Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
Hanna ,
have you received any letter from damascus after CPC approved the sponsorship ?

I have only received one letter and it starts like this:

" We have received your application for permanent residence in canada. This is your file number : xxxxxxxxxx "

is this the same as Acknowledgement of Receipt Letter ?

have you received this letter ?

hanna1072

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi AAM7,

No I don’t have that letter, the first email I got from them was (copy and paste below):

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please send the following documents:
- Proof of Military Exemption.
- Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 x1 on your behalf in Canada. Please ensure that the original receipt is forwarded to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga and NOT to this office.
- Please complete the attached Residency Questionnaire, this form must be completed and signed by the "principal applicant " after consultation with the "sponsor".
- Copy of your identity card.
- Copy of your sponsor's divorce certificate.
- Certificate of your marriage in Canada, you have submitted copy of the license.
- Copy of your sponsor's Canadian Status document.

With this email they sent me the Residency Questionnaire and a Supplementary information sheet. This email does have the file number on it.
I sent them what they wanted in person (he went in Oct) including the receipt of payment.

Have you paid the money already as well? From what I did read before the country will ask for the PR fee when they are ready to issue the visa but I guess that is not a fact with Syria.

Was I suppose to get that email the same email as you? And why did not get it? How would I find out? I have a lot of questions too...lol

I really want this finished quickly for all of us, no one really knows the suffering of this situation unless they are in it.

Sleen

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Alright Hanna
I have some usefull information for you if you want, since your proceeding time have exceeded you have to call the Deputy of your city and ask him to call on your behalf because the depute can do something and can have answers for you

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
Hanna,

what I understand is that when you submitted your application it was not a complete one and you were missing lots of essential documents and I think that is why you have not received the acknowledgement of receipt letter yet.

I have paid every thing in advance and sent the receipt and all the documents at the first place.

that letter comes in mail ( not e-mail )

rola_S

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanna, if your husband lives already in Syria , why doesn't he go to the ambassy and find out what is the real problem ?

hanna1072

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well really they had some of the information already but they asked for it again, I don’t know why but we sent it again. The only thing we were missing we the military.

I did call my MP and the only info we got back was they will review the file in May.

Yes, he is in Syria and he has gone there a few times but they will not give us any information. He even asked about the medical, which has expired and they told him not to make a new one and that if they need it they will ask.

This letter in the mail, would it go to my Canadian address? My mom never received anything from them and in Syria he said he does not receive mail. So far we have only gotten emails. Do you think he will be able to pick up a letter at the embassy?

I wish I could go there but Syria has refused my visa, Kuwait refuses his visa so we only seen each other once when I went to Lebanon. I plan to see him next month but in Lebanon not Syria (they are still refusing my entry) and just in case you are thinking it i have no criminal recorded and neither does he.

It is a complicated situation!

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
The letter will be mailed to the same mailing address where you see in your eCas.

Sleen

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Ok I called my friend in Damascus, she works at the embassy of canada there , and she told me that when the file is not complete , they hand it to another departement and this is one of the reason why it takes more time because they deal with uncomplete files, I asked her if she can go and look into the profiles and she said that no one can and only the officers that works on them can go and look at them that is why even for me I cant know what is happening with my case , another reason why it can take more time is because the officers are doing security check and they put the case on hold till the security check is done, the security check can take 2-3 month so basically that is what she told me

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
sooo you have a connection in embassy ;)

Sleen

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Well call that as only a connection for some information , even me I Would like to know about my file but cant :p

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
have you ever asked from your so called Connection about the Medical , I mean is that the goal of embassy to issue the visa before expiry date of medical or they don't care at all 8)

Sleen

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
The medical is only good ONE YEAR basically when they have made a TEMPORARY decision based on the medical , they wont ask for new one only if the decision was made before the one year expiration

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
Sleen said:
The medical is only good ONE YEAR basically when they have made a TEMPORARY decision based on the medical , they wont ask for new one only if the decision was made before the one year expiration
Hey you have good information eh ;)
Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAM7 said:
have you ever asked from your so called Connection about the Medical , I mean is that the goal of embassy to issue the visa before expiry date of medical or they don't care at all 8)
The goal is to check the validity of the application on all the tests/rules they apply, security etc.
Issuing the visa before the medical expires is not likely to be a target they are aiming at.
Clearly they would not issue a visa just because a medical may be about to expire, there are far more important issues to deal with.

I think that the cost of a re-medical isn't in their mind. Another example would be, part way through application processing they can request a DNA test, and the applicant has to pay.

hanna1072

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only piece that I did not send was the military paper, everything else really it was there and Canada accepted it but for some reason they wanted it again so of course I submit it again.

My divorce date and marriage date was the same…we planned the wedding according to the date the court gave us of the divorce.
I told you it was complicated…lol but our marriage is real, I just hope they see it that way.

I thought it was by the medical dates too.
So really we just have a whole bunch of questions and no way of getting answers???

I pray we all hear good news soon