+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

hibz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Ramz27 said:
I am also wondering who's husband or wife is from SYRIA not lebanon , i have noticed syria files get processed a little bit quicker then lebanese maybe because of the security checks......anyone from syria ?
Welcome Ramz27. I am sponsoring my husband from Syria, our file has been received in Damascus since January, but i really don't feel that they process
files from spouses residing in Syria any faster than they do for those living in Iraq, lebanon or Iran....
What's your timeline like?

Nagz: Mabrook on hearing from them .. inshallah hanet and the next time they contact you it'll be for a PPR request.

I think nothing has taught me patience more than this process.... hopefully we all hear good news soon.

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
hibz said:
Welcome Ramz27. I am sponsoring my husband from Syria, our file has been received in Damascus since January, but i really don't feel that they process
files from spouses residing in Syria any faster than they do for those living in Iraq, lebanon or Iran....
What's your timeline like?

Nagz: Mabrook on hearing from them .. inshallah hanet and the next time they contact you it'll be for a PPR request.

I think nothing has taught me patience more than this process.... hopefully we all hear good news soon.
Hey Hibz

im canadian but from lebanese and syrian origine and i sent my sponsorship appliction mid march and the CSQ Medical exam and PR application has been received in damascus on may 13 2011 ...so its been as u can see on my timeline only 4 months 2 weeks and 6 days but my husband applied for a visit visa he was refused but was advised by an agent there at the embassy that his file is in process and should be finalised before the end of the year he surprised to hear that but thats what she told him .....im not sure anymore my friend applied for his wife last year file was received july 2010 and she got the visa on feb 2011 so i no longer know whats the process ..lol im loosing it i just want him here im worried about him and miss him sooooooooooooooooo and yes me too its teaching me patiente!!!!

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
MR BOU said:
well nath you got her in process coucou's land anyway welcome dear don't worry soon u will be like us ;D :'( ;D :D :'( ;D
Well Mr Bou i am already coucou and loosing it , this is the hardest thing i ever tought i would go through not bieng able to live with him , i went to visit even if the situation is bad i risked it but its never enough its like when youre married its different then when youre boyfrienbd and girlfriend i guess.....i need patience..................... :-[

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
wow what's happening here people!!! I think mr. bou just made the mistake of quoting the wrong comment!!! we have no source proving us that is has gone up until 18 months. so until then let us live with 13 months processing time. we'll worry about the 18 months when the time comes

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Ramz27 said:
Hey Hibz

im canadian but from lebanese and syrian origine and i sent my sponsorship appliction mid march and the CSQ Medical exam and PR application has been received in damascus on may 13 2011 ...so its been as u can see on my timeline only 4 months 2 weeks and 6 days but my husband applied for a visit visa he was refused but was advised by an agent there at the embassy that his file is in process and should be finalised before the end of the year he surprised to hear that but thats what she told him .....im not sure anymore my friend applied for his wife last year file was received july 2010 and she got the visa on feb 2011 so i no longer know whats the process ..lol im loosing it i just want him here im worried about him and miss him sooooooooooooooooo and yes me too its teaching me patiente!!!!
You're right Ramz27!
I know many people who received their PR Visas in less than SEVEN MONTHS. On the other I know only one person received her PR Visa in 15 MONTHS; because she had sent in an expired police clearance, then when she applied to the police department in Iraq, she received it after SIX MONTHS! Therefore, the delays aren't made by the embassy if every thing is accurate and valid, but they're most likely made by applicants.

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
I'd also like to encourage you guys not to completely rely on all the information that's been provided in this forum, or any other; because there're NO IMMIGRATION CONSULTANTS posting their experience and advice. We are all applicants!

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
nagz2207 said:
wow what's happening here people!!! I think mr. bou just made the mistake of quoting the wrong comment!!! we have no source proving us that is has gone up until 18 months. so until then let us live with 13 months processing time. we'll worry about the 18 months when the time comes
no one said 18 months , i think it was a missunderstanding , i guess were all unable to deal with 13 already lol...and of course hopefully it will get better and be 11 or 9 months soon and not 18 ..i can see youve been waiting 10 months , did u get a call or e mail from the embassy ? had you submitted medical exam with the application from the start or later on?

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
KhalidIraq said:
I'd also like to encourage you guys not to completely rely on all the information that's been provided in this forum, or any other; because there're NO IMMIGRATION CONSULTANTS posting their experience and advice. We are all applicants!
khalid i noticed you wrote med 's not requested has the sponsored person wether its u or ur wife done the medical exam yet ?if not why ? did you know that when you dont send the complete file you can delay your application for up to 2 months ? i was adv by my lawyer to have my husband do the medical exam and send it at the same time as everything.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
MR BOU said:
1st thx for wishing us good luck
2nd you wasn't rude at all
3rd your right about what you said and im with u 100% but u miss my point i wasnt talking about facts and what you guys are saying i mentioned that some ppl they come and say things that have nothing with fact or truth as you know we are all a sensitive case with the processing time so they do it to make a scene out of it that's all
i asked them politely (PLEASE dont give any information that your not sure of it) have a good night or enjoy the rest of your evening

best regards
Wissam known as MR BOU
My apologies then I thought your message was directed towards me.

Allah y se3idna :)

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
geminibella said:
My apologies then I thought your message was directed towards me.

Allah y se3idna :)
you're adorable for apologizing , insallah allah byefreja 3ala l jami3 cause i think we're all on edge these days and patiente is a virtue not a given....

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Ramz27 said:
khalid i noticed you wrote med 's not requested has the sponsored person wether its u or ur wife done the medical exam yet ?if not why ? did you know that when you dont send the complete file you can delay your application for up to 2 months ? i was adv by my lawyer to have my husband do the medical exam and send it at the same time as everything.
My wife has not been requested to provide her medical examination results. When I had e-mailed the embassy regarding the medical exam form, I was told to BE PATIENT!.
Normally, the medical results are received by the embassy after only FOUR WEEKS from Paris centre, but unfortunately can take up to THREE MONTHS, as it's mentioned on CIC Damascus Website.

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
KhalidIraq said:
My wife has not been requested to provide her medical examination results. When I had e-mailed the embassy regarding the medical exam form, I was told to BE PATIENT!.
Normally, the medical results are received by the embassy after only FOUR WEEKS from Paris centre, but unfortunately can take up to THREE MONTHS, as it's mentioned on CIC Damascus Website.
you see i got married in december 2010 my husband did the medical exam in damascus feb 2011 and i sent the sponsorship application along with the medical receipt so they had it at step one ...my layer adv me to do it this way that way they will have them when they need them since they are valid 12 months ....ask her to do them now and send them it will make the waiting a bit shorter...i think

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Ramz27 said:
you're adorable for apologizing , insallah allah byefreja 3ala l jami3 cause i think we're all on edge these days and patiente is a virtue not a given....
Thank you however I was in the wrong so it's the best I can do. As for this process yes inshallah Allah byifrija 3alayna lyom abl bokra !!

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Ramz27 said:
you see i got married in december 2010 my husband did the medical exam in damascus feb 2011 and i sent the sponsorship application along with the medical receipt so they had it at step one ...my layer adv me to do it this way that way they will have them when they need them since they are valid 12 months ....ask her to do them now and send them it will make the waiting a bit shorter...i think
Thanks for advising!
I had e-mailed the embassy again regarding the medical form a few days ago, and am currently awaiting a reply.

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
KhalidIraq said:
Thanks for advising!
I had e-mailed the embassy again regarding the medical form a few days ago, and am currently awaiting a reply.
khalid there is no special form that they send you , there is one in the applicaton form that you can print off CIC its one paper in the document where you fill out that the application is going to mississauga your wifes name and address she takes it with her to one of the DR that they have on the list on CIC she pays 6000 syrian pounds gets the tests done he takes that paper from her he sends it to paris then he gives her a yellow paper (receipt that she forwards to damasus she needs to send the original one. u dont need the embassies ok for it !!!