+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
She really said almost everything, but cons are turning the deaf ear. Unfortunately, this country is heading towards a fault line.

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
I am thinking of using social media- twitter, Facebook to promote all naturalized citizens to vote against Conservatives- please feel free to share some catchy handle names for twitter/facebook

any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Eazeetrade said:
I am thinking of using social media- twitter, Facebook to promote all naturalized citizens to vote against Conservatives- please feel free to share some catchy handle names for twitter/facebook

Bunch of cons?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eazeetrade said:

StopHarperNow

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eazeetrade said:

Lot of Canadians are ignorant about the proposed law; and they have been misled into thinking that 99% of immigrants take citizenship and run away or steal jobs. The negative narrative has been spreading for a while now.

So, if you start a social media campaign - it's only going to backfire because number of ignorant or misled Canadians are far higher. So, for every 1 person supporting your campaign, you might get 5 publicly going against you in social media.

Simply because they don't know the truth - they have been led to believe that immigrants either a) abuse social welfare benefits or b) get Canadian passport and then run away or c) steal people's jobs.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Let's protest by sending in our citizenship applications even if the 1095 residence days were not completed !

I lived in Canada for 2.5 years as a foreign worker (including 1.5 waiting for my PR application to be processed) before becoming PR and the conservatives are telling me it doesn't count. That would mean 2 more years waiting BEFORE being able to apply for citizenship :mad:

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
MasterGeek said:
Let's protest by sending in our citizenship applications even if the 1095 residence days were not completed !

I lived in Canada for 2.5 years as a foreign worker (including 1.5 waiting for my PR application to be processed) before becoming PR and the conservatives are telling me it doesn't count. That would mean 2 more years waiting BEFORE being able to apply for citizenship :mad:
You do that, and let us know how you enjoy filling out the RQ that you will be receiving.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I agree MasterGeek,

I didn't come in either as a student or TFW, but I am angry on behalf of BOTH these categories who have probably (why definitely ) spent much more time integrating into Canadian life than others who came on the FSW from outside.

I am truly flabbergasted that they could be so cruel with those 2 categories.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Chrysss said:
Lot of Canadians are ignorant about the proposed law; and they have been misled into thinking that 99% of immigrants take citizenship and run away or steal jobs. The negative narrative has been spreading for a while now.

So, if you start a social media campaign - it's only going to backfire because number of ignorant or misled Canadians are far higher. So, for every 1 person supporting your campaign, you might get 5 publicly going against you in social media.

Simply because they don't know the truth - they have been led to believe that immigrants either a) abuse social welfare benefits or b) get Canadian passport and then run away or c) steal people's jobs.
How about you try to contribute to the positive narrative? You are part of the negative narrative as it is.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
torontosm said:
You do that, and let us know how you enjoy filling out the RQ that you will be receiving.
No RQ if I didn't complete the 1095 days of physical or non-physical residence, they will have to return and refund my application

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tolerance said:
How about you try to contribute to the positive narrative? You are part of the negative narrative as it is.
All I am doing here is pointing out that social media campaign may backfire (given the widespread negative narrative). If you want to go ahead, start a social media campaign, be my guest. I am only highlighting risk (of backfire). What you do is your wish and entirely upto you.

No need to pass judgement on me or accuse me of being part of negative narrative. Thank you.

citizenshiper

Jun 4, 2014
it does not make sense. if he submits application now (before the bill becomes effective), he will not need to sign the "intent to reside" therefore no need to stay in Canada before oath.

plus, if the new sys indeed speeds up as Chris promised, he may actually get it much sooner than expected.

on-hold said:
Then you will get your citizenship in the same year that the new Royal Baby has grown up and graduated from St. Andrews. Furthermore, all those years will be spent in Canada, because the new 'intent to reside' will require you to maintain the appearance of said 'intent' right up to the oath.
what will happen to the application if someone sends it if 1095 physical days are not yet passed. for example if only 1085 or 1090 days are passed?

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
This "intent to reside" is applying before becoming citizen or after that? What exactly has been mentioned in the Bill?
Thanks,
S.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Todays meeting was cancelled - was it because it's routine budget related voting and likely something much much more pressing has come up ?

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=6646165&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=2

hmm.... interesting Dear Watson... :-X

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Todays meeting was cancelled - was it because it's routine budget related voting and likely something much much more pressing has come up ?

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=6646165&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=2

hmm.... interesting Dear Watson... :-X
Good. I am happy to see this. Even better to see this government dissolved voluntarily.