+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I agree with Rayman.

Someone I know for example applied in Sep 2011 and just had their oath in early June 2014 - loooooooong wait and someone caught up in the 2011-2012 RQ drama.

For those applying under new law, and afterwards, since the process will be more streamlined, they may get it at the same time as someone who applied much earlier but got stuck in Hurricane RQ.

Gradually with time, when the backlog is cleared, like 2016 and later, and with the whole PR and immigration intake process also changing with Express of Interest etc, I think it will become far quicker and much more streamlined. People will likely get citizenship grants in a year then...

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Mine 1095 days are completing on June 30. What you guys have the opinion on this. If the law becomes effective from July 1st, is there a way that I can avoid the new law....:((..OR i am simply the most unlucky guy in the whole wide world...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Some of the changes in C-24 are similar to the UK system, including no citizenship judges.

It took my wife a grand total of 69 DAYS from the date of application to taking the oath for British Citizen.
This is what is possible with effective citizenship legislation...

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
My friends in the US applied for citizenship 90 days before becoming eligible and they became citizens after 90 days of application.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Zardoz,

now see put that way it gives the whole C-24 issue (iss-yoo as the Brits might say) a whole new angle. One actually perceives the same C-24 through a very diff lens with the 69 days figure serving to soothe instead of otherwise aggravating.

Albeit, there are still some 'issues" with certain sections/clauses. Which is a whole another matter.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dejaavu said:
My friends in the US applied for citizenship 90 days before becoming eligible and they became citizens after 90 days of application.
In an Australian citizenship forum I saw a 14 days end to end application. I couldn't believe it but I heard they have Service Level Agreements (SLA) even for the call centers, and a Chat with a citizenship agent functionality in their website coming soon....

Can you do better ? :D

Observer

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123, be ready with your application. Not sure if you can go in person to the CIC office in Sydney to apply in person on June 30th.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admontreal said:
In an Australian citizenship forum I saw a 14 days end to end application. I couldn't believe it but I heard they have Service Level Agreements (SLA) even for the call centers, and a Chat with a citizenship agent functionality in their website coming soon....

Can you do better ? :D
I agree Australia system seems to be most efficient. I once applied for Aussie visa and the process was extremely streamlined. They have call centers everywhere and their immigration website is very resourceful. Noone can't beat Australia on immigration.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Observer said:
skhan123, be ready with your application. Not sure if you can go in person to the CIC office in Sydney to apply in person on June 30th.
so it means that if CIC gets my application on June 30 (1095 days) then I will be ok? OR is it July 1st when my application should be received by CIC?

Thanks.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
so it means that if CIC gets my application on June 30 (1095 days) then I will be ok? OR is it July 1st when my application should be received by CIC?

Thanks.
should be the postmarked date. Since postal delivery is out of our control

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Observer said:
I don't think you can submit your application in person!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
On Feb. this year they ignored postmark and went by date received.

I should use next AM delivery by expensive courier then. Where you get this info from?

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
on-hold said:
On Feb. this year they ignored postmark and went by date received.
But if the 1095 days are on June 30 i.e. Monday and I courier it on Sunday or Saturday then they will receive it on June 30. everything should be good...
Wanted to confirm that if they get the application on 1095th day, it is ok. It is not the July 1st when they should get application???

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
But if the 1095 days are on June 30 i.e. Monday and I courier it on Sunday or Saturday then they will receive it on June 30. everything should be good...
Wanted to confirm that if they get the application on 1095th day, it is ok. It is not the July 1st when they should get application???
No you can not sign the application dated 30th June and courier it on 28 or 29th June. CIC will return your package. If new law says application received from 1st July will be treated under new law then you will not be accepted..