2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
hinajameel1984
please note that hiring a lawyer does not speed up the process. secondly lawyer would not write to immigration as much as you can because they know the rules better and they are intimidated as they can be repremanded.
About your rukhsati remember that it is always good to inform the immigration that you are planning to do that so it would be on their record. eventhough you can delay it later as I have done it but at least there could be always a reason for the delay.
I had the nikkah in june 2010 and rukhsati in feb 2011. But i informed them that I will have the rukhsati in Dec 2010 eventhough it had been delayed. At least it was on their record. It shows your intention for the near future.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
impulsive said:
hinajameel1984
please note that hiring a lawyer does not speed up the process. secondly lawyer would not write to immigration as much as you can because they know the rules better and they are intimidated as they can be repremanded.
About your rukhsati remember that it is always good to inform the immigration that you are planning to do that so it would be on their record. eventhough you can delay it later as I have done it but at least there could be always a reason for the delay.
I had the nikkah in june 2010 and rukhsati in feb 2011. But i informed them that I will have the rukhsati in Dec 2010 eventhough it had been delayed. At least it was on their record. It shows your intention for the near future.
Thats actually a very good idea, becuase if you didn't do rukhsati and nor you told them your planning about it you will most likely be receiving an objection letter that the marriage is not genuine...So plan ahead and let them know your full planning so atleast its in their record and once you have done your rukhsati then you can send them pictures to prove that you have done it and that would definately save you some time in the whole process.

yago

May 26, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a newbie on this board.

Sponsored my wife from Pakistan. Its in process

Learning alot from this board

Thanks all....

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
yago said:
I am a newbie on this board.

Sponsored my wife from Pakistan. Its in process

Learning alot from this board

Thanks all....
Did your wife actually received an AOR from CHC-Islamabad or you are refering your sponsorship approval letter for CPC-Mississauga as AOR?

yago

May 26, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Did your wife actually received an AOR from CHC-Islamabad or you are refering your sponsorship approval letter for CPC-Mississauga as AOR?

Sponsorship Approval letter was recieved from Mississuaga on April 11, 2011 and the application of permanent residence was transferred to CHC-Islamabad and has been recieved by them on April 20, 2011. Stated information has been only on E-CAS.
My wife did not recieve any AOR from CHC-Islamabad and I believe they dont send it anymore as per by reliable sources over here.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
yago said:
Sponsorship Approval letter was recieved from Mississuaga on April 11, 2011 and the application of permanent residence was transferred to CHC-Islamabad and has been recieved by them on April 20, 2011. Stated information has been only on E-CAS.
My wife did not recieve any AOR from CHC-Islamabad and I believe they dont send it anymore as per by reliable sources over here.
Thats what I thought, and thats why I asked becuase they havn't send AORs to anyone after Mid October2010.

maknojia

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
yago said:
we have the same timeline as you have so write CHC isl and asked for ur file number they are not sending AOR anymore.

yago

May 26, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maknojia said:
we have the same timeline as you have so write CHC isl and asked for ur file number they are not sending AOR anymore.
@ maknojia

I emailed CHC-Islamabad on May 10, 2011 and recieved File # same day.

Did you get your File # and when did you apply for spousal sponsorship ??

maknojia

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
yago said:
@ maknojia

I emailed CHC-Islamabad on May 10, 2011 and recieved File # same day.

Did you get your File # and when did you apply for spousal sponsorship ??
my husband applied in march 2011

yago

May 26, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
It might be too early to email them to ask for a file number I would wait atleast till mid June.
Mine & Maknojia have same timeline.

I was able to get File number same day.

I think they just create file number once they recieve it but they start assessing the application after the 7-9 months of reciept of the application.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
yago said:
Mine & Maknojia have same timeline.

I was able to get File number same day.

I think they just create file number once they recieve it but they start assessing the application after the 7-9 months of reciept of the application.
Not necessarily, they created my wife's file after 17 days of receiving it from CPC-M..But yeah its worth a try there is no harm...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
maknojia said:
yeah we also got the file number on the same day we email them.
Great! so now you can use that file number for any correspondence and inquiry purposes. It makes it a bit easier :)

hinajameel1984

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Request
waiting!
Med's Done....
waiting!
Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!
Hi Wes!
Ruksati is planned in Jan 2012 ! lol typo tha ..

Please see my answer to the question regarding wedding reception ! I know they would obviously reply with an objection on not planning ruksati before getting the immigration approved. When I send them voluntarily docs in Feb or Mar, what reason should I write in the cover letter ! Why did we do ruksati ?

Was there a reception?
No .. Explain. Ifyou plan to have a reception later, give date and place.

IN PAKISTANI CULTURE,THE WEDDING RECEPTION DOES NOT TAKE PLACE UNTIL THE BRIDE IS
ABLE TO LEAVE HER FAMILY'S HOME AND LIVE WITH HER HUSBAND.SINCE MY SPONSOR
HUSBAND) STILL LIVES IN CANADA, AND IAM NOT ABLE TO LIVE WITH HIM UNTIL MY
IMMIGRATIONIS APPROVED. NO WEDDING RECEPTION TOOK PLACE. THE RECEPTION WILL TAKE
PLACE ONCE MY SPONSOR (HUSBAND)RETURNS TO PAKISTAN TO BRING ME BACK WITH HIM.
SINCE WE DON'T KNOW HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY IMMIGRATION TO BE APPROVED, WE
CANNOT SET A DATE OR PLACE JUST QUITEYET.