N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
December_Applicant said:
These people eat the country that feeds it. You give them the hand and they want your arm. It takes 5 years to become a citizen in the USA and in Switzerland you have to wait 13 years. Canada is all good and still you complain ??? :mad:
I don't entirely agree with you. SOME people are definitely ungrateful! Not everyone. That said, I find the premise of filing a lawsuit because you don't agree with a democratically passed law, the height of insanity and one of the most outlandish and ridiculous things I have ever heard. In essence, an immigrant has no right to demand things that suit his/her fancy.

A country has every right to establish laws as they please, as long as those laws were instituted by the citizens of said country, through their democratically elected representatives. So at present the 4/6 law is the absolute law of the land. Now, does that mean I'm happy that this law was implemented? Certainly not! But since it is the law of the land at the current point in time, I accept it wholeheartedly until it is changed once again through the democratic process, which I am confident the current administration will eventually do.

Now, where I disagree with you is the comparison with the United States. Yes, the US has a 5-year waiting period, but once they do accept your application there is 100% accountability. The laws are 100% crystal clear! They HAVE TO adjudicate your application within a reasonable time-frame. If they don't SERIOUS action can be taken against them. Yes, there are the very very very rare exceptions, like people who are on terrorist watch lists and so on. But even in these circumstances they have to give you detailed info on why your app is "stuck" in the process. They can't just "sit" on your application for years on end like a 3rd world country and simply ignore it based on their whims and fancies because they "feel" like you've not met your residency obligations, indefinitely delaying people's applications at random. This is where lawsuits come into play. There should not only be lawsuits in these cases, but they should be bombarded with lawsuits! FYI, over 98% of people who apply for US citizenship get their applications adjudicated in 5 to 8 months max.

In Canada, there are thousands of people who are waiting years and years on end after they've submitted their application with ZERO accountability from the CIC. They have nowhere to go and no one to ask what is happening to their files. I've even read posts here that they've contacted their MP's and they've told them there is nothing that they can do because they were requested to submit an "RQ". This is what is truly pathetic. If they want to ensure people meet their residency requirements, then it is up to them to maintain STRICT records of entry and exit (like the US does) to ensure compliance. Don't simply drag random innocent people simply to make a point ::)

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
747-captain said:
In Canada, there are thousands of people who are waiting years and years on end after they've submitted their application with ZERO accountability from the CIC. They have nowhere to go and no one to ask what is happening to their files. I've even read posts here that they've contacted their MP's and they've told them there is nothing that they can do because they were requested to submit an "RQ". This is what is truly pathetic. If they want to ensure people meet their residency requirements, then it is up to them to maintain STRICT records of entry and exit (like the US does) to ensure compliance. Don't simply drag random innocent people simply to make a point ::)

For those who say asking for replacement of 4/6 is some sort of unpatriotic and unreasonable, I want to say this:

I am perfectly okay with 4/6 rule.....but as long as I can be guaranteed that my case will be processed within 6 months(accept or reject) and that includes RQ and CIT0520s or whatever the heck CIC issues me. Problem is 4 year means 5 or 6 or even 7 years for some cases. This is ridiculous. If CIC issue me a RQ which I reply and then they themselves forget the RQ on some beaureaucrat' desk for months if not years. That is messed up.

Those trying to make me feel some sort of unpatriotic for asking for 3/5 rule, I would say I have my own above reasons. So, F off.