civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
un_jour_de_reve said:
I am not Lawyer, but for my understanding, everyone is applying under the old (as of today) citizenship act 5. (1). So it should be "dealt with and disposed of in accord­ance with (a) the provisions of that Act as they read immediately before that day". My understanding "as they read immediately before that day" mean old act. Correct me if I am wrong
how do you define "applying". Applications must be received today, or signed today, or shipped out today?

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Guys for god sake .. Forget about Persian/Arab Gulf discussion for now... and lets focus on the Bill itself.
You were the only person who was asking everyone to calm down so wait and see bro. Nothing will happen worst case scenario you can apply next year. Relax.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
conservativesAreJerks said:
Section 5, clause 3 refers to citizenship days requirements. Technically that would be 5.0(3) (I think). I don't see it listed there, so it doesn't come into force upon Royal Assent. It comes into effect on a date to be decided by the incompetent government.
This document (http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/LegislativeSummaries/41/2/c24-e.pdf) states that most of the provisions of C-24 will take effect on "a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council". Section 2.9.3.2 specifically identifies these "subsequent" changes as including "new requirements for naturalization and revocation". So, the date when applications for citizenship will have to conform to the new law is still unknown, and may not even be this year.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
conservativesAreJerks said:
Exactly what I said.
Yes it is, and exactly what I wrote before, too. However, people keep asking over & over and implying that they're out of luck because they can't apply until (say) next week!

un_jour_de_reve

Jun 19, 2014
civic said:
how do you define "applying". Applications must be received today, or signed today, or shipped out today?
It isn't how do I define applying, it is how CIC define applying. I only can guess it could be the day when CIC open your application. As they returned a lot people's applications in Feb for the $400 issue. Even the one that they received end of Jan but opened after Feb 6 was returned too.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alphazip said:
Yes it is, and exactly what I wrote before, too. However, people keep asking over & over and implying that they're out of luck because they can't apply until (say) next week!
The reason people are skeptical because, the speed of the bill to become law was very fast. A lot of people here doubted that the bill will pass before June 27th.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
lawabiden said:
You were the only person who was asking everyone to calm down so wait and see bro. Nothing will happen worst case scenario you can apply next year. Relax.
Man what I meant that this topic is irrelevant .. you got me wrong .. and I am with you the proper name is the Persian Gulf.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
un_jour_de_reve said:
It isn't how do I define applying, it is how CIC define applying. I only can guess it could be the day when CIC open your application. As they return a lot people's application in Feb for the $400 issue. Even the one that they received end of Jan but opened after Feb 6 were returned too.
Ok I really want to clarify this for everyone,,, In government, it is the date that they receive application .... Not the date you signed it, not the date you send it, it is the date they receive it, or the date they process it, IT IS THE DATE THEY ACTUALLY RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE... All the mails are received, they get a red stamp of the that date by the receptionist and then they will get distributed to the appropriate department.

I know this for fact!

fadu4u

Jun 19, 2014
I have few questions regarding Bill C-24 if anyone can answer me I will really appreciate it.

I'm studying in Canada since 2010 and dad applied for federal investor category program in 2009, due to back-log of applications, we got our call in February 2014, I just heard all the applications after feb 11 are terminated. We got lucky.

I'm a landed immigrant now.

will this new bill will be applicable on us? which means we have to stay 4 years out of 6 years? and what about the student time (Maximum of 1 year towards citizenship) Canadian Immigration used to count in old law?

and the bill is passed from house of commons and senate and received Royal Assent.
What does Royal Assent really means? is it law yet? or still waiting for final hearing?

and what is intent to reside law means? does it mean people who got their citizenship and moved back to some place else will loose their Citizenship status?