+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Guys you are just predicting the future and try to invent the wheels.....
JUST WAIT and do not try to be David Co , no need to explanations more than 2-3 lines
this a forum not a news paper

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys!! A small question, what happens if sen omidvar introduce an amendment to the bill, they will will vote on the bill considering the amendment or they will send it back to HOC to vote on the newly introduced amendment?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Divine Favour said:
u guys need to take a chill pill. we are all waiting for the same result. no need to bicker. I see the stress is getting to all of us. RELAX, BE POSITIVE, HOPE FOR THE BEST.
Exactly, everyday there are so many questions about 'When do you think it will pass/implement' - nobody here knows ! If anybody makes any statement about it will pass 'in may' ' before Canada day', it's just nothing more than wishful thinking - what difference does it make if someone tells you it will pass tomorrow? It is not true until the official announcement is made by the government, and nobody knows when that will be.

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
useful links:

how bill becomes law

sencanada.ca/en/about/how-bill-becomes-law

Senate live debates link ( @ 13:30 will start debate about C 6, it is audio only)

senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/View/UpcomingEvents?device=isChrome

Cheers

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Lets wait until 13:30

lets just post facts .... then everyone can understand it on its best way...

Good Luck to all

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Today tweet from Sen Omidvar

Sen. Ratna Omidvar‏Verified account @ratnaomi 2h2 hours ago

Today the amendment to C6 to insert due process into revocation of citizenship gets tabled in the Senate

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
subha_1962 said:

Today the amendment to C6 to insert due process into revocation of citizenship gets tabled in the Senate
Thank you very much for this!

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
subha_1962 said:

Sen. Omidvar has been doing her best to push this bill forward in a positive way and brings us so much confidence. She is the most respectable senator.

reasonabledude

Nov 20, 2016
sistemc said:
I was always courious what the "intent to reside" actually is. Is it something tangible or just the abstract state of someones mind? Do you show it by buying down winter jacket instead of bermuda shorts?
It is a tool that can be used anytime against you if they want which is our concern here. I won't forget what Chris Alexander said in a committee meeting which made me very angry and wondering how such a guy can be a minister in Canada! it is only 10 min specially after min 8 when he was asked about the interpretation of next ministers about the wording of this part and his answers made no sense to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=uMoa1vbxRWk

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
subha_1962 said:

Thanks

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
subha_1962 said:

Thanks........

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
For all those people that are so eager about 3/5 rule and complain that this amendment will delay the process, here are my thoughts:

1. Up until now this planned amendment by Omidvar was responsible for exactly 0.000 seconds of delays. You are all freaking out about the possibility that maybe (!) the amendment will delay the bill significantly from now on and then criticize Omidvar for it. So you are construing a hypothetical situation to then complain about it. How about we all make less speculations?

2. In fact the problems the Conservative Senators have with this bill aren't about the amendment regarding appeals process. The problems they have are 99% about the citizenship revocation for terrorists part. So what makes you think that the amendment will make this bill more likely to fail?

3. I get that we are all excited for the 3/5 rule, myself included. But if this bill passes without the amendment, sure, you will get the 3/5 rule maybe some weeks earlier. But instead, your citizenship that you got oh-so-much-faster-thanks-to-no-amendment could be taken away by a CIC officer at any time because he thinks a random mistake you made in your PR or citizenship application is a misrepresentation. You would have no chance. Not a single change. No. Chance. At. All. to challenge this decision by the CIC officer. You just have to accept it. There is plenty of stories about unfair decisions in the newspaper, including people who got their citizenship taken away after living in Canada for decades, simply because their parents misrepresented something in their application when they themselves were 6 months old. These people have no right to appeal as of now. How can you not care about that?
What good is it to get citizenship some weeks earlier (and that is the kind of delay this amendment will maybe (!) cause) but then it can be taken away from you without due process.
You will be waiting for 3/5 rule for some more weeks or months, but you will be a citizen for the rest of your life. So in fact this amendment will affect you and protect you for years to come.
So maybe you should give Omidvar some credit for that.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
I suggest everyone to listen to yesterday's Senator Omidvar comments between 15:05 and 15:12
Senator Omidvar compared how long it took for C-24 to pass compared to C-6 and asked the Senators to stop delaying.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spyfy said:
For all those people that are so eager about 3/5 rule and complain that this amendment will delay the process, here are my thoughts:

1. Up until now this planned amendment by Omidvar was responsible for exactly 0.000 seconds of delays. You are all freaking out about the possibility that maybe (!) the amendment will delay the bill significantly from now on and then criticize Omidvar for it. So you are construing a hypothetical situation to then complain about it. How about we all make less speculations?

2. In fact the problems the Conservative Senators have with this bill aren't about the amendment regarding appeals process. The problems they have are 99% about the citizenship revocation for terrorists part. So what makes you think that the amendment will make this bill more likely to fail?

3. I get that we are all excited for the 3/5 rule, myself included. But if this bill passes without the amendment, sure, you will get the 3/5 rule maybe some weeks earlier. But instead, your citizenship that you got oh-so-much-faster-thanks-to-no-amendment could be taken away by a CIC officer at any time because he thinks a random mistake you made in your PR or citizenship application is a misrepresentation. You would have no chance. Not a single change. No. Chance. At. All. to challenge this decision by the CIC officer. You just have to accept it. There is plenty of stories about unfair decisions in the newspaper, including people who got their citizenship taken away after living in Canada for decades, simply because their parents misrepresented something in their application when they themselves were 6 months old. These people have no right to appeal as of now. How can you not care about that?
What good is it to get citizenship some weeks earlier (and that is the kind of delay this amendment will maybe (!) cause) but then it can be taken away from you without due process.
You will be waiting for 3/5 rule for some more weeks or months, but you will be a citizen for the rest of your life. So in fact this amendment will affect you and protect you for years to come.
absolutely! The amendment is worth waiting for.

JasFer

Mar 6, 2017
spyfy said:

Very well said !