Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
geminibella said:
lol congrats nagz!! i wanna email them but at the same time i dont want to as i heard by doing so it somehow slows down the process? right or wrong ?>
yallah going 2 bedd.. g0odnight!
my husband went to damascus for getting his grand ma passport they told him that every inquiry from every person will increase the time processing of alll....so yes it is true inquiry will slow down the process

rola_S

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my lawyer told me the same thing, i have never sent them an email, i am waiting :)

Sleen

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
I dont think this is true because my friend applied for his wife in damascus and they started to process her file the 29 december 2009 and she got her PR 14 may 2010 and he was emailing them like crazy and his wife was going to the embassy each week crying ......it took them 4 month and a half for the visa ...

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
lool maybe we should do the same go cry until they get fed up of us.

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sleen said:
I dont think this is true because my friend applied for his wife in damascus and they started to process her file the 29 december 2009 and she got her PR 14 may 2010 and he was emailing them like crazy and his wife was going to the embassy each week crying ......it took them 4 month and a half for the visa ...
but u know every friends of mine who applied on dec 2009 got theri passport request 2months and 21 days after file number and the other one got 2 months and 28 days after file number..so the process of ur freind was so longer than my friends...2009 was better tahn these days damascus said to my husband that it is veryy busyyyyyyyy...

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nagz2207 said:
lool maybe we should do the same go cry until they get fed up of us.
but they told to my husband that seperation is difficult for any spouse and u r not exeption:(

rola_S

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are right, before 2010, it took maximum 4 months, now it is taking mush longer, also my lawyer told me every time you send an email, they will take your file from the queue, see it than put it back to the queue, not in it originally place, so you will be late for one month or more.

Sleen

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Oh well I though he was lucky to get his PR in 4.5 month ...I guess we are the unlucky ones that they are soooo buzy ...well I hope we all get our PR very soon , I know it is really difficult for all of us
Good luck all

ps. Patience is a virtue ;)

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
rola_S said:
you are right, before 2010, it took maximum 4 months, now it is taking mush longer, also my lawyer told me every time you send an email, they will take your file from the queue, see it than put it back to the queue, not in it originally place, so you will be late for one month or more.
this is not fair :'(

by the way I thought damascus only works on electronic files , if this is true then there is no physical queue. it is just in electronic system and waiting there , so loosing the place in queue makes no sense ( as I said , IF they work only on electronic files )

hanna1072

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I thought it was electronic too but I got that email from them saying that they are still waiting for the physical file, so they CAN commence the processing.

So, what is it, electronic or physical? ??? And if it is the physical file, I think Canada would have had plenty of time from June till February 20 (when I got the email) to send it.

And how can asking a question on your file push it further, I mean you click on the name, read the information, answer the question, close the file. If and this is a big if, they have a name list with dates when the files arrive, it should be straight forward and only changed when the file is actually in a processing state. Right? It just does make sense. ???

rola_S

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

really don't panic, that's what my lawyer said, and i truly believe that sending or not sending an email may not affect the process, i think it depends on the officer and how he works, also i think that it depends on every single situation. so please be patient i have been waiting now for 8 months, i have never sent an email, and it took really a lot of time. my lawyer always says that i should wait, no news so no bad news :)
whishing the best of luck for every one of you, :)

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiii hanna107
i hope ur process finalize soon./
could u plz copy and paste the e_mail that they have sent to u?

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
rola_S said:
Hi guys

really don't panic, that's what my lawyer said, and i truly believe that sending or not sending an email may not affect the process, i think it depends on the officer and how he works, also i think that it depends on every single situation. so please be patient i have been waiting now for 8 months, i have never sent an email, and it took really a lot of time. my lawyer always says that i should wait, no news so no bad news :)
whishing the best of luck for every one of you, :)
Hanna ,

I am so worried now because our time line is very close.

Would you please tell us what was the e-mail you received from damascus ?

Why did they send you this e-mail ? Was it in response to your e-mail or they just initiated the e-mail ?

What was the response on their emails before this one ?

Sorry for lots of questions , I am really panicked

hanna1072

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi niagradreamin and AAM7,

I am worried too, I have tried to find information but I have no answer. I don’t want to send them another email because I am worried about making the process longer.

Here is the whole story guys,

First, I did call my MP and they replied saying that they will not see my file till May.

So, after I just sent an update, when I sent back the questionnaire (in Oct) my taxes where not up-to-date. I have been living in Kuwait, so it was harder for me to complete them, finial I finished them. I just sent an email saying that this is not an inquiry and that I just wanted to update my file, my taxes are complete.

They sent me this email:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,
Please be advised that we have received your sponsorship electronically; however, we have not yet received the physical file. Once we receive the application we will send an acknowledgement of receipt letter to your sponsor and commence the processing of your application.

Regards

Immigration section - RLA
Embassy of Canada/Damascus- Syria
P.O. Box 3394

You guys know my dates of when everything was sent, so I too have lots of questions.

Do they receive only electronic file? and if not why has Canada not send them the file yet? What about the medical, it is done and they told us they don’t need another one, will they ask for it later and make this process longer?

Back in Aug 2008 he came to visit me in Canada and we got married in December. We applied for an extension on his visit visa telling them that I will be sponsoring him. They wrote us back with a denial because we are different culture, different religion, and other stuff that makes us different, and that his responsibilities was to his country and not to Canada. If your visa has expired please leave immediately or action will be taken against you.

So, he left Canada and went to Kuwait on a visit visa to see his parents. I had to come to met his parents as well because I only knew them online and that was one of the things Canada wanted to see. He had to leave to Syria and I got stuck in Kuwait.
Honestly I am sick of this, I want to start our life. Well now you guys have a clearer picture and this brings us to where I am now. LOST

Anyone has any answers, it would be great!