+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

dubakoor

Dec 16, 2013
I totally understand the confidentiality with regards to the cover letter.

Will reach out to KPMG and see if they can help me out with my case. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Is everyone facing an average processing time of 20 days for online BOWP applications?

cupidsbutler

Dec 7, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 21, 2014
AOR Received.
February 25, 2014
Med's Request
August 11, 2014
Med's Done....
August 15, 2014
anveshaluwala said:
Hi,

Yes you can apply for online application and you will be following some steps and last step will be payment option and unless you do the payment your application will not be submitted..And you can ask for refund which takes 8 weeks to get them back..Here is the link for refund..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4

Cheers,
AA

Thanks anveshaluwala! Appreciate the link!

anveshaluwala

Jul 23, 2012
manjulakoteswararao said:
Hi .. did u stay in Canada after applying BOWP? can u reply to my mail id manjulakoteswararao @ gmail.com .. appreciate ur help and suggestion
Hi,

CEC applied: Nov 25th 2013
Visa expiring:Jan 5th 2014
BOWP applied: Jan 3rd 2014 without AOR (paper based application)
CC charged: Jan 8th 2014
AOR received:Jan 10th 2014
Finally BOWP received : Feb 14th 2014..

Yes me and my wife stayed here in canada after applying for BOWP, which is legal and the status is "IMPLIED STATUS"..After applying we can stay till the decision is made..If the decision is approved then you are lucky enough to stay back,but if its rejected u have to leave the country within 2 weeks..I tried sending you an personal email but your mail address is incorrect..good luck

Cheers,

Anvesh Aluwala

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hi,

I've received an email yesterday from CIC saying that my application status has been updated.
I went online today and my application is approved, yay! ;)

I've applied on Feb 8th for a BOWP for myself, for an open work permit for my wife and for a visitor record for my daughter.
Both are approved and the status of the application is closed now.
I'll update you when I'll receive them in mail.

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
I've received our new Work Permits and the Visitor Record for my daughter via mail today! :D

Applied online on: 8 Feb, 2014 (BOWP for myself, OWP for my wife and a new Visitor Record for my daughter)
Get it Approved on: 27 Feb, 2014 (received an email from CIC, 19 Days including weekends)
Received via mail: 4 March 2014

:)

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
horvathc said:
I've received our new Work Permits and the Visitor Record for my daughter via mail today! :D

Applied online on: 8 Feb, 2014 (BOWP for myself, OWP for my wife and a new Visitor Record for my daughter)
Get it Approved on: 27 Feb, 2014 (received an email from CIC, 19 Days including weekends)
Received via mail: 4 March 2014

:)
Congratulations buddy :) can you share how you could fit all the docs if you applied online ? i mean did you have to attach a new sheet for employment history ? letter of explanation ? Thank you in advance

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
medabor said:
Congratulations buddy :) can you share how you could fit all the docs if you applied online ? i mean did you have to attach a new sheet for employment history ? letter of explanation ? Thank you in advance
Thanks! :D

This is what I filled and uploaded:

For myself, as an applicant:
IMM5710 form,
Marriage license / certificate (scanned in pdf),
Family member proof of status (I've scanned my wife's current Work Permit and my daughter's current Visitor Record in one pdf file),
Passport or travel document (I've scanned my passport - all pages - and my WP together in one pdf file)
Digital photo (scanned the same photo I sent with my PR package into JPEG and uploaded)
Use of a family member Representative for online applications - IMM5713 (because of my wife and my daughter)
Explanation letter (Explanation letter and AOR scanned in one pdf file)

For my wife:
IMM5710 form,
Passport or travel document (I've scanned her passport - all pages - and her WP together in one pdf file)
Explanation letter (Explanation letter and AOR scanned in one pdf file - same as for myself, but I've uploaded in here too)

For my daughter:
Passport or travel document (I've scanned her passport - all pages - and her Visitor Record together in one pdf file)
Explanation letter (Explanation letter and AOR scanned in one pdf file - same as for myself, but I've uploaded in here too)

The Explanation letter was the same for all of us, I just mentioned three of us in it, but I've uploaded it everywhere.

Then I paid online and just waited for the approval. :)

I hope it helps. ;-)

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
horvathc said:
Thanks! :D

This is what I filled and uploaded:

For myself, as an applicant:
IMM5710 form,
Marriage license / certificate (scanned in pdf),
Family member proof of status (I've scanned my wife's current Work Permit and my daughter's current Visitor Record in one pdf file),
Passport or travel document (I've scanned my passport - all pages - and my WP together in one pdf file)
Digital photo (scanned the same photo I sent with my PR package into JPEG and uploaded)
Use of a family member Representative for online applications - IMM5713 (because of my wife and my daughter)
Explanation letter (Explanation letter and AOR scanned in one pdf file)

For my wife:
IMM5710 form,
Passport or travel document (I've scanned her passport - all pages - and her WP together in one pdf file)

For my daughter:
Passport or travel document (I've scanned her passport - all pages - and her Visitor Record together in one pdf file)

The Explanation letter was the same for all of us, I just mentioned three of us in it, but I've uploaded it everywhere.

Then I paid online and just waited for the approval. :)

I hope it helps. ;-)
Man I really do appreciate taking the time to type all this :) i undestand that you could upload more than 1 file coz somebody told me that i can't upload more ! Thank you and bestest of luck :)

PP323

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
Hi Guys,

Congratulations to all applicants getting BOWP so quickly.

I have a question out of curiosity that I already got BOWP and I applied for work Permit VISA for re-entering to Canada as I was planning for a vacation. When I got VISA, I was surprised to see that the expiry date is in year 2018 :)

Does anyone know if I can really use this VISA to get another workpermit once my current BOWP expires?
However I am not expecting my PR to take that long.

Thanks

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Today I got an email stating my BOWP application had been updated, when I logged into my MyCIC account it again said my application had been updated, I clicked on my application to check/read messages and the status was just the same?

I don't get it?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lufc_cal said:
Today I got an email stating my BOWP application had been updated, when I logged into my MyCIC account it again said my application had been updated, I clicked on my application to check/read messages and the status was just the same?

I don't get it?
You won't get a message in your MyCIC account. Only the status of your application changes to 'approved' or something.
Also, I got that email a couple of times before my application got approved, but there were no updates made to my application.

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
iam_toby said:
You won't get a message in your MyCIC account. Only the status of your application changes to 'approved' or something.
Also, I got that email a couple of times before my application got approved, but there were no updates made to my application.
What a tease!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lufc_cal said:
What a tease!
Yeh, been there. I got at least 4 or 5 of those emails. But funny enough I didn't get one when they
actually approved my application. So keep checking your MyCIC account.

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
iam_toby said:
Yeh, been there. I got at least 4 or 5 of those emails. But funny enough I didn't get one when they
actually approved my application. So keep checking your MyCIC account.
How long was your online application, out of interest?