+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
dear parastoo, as u see we've all been waiting for a long time now, if u're at ur 3rd month, it means u have to wait between 6 and 8 months. i don't mean to make u feel down, i just want u to be realistic. coz facing reality is the thing we need to do for this process. in the beginning i thought they were gonna finish it on my fourth month (that's what some people told me) and it made me more disappointed. but if i knew from the beginning that it was gonna be so long i wouldn't get annoyed like this.
so i'm telling you from now, know that ur waiting time won't be less than 6 months... good luck!!!!

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
parastoo said:
i email to damascus and they replied me this text
Dear Sir:

Please be advised that the application is in queue for assessment. Please be patient as we will contact you when the application reaches the next stage of processing. In the meantime, if there is any change in the information submitted for the application please inform us as soon as possible.

Please note that we are devoting all available resources to ensure that our priority Family Class cases (spouses, partners, and dependent children) are processed as quickly as possible. This application was received in our office on 01 March 2011. Our objective is to finalize these cases within 11 months of the date of receipt. Routine cases, where all the required information is submitted with the application, are handled even more quickly. However, if further checks are required, finalizing the case might take longer.

For updated information on our standard processing times and for other information, we welcome you to visit our web site.

Regards,

Immigration section - RLA
Embassy of Canada/Damascus- Syria
P.O. Box 3394

what this mean ?! am i wait for 3monuths ???!!!!!
wow this email is so clear. cant believe they took the time to write all this (sarcastic)

htraboul

May 27, 2011
nath18 said:
dear parastoo, as u see we've all been waiting for a long time now, if u're at ur 3rd month, it means u have to wait between 6 and 8 months. i don't mean to make u feel down, i just want u to be realistic. coz facing reality is the thing we need to do for this process. in the beginning i thought they were gonna finish it on my fourth month (that's what some people told me) and it made me more disappointed. but if i knew from the beginning that it was gonna be so long i wouldn't get annoyed like this.
so i'm telling you from now, know that ur waiting time won't be less than 6 months... good luck!!!!
Parastoo's application was recieved in Damascus on March first, it means that he s been waiting for more than 6 month tell now

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
guyss i have a question, my husband kept a copy from our file, so he showed me a questionnaire that we filled it's called " questionnaire du repondant" it contains infos about his salary, where he was residing, if he was married b4 and more infos about him. plz soe tell me is this the residency questionnaire???? or the RQ is sthg different? this one is called QR but R is for repondant not residency ::)

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
ah sorry parastoo i thought u said u were at ur third month ???

parastoo

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
iran
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus (ankara)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011 damasdus
Med's Done....
28-11-2010 redo 28-11-2011
Passport Req..
8 JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 june 2012
LANDED..........
23 june 2012
nath18 said:
nath18 , im in 8mounths and 10 days

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
yes ok ok i understood wrong, so we have approximately the same timeline, u presented it in january?....

htraboul

May 27, 2011
nath18 said:
guyss i have a question, my husband kept a copy from our file, so he showed me a questionnaire that we filled it's called " questionnaire du repondant" it contains infos about his salary, where he was residing, if he was married b4 and more infos about him. plz soe tell me is this the residency questionnaire???? or the RQ is sthg different? this one is called QR but R is for repondant not residency ::)
No Nath
I am applying form quebec province also, and I filled this questionnaire du repondant at the begeining.
The RQ is an other document that they send you later to update the information. Me neither I didnt get it
A friend of mine he applied on NOV 2010, he got it 3 weeks ago

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
parastoo said:
i can see you in the chart now, so u're @ ur 6th month (counting from the beginning of the treatment in damascus) i hope u won't be waiting long...

parastoo

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
iran
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus (ankara)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011 damasdus
Med's Done....
28-11-2010 redo 28-11-2011
Passport Req..
8 JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 june 2012
LANDED..........
23 june 2012
htraboul said:
Parastoo's application was recieved in Damascus on March first, it means that he s been waiting for more than 6 month tell now
nooooooooooooooooooooo pls , i think i have 3 more months to wait !!!!

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
htraboul said:
No Nath
I am applying form quebec province also, and I filled this questionnaire du repondant at the begeining.
The RQ is an other document that they send you later to update the information. Me neither I didnt get it
A friend of mine he applied on NOV 2010, he got it 3 weeks ago
ah ok 10x htraboul ,good to know :-[

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
parastoo said:
nooooooooooooooooooooo pls , i think i have 3 more months to wait !!!!
dear parastoo, it would be good to add a signature @ the end (if u want), but yes u're @ ur sixth month not 8th, it means u still have 3 or more months, cause as u can see a lot from us have been waiting for 8 monthss and more and no one got his PPR yet... Good luck dear, don't lose courage!!!

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
parastoo said:
your time is exactly like mine, its been 6 months for us, it doesnt count from the time it was in Mississauga, it counts from the first of march :(

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
geminibella said:
In cases like that shouldnt they just be like unfortunately due to confidentiality were unable to disclose information over the phone however if you would like your more than welcome to drop by?? Atleast that way were aware?!?

Where on catherine street sohrab?? Last year around sept i went somewhere on catherine street they help with immigration application on the 2nd floor my uncle braught me there and this guy double checked over my papers to make sure nothing was missing and told me what to add else dont know what the place is called but ya is that the place ? Lol
your right but they dont take the time to do anything right anymore, its just a bunch of random things we hear from different people, and yea thats the same building haha :D

pouyaba

Aug 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parastoo said:
i email to damascus and they replied me this text
Dear Sir:

Please be advised that the application is in queue for assessment. Please be patient as we will contact you when the application reaches the next stage of processing. In the meantime, if there is any change in the information submitted for the application please inform us as soon as possible.

Please note that we are devoting all available resources to ensure that our priority Family Class cases (spouses, partners, and dependent children) are processed as quickly as possible. This application was received in our office on 01 March 2011. Our objective is to finalize these cases within 11 months of the date of receipt. Routine cases, where all the required information is submitted with the application, are handled even more quickly. However, if further checks are required, finalizing the case might take longer.

For updated information on our standard processing times and for other information, we welcome you to visit our web site.

Regards,

Immigration section - RLA
Embassy of Canada/Damascus- Syria
P.O. Box 3394

what this mean ?! am i wait for 3monuths ???!!!!!

I received exact same email today!!!