+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
More precisely this is the statement on my calculator:

According to the information you provided and assuming nothing else changes, you will accumulate 1,095 days of physical presence on 2014-06-30.

So if cic gets my application on June 30...should it be ok?

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
More precisely this is the statement on my calculator:

According to the information you provided and assuming nothing else changes, you will accumulate 1,095 days of physical presence on 2014-06-30.

So if cic gets my application on June 30...should it be ok?
No. You should sign it on the next day July 1st and send it, at least according to the instructions.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharif11 said:
No. You should sign it on the next day July 1st and send it, at least according to the instructions.
I will pay extra for courier. Can't trust Canada Post on time sensitive things like this.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If submitting the application in person is not an option, will need to travel to Sydney and mailed it from there using FedEx am delivery (within hours service)

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Sharif11 said:
If submitting the application in person is not an option, will need to travel to Sydney and mailed it from there using FedEx am delivery (within hours service)
But if the application should be received by July 1st, then it will not work as we are assuming here that from July 1st the new law could be applicable...:( :'(

Europe26

Nov 1, 2012
Senate Committee scheduled their first meeting for June 10th.

http:/ /www .parl.gc.ca/SenCommitteeBusiness/Notice.aspx?parl=41&ses=2&comm_id=47&Language=E&meeting_id=15291

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
But if the application should be received by July 1st, then it will not work as we are assuming here that from July 1st the new law could be applicable...:( :'(
If you submit the same day, your application will be returned to you.

Elaph

May 27, 2014
June 9, 2014
2:00 PM
Official Languages

Study on the impacts of recent changes to the immigration system
Witnesses to follow (Association canadienne-française de l'Alberta)
Rénald Gilbert, Immigration Program Manager (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
Jean Léger, Executive Director (Réseau de développement économique et d'employabilité)
Yves Saint-Germain, Director; Information, Language and Community Program Policy (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)

Room 9, Victoria Building 140 Wellington Street Link to the notice of this meeting Link to ParlVu for this meeting [Subject to change]
Top of page

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Sharif11 said:
If you submit the same day, your application will be returned to you.
Sharif11,
Can you please give the reference to this information. In the calculator I put June 30 as date of sign and the outcome was that I meet the 1095 physical days requirement. Also on the application form, following is the statement:

Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign this application.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elaph said:
June 9, 2014
2:00 PM
Official Languages

Study on the impacts of recent changes to the immigration system
Witnesses to follow (Association canadienne-française de l'Alberta)
Rénald Gilbert, Immigration Program Manager (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
Jean Léger, Executive Director (Réseau de développement économique et d'employabilité)
Yves Saint-Germain, Director; Information, Language and Community Program Policy (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)

Room 9, Victoria Building 140 Wellington Street Link to the notice of this meeting Link to ParlVu for this meeting [Subject to change]
Top of page
This meeting, along with ones on 10th and 11th, are for Senate Committee right? Do we have schedule for Senate Readings? How come the committee's studies will happen before any reading?

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
Sharif11,
Can you please give the reference to this information. In the calculator I put June 30 as date of sign and the outcome was that I meet the 1095 physical days requirement. Also on the application form, following is the statement:

Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign this application.
That is what I meant. If you are eligible today, sign it tomorrow and mail it.

Elaph

May 27, 2014
Coming Into Force
46. (1) Subsection 7(3), section 11, subsections 12(1) and (3), section 13, subsection16(2) and sections 20, 22, 27 and 41 come into force on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.
(2) Subsections 2(2), (3), (5), (6), (8), (11), (15) and (17) to (19), 3(1), (2), (4) to (6) and (8) and 4(2), (3), (5), (6), (8), (10) and (11), section 6, subsections 7(1) and (2), section 8, subsections 9(1), (2) and (4), section 10, subsection 12(2), sections 14 and 15, subsections
16(1) and (3), sections 17 to 19, 21 and 23, subsections 24(2) to (6) and sections 25, 28 to 30, 42 and 43 come into force on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council that is made not earlier than one day after the day on which an order is made under subsection (1).
(3) Subsection 24(1) and section 26 come into force on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.
(4) Subsections 2(4), (7), (9), (10), (12), (14) and (16) and 4(1), (4), (7) and (9) are deemed to have come into force on April 17, 2009.

The information on this page is current as of May 28, 2014

Elaph

May 27, 2014
A distinction must first be made between a bill and an Act. A bill which has been passed by the Senate and the House of Commons remains a bill until it receives Royal Assent. Thus a bill becomes an Act when it is assented to, although this does not mean that the legislation comes into force automatically. Acts may come into force in various ways and each Act must be examined to determine which commencement mechanism applies.

citizenshiper

Jun 4, 2014
first of all, what is Sep 21? the effective date?

second, i lack just <5 days by end of june. with many out-of-canada days as work travels. If go with the new law in July, I will lose all the pre-PR days, and will have to wait for 2+years. God knows what else will happen by then.

Also, how are you so sure that RQ will increase under the new law? didn't they propose the 1 decision maker system?

rayman_m said:
If sadly you miss this 21 sept timeline, you will then will be on 21 sept, 2105 under the new law and probably CIC will process within 6 month which means you will be citizen within 1.5 years. Applying less then 1095 days just to catch the new law, CIC will take this note and might even put you in few years of RQ system.. But, hope for best, I still think you might be able to apply in Sept. as the bill may be passed before summer with 2-3 month grace period might be there...