and discouraged*
DO not be fandv . Com'on we are going through it together...We are all in the same pot my friend! Now you are lost tomorrow it will be me! So keep your head up!

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
fandv said:
Nice to meet you too! :)

I see no reason why they should delay sending the AOR though...? The SA, yes many things can cause its delay, such as employment stuff, criminality, and tons of other things.

But an AOR is just a simple acknowledgement....sort of their way of saying "Hey guy/girl! We got your application on DD-MM-YYYY! Wait for us to process your application, then we'll give you your SA if all is fine."

So IMHO, all these checks should come after the AOR......and no AOR means they haven't even opened our parcel (let alone done background/employment/criminal checks), or the barcode scanning failed somehow =/

(Anyway I'm only speculating... ^^)

I called the call centre again, at least the agent confirmed that they received my wife's medical results.....
Then you have nothing to worry about! Since they already informed you that they receive your wife's medical results. Meaning they have it, it's there. Oh fandv, that is a great news! I called them and they couldn't locate my file yet. maybe I'll wait for another week or so.

Re AOR: yes, you're right. i'm thinking the same exact thing. They should've sent us something about receiving our app then they can just spend all their time processing the sponsorship application. You know, to reduce respondent burden.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
msmith1789 said:
Morning all!

We got AOR confirmation this morning! - can sleep a little better at night, knowing they actually have it now. ;D
Hi msmith1789. You and I are spreadsheet buddies...Congratulations.. Maybe I can see mine soon.. You are updated on the spreadsheet!
Cheers

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
inhinyeronina said:
Then you have nothing to worry about! Since they already informed you that they receive your wife's medical results. Meaning they have it, it's there.
Oh no.....it's not the medical slip that we sent to Mississauga, that they said they received. See, remember during the medical checkup, the doctor gave a green slip (IMM 1017) to the principal applicant? So, the doctor in fact has an identical copy of that slip, which gets sent to the Philippines (Manila). So, it's the Manila slip that was successfully scanned and entered to their system..that's what the agent (who, by the way, is based in Montreal) was able to see... =)

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
fandv said:
Oh no.....it's not the medical slip that we sent to Mississauga, that they said they received. See, remember during the medical checkup, the doctor gave a green slip (IMM 1017) to the principal applicant? So, the doctor in fact has an identical copy of that slip, which gets sent to the Philippines (Manila). So, it's the Manila slip that was successfully scanned and entered to their system..that's what the agent (who, by the way, is based in Montreal) was able to see... =)
Oh, sorry. I must have misunderstood that. But it's good to know that they already forwarded her medical results to cic mississauga. I'm not sure about my husband's med results if they did the same thing.