20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Bcboundboy said:
They were very clear with the wording. "Granting immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, rather than imposing a two-year conditional status that puts spouses – often women – in a position of extreme vulnerability."

There's no room for ambiguity. There's no suggestion of a processing time of zero. There's a clear statement that the conditional residency enforced by the Conservatives would be repealed.

There's simply no way to read into it what many seem to want to.
Are you telling me that those with conditional 51 are not PR. They don't have "immediate" PR status? So the agent tells them at the landing office "BTW: you are not "PR" right until 2 years later. You are not "immediately" a PR."

No matter how you slice your argument, there is clearly a "miscommunication" on Trudeau's part. It just goes to show that he really didn't know the Pr process very well. We all know he really meant "conditional 51" clause.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
screech339 said:
Are you telling me that those with conditional 51 are not PR. They don't have "immediate" PR status? So the agent tells them at the landing office "BTW: you are not "PR" right until 2 years later. You are not "immediately" a PR."

No matter how you slice your argument, there is clearly a "miscommunication" on Trudeau's part. It just goes to show that he really didn't know the Pr process very well. We all know he really meant "conditional 51" clause.
People with condition 51 aren't full PRs immediately, no. They have conditional PR for the first two years. That's literally the entire point of it. I don't see how the Liberals could have been any clearer in a sentence form. The plain english reading is unambiguous, in order to interpret it as immediate decisions the way a lot of people seem to want to, you either have to cut chunks out of the promise, or add a load of extra words into it.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Bcboundboy said:
People with condition 51 aren't full PRs immediately, no. They have conditional PR for the first two years. That's literally the entire point of it. I don't see how the Liberals could have been any clearer in a sentence form. The plain english reading is unambiguous, in order to interpret it as immediate decisions the way a lot of people seem to want to, you either have to cut chunks out of the promise, or add a load of extra words into it.
So are you saying those with conditional 51 can't get a job as a regular pr, you can't get health coverage as a regular pr? Can't get same charter protection as regular pr. They can't go to school, all "immediately" after they land as pr?

Again you need to understand what "immediate" PR really means. Why can't JT clearly say "I will remove conditional 51 clause" from all PR at point of landing". He won't. He wants votes so canadian sponsor could misconstrue his promise as "granting" PR status to their spouse, no waiting.

He doesn't want voters to see him giving fraudsters a pass in duping victims in marriage scam for PR. It looks bad for PR (people relations). So it is easier to give ambiguous statements like "grant immediate PR" to spouses. It's easier to let voters figure it out what "immediate PR" means themselves.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Please I have a question does it mean that some one who apply on May 2016 will wait until December 2017 to get ppr? Or is the going to get ppr according to his visa office?

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
screech339 said:
So are you saying those with conditional 51 can't get a job as a regular pr, you can't get health coverage as a regular pr? Can't get same charter protection as regular pr. They can't go to school, all "immediately" after they land as pr?

Again you need to understand what "immediate" PR really means. Why can't JT clearly say "I will remove conditional 51 clause" from all PR at point of landing". He won't. He wants votes so canadian sponsor could misconstrue his promise as "granting" PR status to their spouse, no waiting.

He doesn't want voters to see him giving fraudsters a pass in duping victims in marriage scam for PR. It looks bad for PR (people relations). So it is easier to give ambiguous statements like "grant immediate PR" to spouses. It's easier to let voters figure it out what "immediate PR" means themselves.
Of course people can do all those things. That's entirely permissible with conditional PR. But as things stand, for the first two years, their conditional PR can be removed. The promise was to end that. The promise is being enacted. From now, all new PR spouses will immediately have full PR, instead of the conditional PR.

I understand fine what immediate PR means. I'm not sure you do. In order to 'construe' it as 'we will make decisions immediately', you have to add a lot of words they never said (or at least, ignore the qualifier 'replacing the current two year conditional PR' that they always added in). It's clear that you don't like the removal of condition 51, and you don't have to, but it's incredibly disingenuous to pretend they promised anything else.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Timosky99 said:
Please I have a question does it mean that some one who apply on May 2016 will wait until December 2017 to get ppr? Or is the going to get ppr according to his visa office?
No.

It means that 80% of people who apply from January 2017 should get an answer by January 2018.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Bcboundboy said:
No.

It means that 80% of people who apply from January 2017 should get an answer by January 2018.
Thanks alot

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0CT. 05 SENT-0CT. 11 RECEIVED.
Doc's Request.
FEBRUARY 02 2017 Sent. Feb. 05 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 02 2016 Processed Nov. 1
File Transfer...
AOR2 -Nov.13 .. Nov. 14-STARTED PROCESSING-Manila
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Timosky99 said:
Also to add to BcBoundboy's point, the total amount of time processing is 12 months now, unless it's considered a complex application. So if you have been waiting since May or any other month, yours is still in process. It's been 5-6 months for you specifically (Timosky99) so, I would assume they have 5-6 more months to finish BUT it will probably be complete within the next few months. I wouldn't be surprised if you heard something soon. I applied in February 2016 and haven't heard a bird chirp, so don't panic.

"Stay Calm and drink Milk"...Unless you are lactose intolerant. :D

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
ProCaNaDa-MZ said:
Also to add to BcBoundboy's point, the total amount of time processing is 12 months now, unless it's considered a complex application. So if you have been waiting since May or any other month, yours is still in process. It's been 5-6 months for you specifically (Timosky99) so, I would assume they have 5-6 more months to finish BUT it will probably be complete within the next few months. I wouldn't be surprised if you heard something soon. I applied in February 2016 and haven't heard a bird chirp, so don't panic.

"Stay Calm and drink Milk"...Unless you are lactose intolerant. :D
Thanks a lot Bro... Enjoy your day

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bcboundboy said:
I understand fine what immediate PR means. I'm not sure you do.
Clearly, you do not.

It's mind boggling how you continue to support their poor choice of words in their promise.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1321&top=14

Lbalcueva

Dec 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16/03/2017 AOM
AOR Received.
05-01-2017 AOR1
File Transfer...
13/01/2017 SA APPROVED
Med's Done....
12-12-2016 UPFRONT PASSED
Passport Req..
06/14/2017
HI everyone,

I'm applying for spouse sponsorhip living outside Canada, then, our application already done and it will be submit to CIC this month of December,

Should I submit it? Or should I wait for the new release application kit on December 15,2016.

Am I will be affected?

LOST777

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
i was just about to send an application for my wife. been working on it for months lol. shes in the uae and im in canada.

now i think i'll wait for the new application as its streamlined and i feel they will be able to get through it faster. what do you all think? ;D

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
LOST777 said:
i was just about to send an application for my wife. been working on it for months lol. shes in the uae and im in canada.

now i think i'll wait for the new application as its streamlined and i feel they will be able to get through it faster. what do you all think? ;D
Lbalcueva said:
HI everyone,

I'm applying for spouse sponsorhip living outside Canada, then, our application already done and it will be submit to CIC this month of December,

Should I submit it? Or should I wait for the new release application kit on December 15,2016.

Am I will be affected?
Same thing here. I am also confused. I'm about to send my package to dear hubby this weekend or early next week. I already got an updated police clearance (just last week of November) and done also with upfront medical. With the recent news, it was stated that people like us may still proceed and use the current forms/kit since IRCC will still accept it until end of January 2017. So might as well dear hubby and I will push through and send out our application this month :)