+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Hello,

My application is currently in processing,

I what way this C-24 will affect the application if it gets Royal Assesment now,

I mean "4 years increase" and "intend to reside" clause.

:mad:

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello,

I what way this C-24 will affect the application if it gets Royal Assesment now,

you don't have to worry.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
polarbear said:
Hello,

It is unfair if they apply it on any permanent resident who entered Canada before the date this Bill is effective,but cons will do!!! they do not care about any principles or ethics. Newzealand gave a transition period before they apply a similar law. They should give choices to new immigrants if they would like to proceed with immigration with the new rules. They should not change any rule mid-streams on PRs,it is a crime and can be considered as fraudulent action by itself!!!!. At the entry for the first time in Canada at the airport the immigration officer explain to everyone what does the physical presence of 1095 before citizenship application mean. Now everything changes on you without any respect to previous information they gave.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
If you guys read careful the sections covering the coming into force date, we see that all transitional provisions will come into force upon Royal Assent. This might include new residency requirements. The coming into force for a later date after Royal Assent are also listed and it doesn't include residency-related clauses. My first guess was wrong. The moment Royal Assent is granted, the new law will kick off, except stated exemptions.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/LegislativeSummaries/41/2/c24-e.pdf
I read this and my understanding is that the residency related clause will not kick off right after Royal Assent. They will set a date. However which date is still a mystery.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Today the CIMM 'report' became available:

41st Parliament, 2nd Session

The Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration has the honour to present its
THIRD REPORT
In accordance with its Order of Reference of Thursday, May 29, 2014, your Committee has considered Bill C-24, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts, and agreed on Tuesday, June 3, 2014, to report it without amendment.
A copy of the relevant Minutes of Proceedings (Meeting Nos. 30 and 31) is tabled.
Respectfully submitted,

DAVID TILSON
Chair

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tolerance said:
Today the CIMM 'report' became available:

41st Parliament, 2nd Session

The Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration has the honour to present its
THIRD REPORT
In accordance with its Order of Reference of Thursday, May 29, 2014, your Committee has considered Bill C-24, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts, and agreed on Tuesday, June 3, 2014, to report it without amendment.
A copy of the relevant Minutes of Proceedings (Meeting Nos. 30 and 31) is tabled.
Respectfully submitted,

DAVID TILSON
Chair
can you elaborate the meaning of this? So it went through CIMM and going back to HoC for third reading and votes?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
3rd reading and voting which is yet another travesty! Unless there is some debate and new "surprises". Wondering if they will debate.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eve Adams, Joe Daniel, Chungsen Leung, Costas Menegakis, Devinder Shory

These five guys of CIMM are crazy! What the point of sitting with them in a committee when all they do are like programmed works. They have no personal opinions. All they care is the paychecks from Cons. They voted No against all proposed amendments.

How the hell these 5 idiots got in the Committee in the first place while they dont know any sh!t about whats going on!!!
sorry i am so mad to read the script of CIMM meeting...

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=6641293&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=2

moe2014

Jun 4, 2014
ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE LAW TO EFFECTIVE ON THE DAY OF ROYAL ASSENT . SO I THINK ALL THE LEG PULLERS SHOULD STEP BACK AND STOP COMMENTING SOMETHING ABOUT THAT IS NOT TRUE.

I HAVE DONE ALL MY RESEARCH AND HAVE SPOKEN TO MANY MP'S THAT INCLUDES CONSERVATIVE MP'S AS WELL.

REGARDLESS OF THE ROYAL ASSENT DATE . EFFECTIVE DATE WILL BE DETERMINED ONLY BY GOVERNOR COUNCIL .

YOU ALL HAVE MY WORD .... AND ITS CERTAIN THAT THIS BILL WONT GO THROUGH THE FINAL STAGES BEFORE SUMMER BREAK.

PLEASE RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR SUMMER.. :) :) :) :) :)

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/magazine-24135021

Smart US government... if u want to be american and keep living outside.. it is ok.. but just keep contributing to the country and pay taxes
not like the cons government here.. who just hate immigrants and want to make them 2nd class citizens and prevent them from the right of mobility..

Maza

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moe2014 said:
ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE LAW TO EFFECTIVE ON THE DAY OF ROYAL ASSENT . SO I THINK ALL THE LEG PULLERS SHOULD STEP BACK AND STOP COMMENTING SOMETHING ABOUT THAT IS NOT TRUE.

I HAVE DONE ALL MY RESEARCH AND HAVE SPOKEN TO MANY MP'S THAT INCLUDES CONSERVATIVE MP'S AS WELL.

REGARDLESS OF THE ROYAL ASSENT DATE . EFFECTIVE DATE WILL BE DETERMINED ONLY BY GOVERNOR COUNCIL .

YOU ALL HAVE MY WORD .... AND ITS CERTAIN THAT THIS BILL WONT GO THROUGH THE FINAL STAGES BEFORE SUMMER BREAK.

PLEASE RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR SUMMER.. :) :) :) :) :)
Should we now shift our protest to Governor Council? Can s/he pick a random date for it or s/he has to listen to Harper?

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
civic said:
can you elaborate the meaning of this? So it went through CIMM and going back to HoC for third reading and votes?
I'm no expert, but it should be that when the committee presents its report back to the House, the committee stage is done. That would mean third reading should soon appear in the HoC projected order of business.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tolerance said:
I'm no expert, but it should be that when the committee presents its report back to the House, the committee stage is done. That would mean third reading should soon appear in the HoC projected order of business.
Can you explain how members of committee are selected?!? What kind of democracy is this OMG. I am so upset

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
It is appearnt that they want this bill passed asap.. :-\

But no worries.. we will keep fighting it and ask the new government to amed the new law..

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Governor Council has to pick a date after Royal Assent and it cannot be effective immediately because they have to prepare to set up their system. They cannot say we already have the system ready because in a democratic system, u are not supposed to know what will pass until it actually passes. But how long after Royal Assent, I don't know but I am confident it won't be less than one month.