+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sahibzada_2010 said:
Hello everyone.

I am about to send my wife application to Mississauga in the couple of days just waiting for one letter and there is strike going on with Canada post. ???

I just wanted to know friends please. I signed the sponsorship application from my wife on May 8, 2011 and I was about to leave Peshawar, Pakistan on May 10, 2011 so I signed the application in back home from her because than its hassle for me to send it back and then she send it back to me.

I just wanted to know that is it OK that I signed the application from her in back home. The guide says "once you complete all your application, send it to your sponsor person to sign it". I cannot do that since the mail couriers in Peshawar are not very punctual. I don't want to loose my application.

Please guide me please.
Thanks to everyone and may Allah solve our problems. Ameen.

wes786 said:
That should be fine as long as its signed and dated. They also know sometimes there are documents issue and people have to wait for mail delivery and stuff so it should be ok.

hinajameel1984

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Request
waiting!
Med's Done....
waiting!
Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!
Hi everyone !!
Hope you all doing great !

ECAS shows the following status:

Application Received
We received Hina Syed's Application for permanent residence on May 30, 2011

What does this mean ?
Do I still need to email the embassy in Islamabad for my File No or should I rely on E-CAS info?

yago

May 26, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinajameel1984 said:
Hi everyone !!
Hope you all doing great !

ECAS shows the following status:

Application Received
We received Hina Syed's Application for permanent residence on May 30, 2011

What does this mean ?
Do I still need to email the embassy in Islamabad for my File No or should I rely on E-CAS info?
E-CAS will not show your file number.

You have to email CHC-Islamabad to request your file number.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Hi everyone. I have mailed my wife's sponsorship application to CIC Mississauga on May 29 and it was delivered on June 1, 2011. I have not heard anything yet. Will they respond by email or Canada Post. Is it too early to contact them over phone to get the status and file number.

yago

May 26, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irsum said:
Hi everyone. I have mailed my wife's sponsorship application to CIC Mississauga on May 29 and it was delivered on June 1, 2011. I have not heard anything yet. Will they respond by email or Canada Post. Is it too early to contact them over phone to get the status and file number.
Current processing time for PC-Mississuaga is around 40 days.

If you are eligible for sponsorship, they will send you approval letter and if all goes well then you will recieve it by July 2nd week.

There is no point of contact them as they have confirmed the reciept of your application and will work on it soon.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
irsum said:
Yep as yago mentioned it is too early to contact them wait atleast 6 weeks. They will either send the approval letter and transfer the file to Islamabad or they will ask for additional documents if you have missed any. In the mean time you can try to check online status by using your receipt number, but it won't have anytihing until they create a file for you. And its too early, normally it shows up after 30 days you have sent the application.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
yago said:
Current processing time for PC-Mississuaga is around 40 days.

If you are eligible for sponsorship, they will send you approval letter and if all goes well then you will recieve it by July 2nd week.

There is no point of contact them as they have confirmed the reciept of your application and will work on it soon.
Thanks Yago.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
wes786 said:
Yep as yago mentioned it is too early to contact them wait atleast 6 weeks. They will either send the approval letter and transfer the file to Islamabad or they will ask for additional documents if you have missed any. In the mean time you can try to check online status by using your receipt number, but it won't have anytihing until they create a file for you. And its too early, normally it shows up after 30 days you have sent the application.
Thanks wes, I did try checking online but as you said it perhaps is too early.

kapechoo

Jun 4, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Preparing
wes786 said:
There is no problem with giving your wife's address as the permanent address. They just want an address where they can send the letters, and requests to. My wife lives with her mom aswell because she was studying and I gave her moms address to the embassy. And since January 2010 she has received all the requests and documents without any issues :)
Thanks very much wes786 :)

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
chc is currently working on 2010 applications from June, july & may be August now . It was around two weeks ago. It would take some time before they start 2011 applications.

B

bestplace4u

iftikhar505 said:
chc is currently working on 2010 applications from June, july & may be August now . It was around two weeks ago. It would take some time before they start 2011 applications.
oh ok thanx for the info

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
Yes but it seems like you had applied a while ago (in 2009) I wonder why are they taking so long for your application.