London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Observer said:
Senate acts faster than HoC. Majority are Cons.
That should read "Large Majority"...

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sadly, everything looks like happening overnight deals.. Adopted by the Committee on June 3, 2014; Presented to the House on June 4, 2014 which means within 24 hours they presented report. It appears Harper's close allies committee members has not even seen the bill just received the bill in one hand and presented report in other hand within few hours...

Initially minister informed bill will likely come to law by end of this year but it looks they changed their mind and running the bulldozer on this bill to come in effect pretty soon..

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
Ok this makes sense :-[ At least I can sleep tonight and wait for tomorrow.
I am counting down to my day and cross off my calendar everyday now like a retard ???
Ask me :mad: :mad:. I think you will be surprised what is my date to file the application

"Happy Canada Day" :-\ :-\ :-\

I have checked my calculation 100 times now.

One day will make a big difference in my life. :eek: :eek:

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the only way now is to meet the Senators in your area which are in the Senate committee.

Again, I am assuming Senators don't have political pressure on their head as big as MP. Even though they are appointed by head of political parties still they come from fairly decent educational and social background. They might be able to halt the speed of the passing of this bill and who know may force some changes also.

Also, as somebody else said on the forum, unless there is enough media attention on this issue nothing is moving.

Guys, please forgive my optimism. :'( :'(

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
on-hold said:
So you want the rest of us to make a very, very, very loud objection using the media, famous Canadians, a powerful protest, and then tell you about it?
Really , if all y concluded from my post lead you to attack me , well no wonder nothing will change , I am proud to say from where I come from we changed and replaced not a bill but presidents and wrote new history. So y might be surprised on what ALL of us can do if WE ALL worked together !!!!

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked again the Senate's reading of various bills. Technically, they can make it in 3 days - 3 readings.
However, as a matter of practice this happens very rarely.
Therefore, let's see what they can do before the summer break which starts June 27 for Senate.

So far:
HoC has 11 sitting days left.
Senate - 14 sitting days left.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't want to be pessimistic... but have you guys seen the polls regarding the support for the measures of this bill? There's a large support due to misinformation. I tried to ask some Canadian-born colleagues and friends, and they think the bill is a very good thing and it strenghtens the value of their citizenship....

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admontreal said:
I don't want to be pessimistic... but have you guys seen the polls regarding the support for the measures of this bill? There's a large support due to misinformation. I tried to ask some Canadian-born colleagues and friends, and they think the bill is a very good thing and it strenghtens the value of their citizenship....
I agree with you and those Canadian-born supporting the bill.
The bill is really strengthening the citizenship's value.
However, when it comes to myself who now has to wait another year, I just don't like this particular provision extending 3 year wait period for PRs for another year.

citizenshiper

Jun 4, 2014
any one agrees with my earlier comment -- that it is better to apply now even in lack of a few days (suppose that you meet the basic residency), than waiting for another two year? i say even the RQ in the new sys would take less than that

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshiper said:
any one agrees with my earlier comment -- that it is better to apply now even in lack of a few days (suppose that you meet the basic residency), than waiting for another two year? i say even the RQ in the new sys would take less than that
Respectfully disagree.
Waste of time and money.

Observer

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, it is not advisable to apply prior to the 1,095 days even if you are caught on the new law.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshiper said:
If sadly you miss this 21 sept timeline, you will then will be on 21 sept, 2105 under the new law and probably CIC will process within 6 month which means you will be citizen within 1.5 years. Applying less then 1095 days just to catch the new law, CIC will take this note and might even put you in few years of RQ system.. But, hope for best, I still think you might be able to apply in Sept. as the bill may be passed before summer with 2-3 month grace period might be there...