Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
bagelbagel81 said:
I was told by a few people that it doesn't really matter whether it's the sponsor or the applicant- however some other finicky people told me it's meant to be the sponsor. I am sure they can match it up either way ;) (Having said that I put myself, the applicant - just because I was using my credit card)
Ok thanks. I'm going to put the sponsor information (since the checklist shows the receipt as well in the sponsor section).

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
tink23 said:
Cover pages are not necessary! I just have to them separate things and make it more obvious what is separated and what is included in each following part.... I'm doing a big main cover page (in yellow) that will give a general table of contents for the whole application... then I will have 3 sub categories (in orange- sponsor, applicant, proof of relationship), and on each of those I will give a general table of contents of what's included.... then I have many mini sub categories that explains what is coming up... for example: Wedding: - invitation, guest book photocopy, wedding receipts, etc etc etc........ just to break it up and give them a heads up of what's to come. NOT MANDATORY! So don't worry about it!

Bull dog clips are those ones that u can flip the sliver handle back to open and close the clip, and then u flip it forward down on the paper to hold it there... they're generally just black, but sometimes come in colours too, all different sizes from tiny to huge.... I don't really know how to explain it... They're just glorified paper clips that can firmly hold paper and more of it.... Again, nothing to worry about! LOL!
LOL Ok, I know what bull dog clips are, infact, I've been using red ones! Are you sending them in your packet....to seperate out the 3 sub categories?

What are you doing about your pics? Rubber banding them? In envelopes, labeled?

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Sweden said:
IF you get AOR, you will get it by mail - so nothing to do but wait and check your mail ( which I assume you do on a regular basis anyway)!.

For all august applicants - just relax!! sorry to say - but it's way too early to get anxious about an answer, and if you think about it already a lot by now, you will be insane in 3 months. So - the website says working on mid may applicants - just don't think about it. Set your mind to hear about CIC in 3 months from now, and anything that comes earlier than that is just good news! :)

Good luck to all,
Sweden
Sweden! So glad we have a "seasoned" member here. Your wisdom and guidance will be invaluable my dear. (hugs)

Personally, when this baby goes off today or tomorrow....I will be HAPPY not to think about it for a few months! Although, been thinking that as soon as we get word hubby's sponsorship is approved, would be the time we start trying for a family. Ok. Now I'm stressed. ???

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Tullysgirl said:
LOL Ok, I know what bull dog clips are, infact, I've been using red ones! Are you sending them in your packet....to seperate out the 3 sub categories?

What are you doing about your pics? Rubber banding them? In envelopes, labeled?
I compiled pictures in Microsoft Publisher and made a timeline, and then just clipped them all together.

I have the clips holding any large amounts of proof together.... the photos, my passport photocopies (proof of entries), lots of stuff. and to separate the 3 categories I'll use big ones.

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Good morning everyone,

I am new here and mine was sent last aug.16,2012(Inland applicant). Is there any inland applicants here?

Thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I had a job interview yesterday for a teaching position... they said they'll get back to me on Wedensday or Thursday.... I will be ready to send the application off tomorrow morning... Should I wait to see if I got the job so I can change the sponsor evaluation to say employed? Then I'll also have to wait and ask my (possible) employer for a proof of employment letter... Can I just send it off or should I wait to see if I have the job or not??

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
tink23 said:
I had a job interview yesterday for a teaching position... they said they'll get back to me on Wedensday or Thursday.... I will be ready to send the application off tomorrow morning... Should I wait to see if I got the job so I can change the sponsor evaluation to say employed? Then I'll also have to wait and ask my (possible) employer for a proof of employment letter... Can I just send it off or should I wait to see if I have the job or not??
Hey tink23,

as a sponsor, there is no minimum income requirement. If you think that your potential employer might be willing to write a letter, maybe it is worth waiting, but I am not sure... I don't know if your future employer would issue a letter before you start working etc...
What you could do is mention in your application that you have job interviews going on, and that although you are currently unemployed, you are in the last stages and you will have a job soon - but can not prove it at the stage of the process. Maybe include a copy of email asking you for an interview if you have one.
You can send it off... in my opinion at least. CIC assesses if you are likely to return to Canada (if you are not already there as a sponsor), if you are a criminal, and if you will go on welfare (or likely to). So - include proofs that you are looking for a job, and got an interview etc.
If CIC has doubts when they open your file, they will ask you for more proofs - you won't be denied as a sponsor without being given a chance to explain. so - if you are asked for more proofs, then you can send proofs that you got the job, a letter from your employer etc.
But most likely - you won't be asked.
My partner got approved to sponsor me, and he is a student who has worked 5 months in the last 3 years (summer jobs), and has a loan... and he got approved without questions, as we had documented what he will do when he returns to Canada to make a living etc.
So - if you don't want to wait, and want to send it off, go ahead. I'm sure you'll be fine!
Good luck,
Sweden

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Sweden said:
Hey tink23,

as a sponsor, there is no minimum income requirement. If you think that your potential employer might be willing to write a letter, maybe it is worth waiting, but I am not sure... I don't know if your future employer would issue a letter before you start working etc...
What you could do is mention in your application that you have job interviews going on, and that although you are currently unemployed, you are in the last stages and you will have a job soon - but can not prove it at the stage of the process. Maybe include a copy of email asking you for an interview if you have one.
You can send it off... in my opinion at least. CIC assesses if you are likely to return to Canada (if you are not already there as a sponsor), if you are a criminal, and if you will go on welfare (or likely to). So - include proofs that you are looking for a job, and got an interview etc.
If CIC has doubts when they open your file, they will ask you for more proofs - you won't be denied as a sponsor without being given a chance to explain. so - if you are asked for more proofs, then you can send proofs that you got the job, a letter from your employer etc.
But most likely - you won't be asked.
My partner got approved to sponsor me, and he is a student who has worked 5 months in the last 3 years (summer jobs), and has a loan... and he got approved without questions, as we had documented what he will do when he returns to Canada to make a living etc.
So - if you don't want to wait, and want to send it off, go ahead. I'm sure you'll be fine!
Good luck,
Sweden
Ok thank you. I'll include the email asking me to come for the interview.... if I haven't heard from the possible employer by late morning when I'm ready to send it all off then I will just leave it as it is.... if I do hear something from them then I can adjust my forms to say I'm employed, but also state that I literaly JUST got the job and so have no proof of employment... I'm also sending a letter of support from my parents stating that I (now) and my husband (when he gets the visa) can live with them and they will support us in all ways as long as is necessary.

Thanks Sweden!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tink23 said:
Ok thank you. I'll include the email asking me to come for the interview.... if I haven't heard from the possible employer by late morning when I'm ready to send it all off then I will just leave it as it is.... if I do hear something from them then I can adjust my forms to say I'm employed, but also state that I literaly JUST got the job and so have no proof of employment... I'm also sending a letter of support from my parents stating that I (now) and my husband (when he gets the visa) can live with them and they will support us in all ways as long as is necessary.

Thanks Sweden!
Sounds like a good plan, and with the letter from your parents, and your job search etc, you'll be approved as a sponsor, no worries! :) try to think of it as "when" I am approved, and not "if" I am approved, every time you think about it - it makes it much easier and less scary!
Sweden

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Sweden said:
as a sponsor, there is no minimum income requirement.
Sweden,
Where does it say that sponsors don't hae to meet a minimun income requirement?

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Tullysgirl said:
Sweden! So glad we have a "seasoned" member here. Your wisdom and guidance will be invaluable my dear. (hugs)

Personally, when this baby goes off today or tomorrow....I will be HAPPY not to think about it for a few months! Although, been thinking that as soon as we get word hubby's sponsorship is approved, would be the time we start trying for a family. Ok. Now I'm stressed. ???
I agree! Sweden's advice is always the best haha

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Tullysgirl said:
Sweden,
Where does it say that sponsors don't have to meet a minimun income requirement?
this what CIC website says>
When you sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada, you must promise to support them financially. Therefore, you have to meet certain income requirements. If you have previously sponsored relatives to come to Canada and they have later turned to the government for financial assistance, you may not be allowed to sponsor another person. Sponsorship is a big commitment, so you must take this obligation seriously.
here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

so - you have to meet "certain income requirements", which is different than "minimum income requirements". Certain categories have a minimum requirement defined by a number, and if you don't meet the minimum, you can not sponsor, full stop. Not much possibility for discussions/negociations.

For Spousal sponsorship, you have to prove that you have a plan on how you will support yourself and your family when they come to Canada, but there is no minimum - you have to demonstrate that you have thought about it, that you might have savings, or parents willing to sponsor you, or a house where you will live etc, but there is no number that you need to reach. You need to prove that you are not on welfare, and that your family will not go on welfare, but that's it.

on the sponsor guide it says:
In order to sponsor, you must…

be 18 years of age or older,
be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
live in Canada or provide evidence , if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live exclusively in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities,
sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.
(link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp)

you can see on the last paragraph - you have to prove that you have a sufficient income only if you are sponsoring children - if you are only sponsoring your spouse, you don't have to. It's always best to include information on how you will support yourself so CIC is convinced that you will not go on welfare, but no minimum.
Cheers,
Sweden

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
I have a question. In IMM5669, Q8, one has to list the personal activity back 10 years or since you were 18, whatever comes first. I just realized, I just filled out the whole box, but in fact it doesn't account for either the past 10 years or since I was 18-- is this like in other forms, and I have to attach a paper with further information?

Thanks, people :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kyc221 said:
I have a question. In IMM5669, Q8, one has to list the personal activity back 10 years or since you were 18, whatever comes first. I just realized, I just filled out the whole box, but in fact it doesn't account for either the past 10 years or since I was 18-- is this like in other forms, and I have to attach a paper with further information?

Thanks, people :)
Yes, attach an extra sheet of paper and finish until they were 18 (or 10 years if they're older than 28).

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
tink23 said:
Yes, attach an extra sheet of paper and finish until they were 18 (or 10 years if they're older than 28).
Thanks! Working on it right now.

Is it bad that I get all paranoid, like I must be missing another 500 little details like that? ???