+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Might be a dumb question, but when applying for BOWP online do we do it through the MyCIC account?

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
lufc_cal said:
Might be a dumb question, but when applying for BOWP online do we do it through the MyCIC account?
Yes you have to login to your MyCIC account

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lufc_cal said:
Yes, you have to. And there's no dumb questions, not asking questions - that's dumb. ;)

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
iam_toby said:
Yes, you have to. And there's no dumb questions, not asking questions - that's dumb. ;)
Thanks!

Only reason I asked - when you click the 'Apply online' link it takes you to a quiz to determine if you're eligible or not.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
lufc_cal said:
Thanks!

Only reason I asked - when you click the 'Apply online' link it takes you to a quiz to determine if you're eligible or not.
That quiz will also provide you a reference number which you need to apply online....

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
BigBee said:
That quiz will also provide you a reference number which you need to apply online....
I don't see the reference number anywhere after completion.

nskschatten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2013
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-03-2014
did anybody got a dicision lately? I am Feb 3rd applicant and like to know what date they are processing right now. The website is only updated once a week

Jul 20, 2013
Hi .. did u stay in Canada after applying BOWP? can u reply to my mail id manjulakoteswararao@gmail.com .. appreciate ur help and suggestion

anveshaluwala said:
hi guys.

A gud news... we ( me and my wife) got our BOWP today afternoon..

CEC applied: Nov 25th 2013
Visa expiring:Jan 5th 2014
BOWP applied: Jan 3rd 2014 without AOR (paper based application)
CC charged: Jan 8th 2014
AOR received:Jan 10th 2014
Finally BOWP received : Feb 14th 2014..

Thanks for this forum and support guys.. It was the time were we lost all the hopes and was just thinking what to do and just found this forum which helped us a lotttttt...Thanks a ton!!

Cheers,
Anvesh

cupidsbutler

Dec 7, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 21, 2014
AOR Received.
February 25, 2014
Med's Request
August 11, 2014
Med's Done....
August 15, 2014
Hi Guys,

Applied for my BOWP through paper application since I hadn't received my AOR yet, and my current WP expires March 4, 2014.

Just received my AOR today so I'm planning on submitting an online application ASAP since I'm planning on traveling in June and would need to apply for a TRV as well.

Any suggestions on next steps? Do I submit an online application and use the same fee receipt I used for the paper application? Or do I pay additional fees for the online application and retract my paper application?

Can I even retract a paper application for a refund?

Thanks in advance!

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^I don't think so. They describe processing time as the time it takes to finish (end-to-end) 80% (or some %) of the applications.
Which probably means that ~x% of what they are currently processing fall within the date they quoted. Of course, there will be outliers such as very fast or those that need further investigation.

anveshaluwala

Jul 23, 2012
cupidsbutler said:
Hi Guys,

Applied for my BOWP through paper application since I hadn't received my AOR yet, and my current WP expires March 4, 2014.

Just received my AOR today so I'm planning on submitting an online application ASAP since I'm planning on traveling in June and would need to apply for a TRV as well.

Any suggestions on next steps? Do I submit an online application and use the same fee receipt I used for the paper application? Or do I pay additional fees for the online application and retract my paper application?

Can I even retract a paper application for a refund?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Yes you can apply for online application and you will be following some steps and last step will be payment option and unless you do the payment your application will not be submitted..And you can ask for refund which takes 8 weeks to get them back..Here is the link for refund..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4

Cheers,
AA

nskschatten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2013
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-03-2014
I just received an BOWP.
Stats:

Applied Feb 3rd online (via Lawyer)
Current Work Permit valid for two more years. Due to changing employer end of March we requested to aknoweldge a functional equivalent of less than 4 month (cover letter).

Cheers

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskschatten said:
I just received an BOWP.
Stats:

Current Work Permit valid for two more years. Due to changing employer end of March we requested to aknoweldge a functional equivalent of less than 4 month (cover letter).

Cheers
Hey Buddy Congrats...was eagerly waiting for your results. did you attach the offer letter of the new employer?

dubakoor

Dec 16, 2013
nskschatten said:
I just received an BOWP.
Stats:

Cheers
That's awesome. I'm kind of in the same situation as yours. My current work permit is valid for another 15 months and I currently have a job offer to switch employers. Would you mind sharing the cover letter that you submitted with your application? If you happen to be from Toronto, i wouldn't mind visiting the Lawyer who did this magic :)

Also, the new BOWP that you got approved is valid for another 1 year?

Thanks. Look forward o your response.

nskschatten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2013
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-03-2014
dubakoor said:
That's awesome. I'm kind of in the same situation as yours. My current work permit is valid for another 15 months and I currently have a job offer to switch employers. Would you mind sharing the cover letter that you submitted with your application? If you happen to be from Toronto, i wouldn't mind visiting the Lawyer who did this magic :)

Also, the new BOWP that you got approved is valid for another 1 year?

Thanks. Look forward o your response.
The lawyer is KPMG legal and my new employer hired them. Unfortunately I cannot share this letter as this is confidential. I think KPMG is residing in Ontario.
The BOWP is for one year, correct