+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Buffy2323 said:
Skas, we got aor same day. I used the uci number and the sponsor's last name and her birth date and country etc. all of our info is showing up. If i try to use file number or my name it is not showing anything. Only use the last name of the sponsor. Keep trying it will show up eventually. They sent you an email so your info is there!! Good luck!!!!
Buffy I just checked again, I made the mistake of using my full name instead of just surname. My info came up! I feel better now even though all it says is application received which I already knew. LOL

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Buffy2323 said:
Skas, we got aor same day. I used the uci number and the sponsor's last name and her birth date and country etc. all of our info is showing up. If i try to use file number or my name it is not showing anything. Only use the last name of the sponsor. Keep trying it will show up eventually. They sent you an email so your info is there!! Good luck!!!!
I guess it varies then because I don't get anything with sponsor's name.. :) So I guess it can be either that works. I've always used my info and Application number and got to the system. :)

EDIT: I tried UCI number and sponsor's information as you mentioned and it worked!! Wohoo! So I guess it depends on what criteria you use.. sponsor's info and application number doesn't work on mine.. :)

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
messenger said:
You know maybe I am not right to say this but when you see all the people who applied at the same time as you get AOR and SA and you cal CIC and they tell you " wait 3-4 weeks" like 3-4 weeks is the same as 3-4 hours.
Com'on CIC....
My dear inhinyeronina so sorry for your delay and as you said! keep busy get your mind off of this? Are you and you spouse together at least?

regards
Exactly. But I have no choice but to wait patiently and keep myself busy. Unfortunately, my husband and I (though he was my boyfriend for 7 yrs)spent 2 years apart. I was able to visit him last year and at the same time, got married.

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I pulled a boneheaded move and I'm afraid it might leave me in suspense and anxiety for some time.

Sent my app which was received on Feb 28. Shortly after mailing I remembered that I didn't update my
contact information with my NEW email address. Yes, that's right. I sent them an email address which will not work.
I changed internet providers after I completed the application but before I mailed it. :-[

So I contacted CIC by email.

Today they replied to my emal and they said that as my application has not started processing yet, they cannot update my email address.
I am not on the system so they can't put in the new information.

~ okay, seems reasonable.
Then they tell me wait until I'm in the processing stage before I recontact them to have them update the email address.

UH, Duh. That's what the email address is for, so they can tell me I've entered the processing phase.

So it's a Catch-22, they can't fix it til it's being processed and I won't know it's being processed til they fix it.

LOL. Leave it to me to make a straightforward thing like my contact info, complicated.

They said look at the processing times on the web page to know when I am being processed. --- Oh the bureaucratic pain, I'm starting to feel it right here <------ :p

I only hope the application gets started as quickly as other recent applicants.

I'm day 6. Looks like people are currently getting AOR's as soon as between 8 - 13 days (except for the exceptions).

So, what's my next move: 1. wait about 4 days (impatiently) and then email the people who said don't email til you have your client number or, 2. ?????

I could stomp my foot and jump up and down and decry the difficulities of dealing with government, but in practical terms, I made a mess now I have to figure a way to get through it and I still hope to do so without having to wait two months to confirm the application is on track.
:-\
~ Oh what a tangled mess we weave when we don't pay attention to the details. ~

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
emauol said:
Visa office - New Delhi.
Meds done -12/01/2013
Application filed -24/02/2013
Application received -25/02/2013
Received confirmation letter by email today :)
Please add me to your excel sheet .. Thank you :)
You're in! welcome and congrats on the fast AOR! good luck for the rest!
Sweden

Nexus2013

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Peachland, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
LANDED..........
03-11-2013
JudyO said:
Well I pulled a boneheaded move and I'm afraid it might leave me in suspense and anxiety for some time.

Sent my app which was received on Feb 28. Shortly after mailing I remembered that I didn't update my
contact information with my NEW email address. Yes, that's right. I sent them an email address which will not work.
I changed internet providers after I completed the application but before I mailed it. :-[
I did the same exact thing!!! :-[
I was able to get my old internet provider to turn on the webmail access portion of my old internet service but it was only temporary and they weren't sure how long it would stay on. They also said I could transfer my email address to any other person I knew who had an account with them. Worth a call to see if either are possible with yours.
Also, be aware that the email goes to the sponsor not the primary applicant during the stage 1 sponsorhip part. If you're not the sponsor you're golden!

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nexus2013 said:
I did the same exact thing!!! :-[
I was able to get my old internet provider to turn on the webmail access portion of my old internet service but it was only temporary and they weren't sure how long it would stay on. They also said I could transfer my email address to any other person I knew who had an account with them. Worth a call to see if either are possible with yours.
Also, be aware that the email goes to the sponsor not the primary applicant during the stage 1 sponsorhip part. If you're not the sponsor you're golden!
Thank you :) I am the sponsor :-[

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 &amp; Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
JudyO said:

Hi JudyO and Nexus2013

I am sorry to hear of your problems to an otherwise insignificant matter!
May I recommend to you that its not a bad idea to start using a web email service like, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or any other of the same type.
This way you don't have to depend on POP3 Outlook type emails.

I hope that you solve this issue fast so your apps can be on their way soon!

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
skas13 said:
Buffy I just checked again, I made the mistake of using my full name instead of just surname. My info came up! I feel better now even though all it says is application received which I already knew. LOL
AWESOME!!! So glad it worked. :) It is nervewracking when you can't get the info (I know, I tried an hour after I got AOR, LOL). Even though there isn't much there it's comforting to know you can access it!!

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
JudyO said:
I was going to say the exact same thing. I don't know where you are located but several of my OLD email addresses still work YEARS after I ended services. (I'm in the US) I just went to the service provider's website and found the link to their email server. I entered my username and password and I was able to check old emails. I gave up though after months because the only emails that were coming in were SPAM!! lol Regardless, Judy, it is worth a shot to contact your old company and explain yourself and see if the can reactivate your email temporarily (if they ever deactivated it). You can use an email service like yahoo and set up a forwarding of emails from that account into the yahoo account. You just need the pop server info and your username and password. Good luck!!! Keep us posted.

Maz001

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
inhinyeronina said:
Exactly. But I have no choice but to wait patiently and keep myself busy. Unfortunately, my husband and I (though he was my boyfriend for 7 yrs)spent 2 years apart. I was able to visit him last year and at the same time, got married.
inhinyeronina, does the package tracking show that it was delivered to CIC ?

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Please update my information.
Those who have filed after me and file received after mine have got AOR. I am still counting on AOR.
I paid using my credit card and attached 2 copied to my application.
Visa office - New Delhi.
Meds done -05/02/2013
Application filed -21/02/2013
Application received -22/02/2013 (As per canada post tracking system)

I have confirmed that I have sent to the right address and I have right email on file.

Did not receieve AOR yet. Is that normal?
Please add me to your excel sheet .. Thank you

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
mickeyindia said:
Hi,

Those who have filed after me and file received after mine have got AOR. I am still counting on AOR.
Visa office - New Delhi.
Meds done -05/02/2013

I have confirmed that I have sent to the right address and I have right email on file.

Welcome!! My VO is New Delhi too! There are many people who have said they never got an AOR, and looking at past spreadsheets it would seem 25% of people never did. I know this doesn't give you any comfort but there does not seem to be a rhyme or reason with the way CIC works. You still might get an AOR, or your next contact from them might be your SA!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mickeyindia said:
Hi,

Visa office - New Delhi.
Meds done -05/02/2013

you're added! welcome to the thread. And yes - it's "normal" - as much as anything with CIC - and not reason to get worried. Some people never get AOR, and get sponsor approval right away... and it's still quite early - not even 2 weeks since your application was received.
Good luck,
Sweden

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buffy2323 said:
I was going to say the exact same thing. I don't know where you are located but several of my OLD email addresses still work YEARS after I ended services. (I'm in the US) I just went to the service provider's website and found the link to their email server. I entered my username and password and I was able to check old emails. I gave up though after months because the only emails that were coming in were SPAM!! lol Regardless, Judy, it is worth a shot to contact your old company and explain yourself and see if the can reactivate your email temporarily (if they ever deactivated it). You can use an email service like yahoo and set up a forwarding of emails from that account into the yahoo account. You just need the pop server info and your username and password. Good luck!!! Keep us posted.
You guys are genius. I didn't try the old email, and guess what, It works ;D Thank you all.