+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

hussinhamid

May 30, 2014
my application since 6.00 Am ( almost 15 hrs ) this morning in transit from Halifax to its destination and up to now there is no new state , I am a pessimist and I believe that the game is over and the cic will never accept any new application after the c-24 received the royal assent , this is my feeling

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hussinhamid said:
my application since 6.00 Am ( almost 15 hrs ) this morning in transit from Halifax to its destination and up to now there is no new state , I am a pessimist and I believe that the game is over and the cic will never accept any new application after the c-24 received the royal assent , this is my feeling
Same bitter situation. The answer will be clear tomorrow.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Unlike some other people in here, I don't believe I owe anyone an apology for predicting wrong.

I also do not believe that anyone who predicted correctly in here had any inside knowledge. Why exactly does that have to be the case? There were only two possible outcomes so you had a 50% chance of being correct just by random guessing (i.e. tossing a coin).

Unless he was inside the Prime Minister's head, DeserLion did not have any inside knowledge when he predicted correctly. He just "tossed a coin" so to speak and luck favored him.

But yea people in this forum are desperate for information that isn't out yet so they're inclined to believe that those who guess correctly must know something for real. Grow up people.

It kinda reminds me of the first few years of the US Diversity Visa Lottery in the mid-2000s. Abuse from unscrupulous lawyers and agents was rampant at that time, with very little government information to counter that. They prayed on desperate people who wanted to be selected by the lottery. I remember there were 'agents' who claimed to have "special connections" to the US Government and could influence the outcome of the selection and get you to 'win' the lottery for a small fee (in the order of thousands of dollars).

This was all bogus of course as people later learned when the US Government became more vocal about announcing that nobody had any special connections to them and that the selection of entries from the Lottery entrant pool was strictly random and was done by a computer program. There is no human being working the US Government who can help you get selected. It's out of their hands.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
That being said, I am as stunned as sicko86.

Major bill in a major western country passed the Senate in three days. He's right: if you had a high school project it would take you longer than that :eek: :eek: :eek: ......

If you did not believe this country was one big joke, you believe it now!

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Desert Lion said:
I have to acknowledge that, the Canadian governments were so generous and very flexible with giving their citizenship to new immigrants who unfortunately misused or abused this generosity, many cheated the system, many falsified their documents, many used canada as a big hotel, they come and take citizenship and leave canada for permanent jobs in the Arab gulf, those people were very selfish and they led the current government to toughen the citizenship, while I do understand their intentions, I feel sad as bad people blocked us by making the government toughen its roles
I agree, place the blame for the tightening up of the rules where it is deserved; on those that abused the system in the past.

Now we wait to see which of the new rules will affect us individually.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hussinhamid said:
You should have used PUROLATOR. For $27 they deliver within 24 hours.. I sent my application yesterday around 12pm and CIC received today at 12.30pm noon..

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
shaazdeh said:
Is it official that Royal Assent would be tomorrow or again we are just guessing?
Man Royal Assent is received already ...

From Chris Alexander Twitter (3 Hours ago):

Chris AlexanderVerified account
‏@MinChrisA
Extremely proud that Bill C-24, Strengthening Canadian Citizenship, received Royal Assent today.

https://twitter.com/MinChrisA/status/479745417148514304

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
marcus66502 said:
That being said, I am as stunned as sicko86.

Major bill in a major western country passed the Senate in three days. He's right: if you had a high school project it would take you longer than that :eek: :eek: :eek: ......

If you did not believe this country was one big joke, you believe it now!
Thats the problem when you have a Majority ... Members of the House of Common and Senates acts as one block .. one person.

I can't understand this .. aren't there different opinions within the party itself ... Some of the Bills clauses I personally think should be there .. even if it will affect me personally .. Like increasing Residency Requirement make sense .. I don't think 3 years time will be enough to bound you to a country .. Intent to reside make sense if it was "worded differently" as well.

However, there are clauses and wording in the Bill that are controversial and could cause problems in the future .. they should have put more time and efforts in writing it.

Basically .. a major bill like that was drafted by a committee initially appointed by Chris Alexander ..and just passed as is .. with no amendments .. just because the conservatives have majority and they want to rush into it and they act as "one man call" .. they can't do that just because they want to implement it fast .. they should have listened to other people in the community and other opinions.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Man Royal Assent is received already ...

From Chris Alexander Twitter (3 Hours ago):

Chris AlexanderVerified account
‏ @ MinChrisA
Extremely proud that Bill C-24, Strengthening Canadian Citizenship, received Royal Assent today.

https://twitter.com/MinChrisA/status/479745417148514304
Oh wow! I had this understanding that when the bill receives Royal Assent, the implementation date will be set...... So why they dont announce a date yet! They love killing us slowly lol

hussinhamid

May 30, 2014
Hi rayman_m

I have sent it through Canada post /Xpresspost since 17 june and the cost almost $28, moreover , I met the requirement since 6 june but I decided to add buffer of 9 days

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From tomorrow all new applicants should keep eye on CIC website. Whatever changes/announcement will take place in citizenship applications will be there. Cut off date CIC will allow applications under present law and possible changes in new application form and new guidelines.. So, CIC website is the key source for all of new applicants from now on..

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
shaazdeh said:
Oh wow! I had this understanding that when the bill receives Royal Assent, the implementation date will be set...... So why they dont announce a date yet! They love killing us slowly lol
We can't do anything now .. just wait and see when it will come into force.