+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lufc_cal said:
How long was your online application, out of interest?
I think the total processing time for my BOWP application was around 15 days. Processing time posted on CIC
website at the time was 19 days.

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
iam_toby said:
I think the total processing time for my BOWP application was around 15 days. Processing time posted on CIC
website at the time was 19 days.
Cool, cheers for that.

I'm currently at around 13 days, so it should be some time this week.

priyas614

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
09-Mar-14
File Transfer...
09-Mar-14
Med's Request
23-Aug-14
Med's Done....
05-Sep-14
Hello everyone,
Please help me in applying my BOWP online via CIC website. I have received my AOR today (under CEC Class). My current closed WP is expiring on 4th July 2014. Could you please share what needs to be filled in the following while filling the BOWP online.

1. How long are you planning to stay in Canada? (Temporarliy-less than 6 months/Temporarily- more than 6 months/Permanently) - What should be ideally selected here, does saying permanently increases the chance of rejection?

2. Does one of the following apply to you?
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval). (Yes/No) - Does having an AOR means first stage approval has been received?

3. Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? (Yes/No)
- What should be selected here if I have only received the AOR number? Is approval for permanent residence different than AOR?

4. Do you have a written job offer? (Yes/No) - What should be selected here if I am currently working under a closed Work Permit?

After initial assessment, it says that the following documents needs to be submitted for OWP:
1. Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)
2. Passport or Travel document
3. Digital Photo

Is this correct? Does everyone who got their OWP had to submit only these three?
Request you to please reply on my post, as it will really help me to proceed on the next step. Thanks in advance! :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
priyas614 said:
Hello everyone,
Please help me in applying my BOWP online via CIC website. I have received my AOR today (under CEC Class). My current closed WP is expiring on 4th July 2014. Could you please share what needs to be filled in the following while filling the BOWP online.

1. How long are you planning to stay in Canada? (Temporarliy-less than 6 months/Temporarily- more than 6 months/Permanently) - What should be ideally selected here, does saying permanently increases the chance of rejection?

Yup, more than 6 months / permanently is fine.

2. Does one of the following apply to you?
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval). (Yes/No) - Does having an AOR means first stage approval has been received?

Yes.

3. Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? (Yes/No)
- What should be selected here if I have only received the AOR number? Is approval for permanent residence different than AOR?

Yes.

4. Do you have a written job offer? (Yes/No) - What should be selected here if I am currently working under a closed Work Permit?

No.

After initial assessment, it says that the following documents needs to be submitted for OWP:
1. Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)
2. Passport or Travel document
3. Digital Photo

Is this correct? Does everyone who got their OWP had to submit only these three?
Request you to please reply on my post, as it will really help me to proceed on the next step. Thanks in advance! :)

Looks good!

See comments in red above.

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
CEC Applied: Nov 20 2013..
AOR: Jan 7th 2014.
Bowp Applied: Feb 14 2014.
Approved: Mar 7th 2014.(haven't received WP but i can see that messages in my CIC).

I have got medical request for the work permit.

priyas614

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
09-Mar-14
File Transfer...
09-Mar-14
Med's Request
23-Aug-14
Med's Done....
05-Sep-14
iam_toby said:
See comments in red above.
Thanks a lot toby! This really helped.

vivekrb

Jul 28, 2010
Received BWOP approval for me and my wife today. Haven't gotten the actual permits yet, but saw this in the CIC messages.

BWOP Applied - Feb 16
BWOP Approved - March 11

I applied for the CEC in September 2013 and received the AOR in Nov.

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Looks like the average processing time is actually higher than 19 days at the moment.

:(

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
hi guys i am going to apply for BOWP I have some questions
1 do i need any letter from my employer
2 i only have AOR no MR yet
3 for how long i'll get the work permit for

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
richi jolly said:
hi guys i am going to apply for BOWP I have some questions
1 do i need any letter from my employer - No
2 i only have AOR no MR yet - AOR is good. Attach the AOR along with your application
3 for how long i'll get the work permit for - the website says 19 days. I applied last week and waiting.
Pls find the response in red. Good luck.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
2014aplicante said:
I sent my application last week and I can't check the status in CIC website. Is it available only for who applied online?
This is only for online applications.

Your paper application is basically just an envelope in a stack until they open it and start processing it.

Acestar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2013
AOR Received.
12-2-2014
Med's Request
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
Well I received my BOWP recently after roughly 25 days. I am trying to apply for the Temporary resident visa online but any idea on what should I enter under details of employer or person visiting since I am looking for a new job ?