Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
natniel said:
oh I see,, but can you please ask him to take a look at page 2 of the PPR again and check if he sees something about "Exclusion: Unexamined Family Members"? THanks! :)
Hi Natniel. He said there wasn't anything mentioned about it. It just mentioned something like if a dependent is not accompanying the applicant, he should still list the names of the dependents but not their passport nos. We don't have dependents though.

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
natniel said:
oh I see,, but can you please ask him to take a look at page 2 of the PPR again and check if he sees something about "Exclusion: Unexamined Family Members"? THanks! :)
What exactly is written on the letter about unexamined family members? Maybe if you quote the entire paragraph here somebody might give you a clear explanation. :)

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
I just noticed, since my hubby's file was transferred to the Manila VO, we get updates every two weeks (regular basis). I hope this trend continues! Oh my my!!!! I'm so pumped that my hubby's gonna be able to attend my convocation ceremony!!!! :D

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
dadaem said:
Hahaha! Thank you sis! All the best for all of us! :) Now its my parents who are anxious waiting for my hubby. Lol! They even want us to visit them (they live in New Brunswick, I live in Toronto) as soon as he comes. I feel so relieved now that everything is almost over! Thank God! :)
happy for you sissy.. :)

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
adventurer said:
American In T.O

:) i am sure you have read dadaem's honest translation.. :) i just wanna acknowledge how polite and nice the way you asked for the meaning of the quoted tagalog phrase.. or the question being ask of the concerned individual.. please know that it is very much appreciated considering that it came from someone who does not fully understand our native language., (i am referring to the Filipinos here.. TAGALOG ) :) hope that you will be able to contribute and share informations and updates here for everyone.. :)
Thank you adventurer! We are all in this together. I am very anxious to share my updates with everyone because I know it gives good information and hope to others.

natniel

Mar 1, 2012
dadaem said:
Hi Natniel. He said there wasn't anything mentioned about it. It just mentioned something like if a dependent is not accompanying the applicant, he should still list the names of the dependents but not their passport nos. We don't have dependents though.
dadaem, it is not exactly written on the PPR where you need to fill out your and your spouses' name, passport number etc.. it is written on page number 2, after the "interview" and "change in circumstance". How many pages of letter did your husband receive from the embassy?:)

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
natniel said:
Hi Americana In T.O., dadaem is right, just want to ask if on page 2 of your PPR do you see something that says "Exlcusion: Unexamined Family Members"? Does anyone here who already got their ppr have this on page 2?

Thanks!
hello natniel,

I think I know exactly what you are asking about.. may I quote it from the letter that came for ppr.. page 2, the last entry after the paragraph "change in circumstance" if any of you might want to check it.

Exclusion: Unexamined Family Members

Please be advised that paragraph 117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations excludes from future sponsorship
any foreign national who will not be declared/examined at the time his/her prospective sponsor applies for and obtains permanent residence. If you (or any of your family members) fails to declare or present for examination any family member as defined by the Regulations, then you (or your family member) will not be able to sponsor that undeclared family member at a later date as a member of the family class.

Subsection 1 (3) of the Regulations, defines "family member" in respect of a person as
(a) spouse or common law partner of the person
(b) dependent child of the person or of the person's spouse or common law partner
(c)a dependent child of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b)

Please consult section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations for the definitions for "Common law partner" and "dependent children"

All family members, whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada, MUST be declared and presented for examination to assess whether they are admissible to Canada. A false declaration on your IMM5406 (Additional Family Member form), any failure to declare a family member, or failure to present a "family member" for examination may be found to constitute misrepresentation and may render you inadmissible to Canada.

I think that is all that it says if you have that on the letter that was sent to you,
I guess this is to remind us to declare all our family members so that they will have a record of the family member (legitimate and or not) that we have, for future use given that if ever we wish or wanted to sponsor those that are listed. This specification falls under the Family Class Sponsorship.

Please check the Manual or Guide for instruction in filling up / answering the IMM5406.

I hope that I was able to address your concern accordingly. I am open for any correction or others opinion regarding natniel's concern.

:)

natniel

Mar 1, 2012
adventurer said:
hello natniel,

I think I know exactly what you are asking about.. may I quote it from the letter that came for ppr.. page 2, the last entry after the paragraph "change in circumstance" if any of you might want to check it.

Exclusion: Unexamined Family Members

Please be advised that paragraph 117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations excludes from future sponsorship
any foreign national who will not be declared/examined at the time his/her prospective sponsor applies for and obtains permanent residence. If you (or any of your family members) fails to declare or present for examination any family member as defined by the Regulations, then you (or your family member) will not be able to sponsor that undeclared family member at a later date as a member of the family class.

Subsection 1 (3) of the Regulations, defines "family member" in respect of a person as
(a) spouse or common law partner of the person
(b) dependent child of the person or of the person's spouse or common law partner
(c)a dependent child of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b)

Please consult section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations for the definitions for "Common law partner" and "dependent children"

All family members, whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada, MUST be declared and presented for examination to assess whether they are admissible to Canada. A false declaration on your IMM5406 (Additional Family Member form), any failure to declare a family member, or failure to present a "family member" for examination may be found to constitute misrepresentation and may render you inadmissible to Canada.

I think that is all that it says if you have that on the letter that was sent to you,
I guess this is to remind us to declare all our family members so that they will have a record of the family member (legitimate and or not) that we have, for future use given that if ever we wish or wanted to sponsor those that are listed. This specification falls under the Family Class Sponsorship.

Please check the Manual or Guide for instruction in filling up / answering the IMM5406.

I hope that I was able to address your concern accordingly. I am open for any correction or others opinion regarding natniel's concern.

:)
Thanks adventurer! :) Yes, this is exactly whats written on page 2 of the letter.. do you also have this written on page 2 of the letter you got from CEM?:)

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Who is in charge of the spreadsheet?

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
On the PPR letter that we received, one page was about photo specifications. He sent (9) photos before, when we mailed our application to CPC-M. Although photos were not listed on the important documents/materials to send, my hubby had his photograph taken again. It is the same page as Appendix B on the country specific guide, however, my question is, do the photos have to be signed at the back? I read one said NO and the other said YES. Which one is right?

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
dadaem said:
On the PPR letter that we received, one page was about photo specifications. He sent (9) photos before, when we mailed our application to CPC-M. Although photos were not listed on the important documents/materials to send, my hubby had his photograph taken again. It is the same page as Appendix B on the country specific guide, however, my question is, do the photos have to be signed at the back? I read one said NO and the other said YES. Which one is right?
sissy dadaem,

on the first set of photos that we send along with the application kit, I unfortunately did not signed the back of my photos.., we noticed my mistake a day before my hubby submit it, so he proceed on submitting it. I prepared photos with signature and birthday as instructed, just in case we would received a request to send because I forgot to do as instructed. We were surprise to read on the letter / ppr that we received that they are not requiring me to send photos, assuming that the first set that we sent were accepted and given consideration, I still had a new photo taken and have it sent with the passport and other documents that they asked of me, I followed the instruction on the photo specification that came with the letter/ppr, I did not sign or write anything on the latest photos that I sent to the CEM yesterday. I did not include the photos that I have prepared with signature. :)

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
natniel said:
Thanks adventurer! :) Yes, this is exactly whats written on page 2 of the letter.. do you also have this written on page 2 of the letter you got from CEM?:)

to natniel

yes I have that on my letter/ppr, maybe because they ask me to provide a new "additional family member form" because I mistakenly signed the part where I am not supposed to sign on the first "additional family member form" that we sent.

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Billman said:
Hey everyone. Congrats to all those who got ppr. Still waiting for ours.

thanks Billman

:) yours is on its way.. maybe it just took sometime for the papers to be transferred to your VO. It will be handed to you anytime soon..

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Americana In T.O. said:
Thank you adventurer! We are all in this together. I am very anxious to share my updates with everyone because I know it gives good information and hope to others.

all smiles for you my friend.. :) :) :)