+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
fahadq said:
Alhamdulilah my wife received her PPR request today .... Unfortunately she couldn't send the form today back cause of stupid TCS timings between 8 and 11 in the morning :mad:

NO PCC but a supplementary form was sent to update my passport number (sponsor)
Congrats!!!

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
fahadq said:
Alhamdulilah my wife received her PPR request today .... Unfortunately she couldn't send the form today back cause of stupid TCS timings between 8 and 11 in the morning :mad:

Congratulations to you and your wife. Another good news masha Allah......

marya238

Dec 9, 2010
Georgetown
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2009
AOR Received.
12-11-2009
File Transfer...
07-12-2009
Med's Request
27-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-12-2010
Congratssssssssssss :D

Mere miyan ka kab hogaaaaaa ammmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
fahadq said:

wow.......i m so happyyyyyyyy for u........................... wish u all d best................................... pray for us toooooooo.............
cn u just tell me one thng , how mny times u mailed to chc isl ab ur case.......... i ll appreciate ur reply ?

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
knaeem said:
Background checks 99% are conducted by the CSIS & RCMA.. and they do it within one month...

IN NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES & STRAIGHT FORWARD CASE
Here I will explain you how all this process goes...
1. After CHC-I receives your application they send you AOR which containes file number and estimated process time..
2. They open your file atleast after 9-10 months for the first review
3. They send you additional documents request IMM, Supplementry forms etc alongwith updated PCC report.
4. They send you re-medical request within a monh after sending additional documents (in some cases they will send re-medicals alongwith PPR)
5. They do your back ground checks from SCIS & RCMA.
6. After completion of background checks they forward file to a decision making officer
7. Within ONE month decision is made 99% PPR
8. Passport Back with visa withn 2 weeks.
(ENTIRE PROCESS MAY TAKE FROM 14-16 MONTH BOTH FOR WIFE AND HUSBAND CASES)

IN SOME COMPLICATED CASES OR DOUBTFUL CASES
Here I will explain you how all this process goes...
1. After CHC-I receives your application they send you AOR which containes file number and estimated process time..
2. They open your file atleast after 9-10 months for the first review
3. They send you additional documents request IMM, Supplementry forms etc alongwith updated PCC report.
bUT ALSO A LETTER WITH SOME OBJECTION, EITHER RUKHSATI OR ANYTHING ELSE
4. They send you re-medical request within a monh after sending additional documents (in some cases they will send re-medicals alongwith PPR) (Plus Objction Letter)
and they wait to resolve that objction either by conducting an interview of applicant or by getting additional supporting docments (i.e. more proofs, pictures, phone bills, letters, cards,travel etc) wich takes atleast 3-4 months extra

5. They do your back ground checks from SCIS & RCMA.
6. After completion of background checks they forward file to a decision making officer (If they don't find anything suspecious in background)
7. Within ONE month decision is made depends on background check results
8. Passport Back with visa withn 2 weeks.

(ENTIRE PROCESS MAY TAKE FROM 20 - 24 MONHS IN BOTH HUSBANDS & WIFE CASES)
Well explained.

fahadq

Nov 4, 2010
oakville
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-02-2010
Med's Done....
02-01-2010
Passport Req..
22-02-2011
Hareer said:
CONGRATULATIONSSS!!!

had they asked you for Remedical???? before sending PPR?
They had asked for Re-medical in beginning of January

fahadq

Nov 4, 2010
oakville
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-02-2010
Med's Done....
02-01-2010
Passport Req..
22-02-2011
lonly widout hubby said:
wow.......i m so happyyyyyyyy for u........................... wish u all d best................................... pray for us toooooooo.............
cn u just tell me one thng , how mny times u mailed to chc isl ab ur case.......... i ll appreciate ur reply ?
I didn't email them before 9 months from AOR after that 2 emails every month and Emails to MP... but that didn't get me anywhere and then email to Jason Kenney's office and 4 days from then came the PPR request btw I don't think that Jason Kenney's office even looked at my email since they never got back to me. Found out the the file was with decision making officer in last week of January so I think 3 weeks from that time. My wife called Islamabad 4 times. Kept a record of what they said on the phone then emailed them regarding that information. Made lots of duas and Allah swt answered them Alhamdulilah

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hareer said:
The first step that conducts presented file, documents are called review. Background check is done for security purposes.

When they say background CHECK with an S (CHECKS) are over then that should cover both stages. Why background checks are over and file hasn't been initially reviewed. That confuses me.
After sending AOR they will check your documents, that is called first background checks... This included your PCC which obviously securty from Pakistan. But the security background checks always conducted as last step and it is done by CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Services) and RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) After this test they will forward your file to a senior Immigration officer OR decision making officer (same thing) and this is very athentic information....

B

bestplace4u

fahadq said:
I didn't email them before 9 months from AOR after that 2 emails every month and Emails to MP... but that didn't get me anywhere and then email to Jason Kenney's office and 4 days from then came the PPR request btw I don't think that Jason Kenney's office even looked at my email since they never got back to me. Found out the the file was with decision making officer in last week of January so I think 3 weeks from that time. My wife called Islamabad 4 times. Kept a record of what they said on the phone then emailed them regarding that information. Made lots of duas and Allah swt answered them Alhamdulilah
Many Congratz

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahadq said:
Congratulatons! Fahadq,,, very good news, hope and pray every one gets their PPR & then Visas soon InshaAllah... Aameen

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
fahadq said:
mashallah.............. u lucky guy..... thankz for ur reply..all d best for d futureeeeeee........
just tell me how did ur wify called embassy , wat is d no. n does it help ......... n did she called also after 9 mths frm d start ..........
n one last thng , whch dua did u guys recited, it mite help me alsoooooo.........
thankz again , reply will be really appreciated againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :p ;)

kha

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
fahadq said:

MAshAllah Bout Bouty Mubarik ho

kha

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
wes786 said:
UPDATE on my side...

So yes they have started working on March AORs. Exactly after 11month, finally my wife has received her first letter from the embassy after the AOR asking for Updated PCC and updated forms (IM0008, additional family, and supp form)
Hi congr8s yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Wes786 I also got IMM008,add family, applicant form and supply form today as well but no PCC, I sent them PCC voluntarary few months back

kha

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
knaeem said:
After sending AOR they will check your documents, that is called first background checks... This included your PCC which obviously securty from Pakistan. But the security background checks always conducted as last step and it is done by CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Services) and RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) After this test they will forward your file to a senior Immigration officer OR decision making officer (same thing) and this is very athentic information....
Knaeem plz tell me abt my case wat do u think at which stage it is now ? as I also got 4 imm forms to fill again after such a long time and no remedicals one more thing my husband emailed in january to CIC ISB abt the status and replied was that it is in the Q for initial review , my medz are also expired

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I found some details about how background check are done by CSIS.

post starts from here
I find that this is such a mystery and would be great to know what others have experienced over time ... I know that it has been suggested before but for some reason I cant find the topic... CSIS is driving me crazy... nothing makes sense ... one person tells you one thing others tell you another and I am sure that its got more people and ... so maybe if we all put our heads together we can come up with something ....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted the above in the suggestion box and I really think that we should do this .... so anyway I also wanted to add to this ... (swift you should be interested in this)

I finally got a chance to speak to my old prof... he confirmed most of the things that I suspected with a few surprises .... so anyway ... i thought i share with you all what he said ... for anyone going trough the same thing that I am right now .... before i start he also told me that he can give me only the basic... he said that he could not leak anything to me or he would have to kill me tehehe... I think

Background check the basic:
· Timeframe: 0 (people can get except from this) - 21 months (ya i swore at him too... he was not used to that from me)
· Steps that they take: If everything is cleared (relationship is real, medical is cleared, police report is cleared) they then start the background check (they will not do this before all of those three things are cleared)
· From the first step they determine (with a CSIS member) if they want a in-depth report or simple one...
· Simple on takes about 90 days - 120 days
· In-depth takes about 180 days - 21 months --> now he said that this is further broken down to how in-depth they go... here are a few determining factors
o Your nationality and race (eg. if you are Tamil you are going to get an in-depth one... great my husband is that)
o Where you currently live
o Have you ever been rejected by a country
o have you ever been a refugee in a country and was that excepted
o how many courtiers you lived in
o Have you ever been in a country illegally
o Your Criminal record
§ if you have a record have you been rehabilitated and for how long
§ they do a full 12 months one if you had a criminal record
o And then they go into your personal stuff
§ eg. Bankruptcy ....
o They also will check your family background if they have reasons to suspect it
§ eg your brother is involved in anything that is related to their watch list (terrorism springs to mind here)
· Checks for most in-Canada aps are done by CSIS unless they think that they need to do checks in other countries...
· I asked him about the US and the UK and Russia (for swift) ... all are done by CSIS unless they have reasons to check with local ... now for Russia swift here is what he says CSIS does their own check because they worry about security breaches .... so I asked him why some of the interviews were canceled ... and he says that they probably could not get someone out there because of the recent security problems and risk currently in Russia ... he says that Russia is becoming a country that is little by little unstable ... so when a low level CSIS opp is sent in they take all the precaution... ( sorry swift that’s all i could get out of him)
· Now another hint he gave me is if your country is on the watch list for Canada you can find it on CSIS website ... I have not gone and looked at it so don’t know ... but he says that Canada's list is exactly like US list so we should go look at that as well
· Here is also an added factor ... If you have ever worked for any governments you will be of interest even if you have ever been just a file clerk...
· Military background automatically = in-depth report ... (this means if the person sponsoring or the person being sponsored has any military background your looking at least 6 months check)
· Now for outside aps... your looking at 6 months check anyway unless you come from a country that is visa exempt ...
· Another thing that you have to look at if you are coming from a country that is not visa exempt… if there currently is any unrest…
· I asked him about my own situation and he explained that it should take a min of 9 months

* Added: I just review my notes and I forgot to add this ... Most of the other coutries that Canada does not have a close ties to or does not know much about get done by their local counterpart... so eg in Sri Lanka the local depts take over and they then fork it out to local police and equals of CSIS ... as they would know the culture and behaviours of those people ... and to top it off .. if there is unrest this will take longer ... and if their is any prejedice against you in that country eg.. .Tamils in Sri Lanka then expect it to take even longer ... Cuss

· I told him that there are lots of people out there who need help just like me and I told him it would be nice if there could be some understanding of this process … but he says that it would not be possible … if that was possible then there would not be any criminals in the world and then we would not need CIC or CSIS for that matter … he has got a point

On that Note: I hope this helps people a little to understand this stupid process that we are stuck in…