Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kyc221 said:
Thanks! Working on it right now.

Is it bad that I get all paranoid, like I must be missing another 500 little details like that? ???
I feel the same way. I THINK I am ready to send this baby off.... but I know when it comes time to actually bind it together (with a giant elastic or something) and then actually stick it in the mail bag and seal it.... I'm going to feel nervous!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
i think we all feel the same - but at the end, most of the time it goes well! if you put efforts into your application and include everything according to the check list, you will be fine. It's a huge relief when it's finally gone... there is always a few questions about "what if" or "did i" etc... but in general it goes well.
Remember to keep a copy of your application (at least all the documents that you have not printed striaght from a computer) - just to be sure. Copy/scan everything, including the forms when they are signed etc.

Good luck,
Sweden

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Sweden said:
this what CIC website says>
When you sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada, you must promise to support them financially. Therefore, you have to meet certain income requirements. If you have previously sponsored relatives to come to Canada and they have later turned to the government for financial assistance, you may not be allowed to sponsor another person. Sponsorship is a big commitment, so you must take this obligation seriously.
here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

so - you have to meet "certain income requirements", which is different than "minimum income requirements". Certain categories have a minimum requirement defined by a number, and if you don't meet the minimum, you can not sponsor, full stop. Not much possibility for discussions/negociations.

For Spousal sponsorship, you have to prove that you have a plan on how you will support yourself and your family when they come to Canada, but there is no minimum - you have to demonstrate that you have thought about it, that you might have savings, or parents willing to sponsor you, or a house where you will live etc, but there is no number that you need to reach. You need to prove that you are not on welfare, and that your family will not go on welfare, but that's it.

on the sponsor guide it says:
In order to sponsor, you must...

be 18 years of age or older,
be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
live in Canada or provide evidence , if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live exclusively in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities,
sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner's basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner's dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.
(link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp)

you can see on the last paragraph - you have to prove that you have a sufficient income only if you are sponsoring children - if you are only sponsoring your spouse, you don't have to. It's always best to include information on how you will support yourself so CIC is convinced that you will not go on welfare, but no minimum.
Cheers,
Sweden
Oiy. My eyes rolled to the back of my head. :p Thank the Lord for those of you who have plowed paths before us, understand this and are willing to explain to us thick headed/less detailed persons!

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Hi,

Just spoke to one of the call reps today at CPC Mississauga.... She confirmed that there is no security measure if the address does not match the
address on the credit card, as long as there's a receipt to prove you've made the payment.... I used my friends credit card and gave her the fee to put money on her card for my application and than used her card.... I put my address down on the receipt, me being the sponsor.... both the addresses were different on the card and receipt... the call center rep said its no problem at all : )

kyc221 said:
We just filled that up, and after a little research (with no 100% clear answer), we decided that we had to put the sponsor's information. Also, we wrote down the address linked to the credit card instead of the current residence, because somewhere we read it could also be meant as another security measure to know it was paid with the proper credit card :s

Btw, good luck on sending it on Wednesday :) My time should be on Thursday!

Peas oh peas, like my Canadian nephew says when he wants things done his way, lol!!

I agree, hence my previos :s to the comment above :s

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
munchkin80 said:
Hi,

Just spoke to one of the call reps today at CPC Mississauga.... She confirmed that there is no security measure if the address does not match the
address on the credit card, as long as there's a receipt to prove you've made the payment.... I used my friends credit card and gave her the fee to put money on her card for my application and than used her card.... I put my address down on the receipt, me being the sponsor.... both the addresses were different on the card and receipt... the call center rep said its no problem at all : )
That makes me think... is it okay to have a different address on the receipt than the actual residential address of the sponsor? what do you guys think? This is my last chance to correct that mistake.

We wrote down my sponsor's Canadian address, but his current residential address (or mailing address, for that matter) are from here, Chile.

Should we correct it?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Ok, within the hour I'm going to go and send the application package. So nervous!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
tink23 said:
Ok, within the hour I'm going to go and send the application package. So nervous!
You'll be fine! Just relax and be happy that it's over =)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
tink23 said:
you'll be just fine! you've gone through things again and again, it's time to let go! :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
It's SENT!!!!! I ended up using UPS because I think it's cheaper. I bought a little plastic envelope thingy from Staples just to keep it safe from water, and sealed it in there, and wrote the address and our information on the outside, then slid it into the UPS bag and had the address on there as well... It is going to arrive tomorrow morning (I actually only live like 20 minutes from the processing centre, so it would be nice if it could be hand delivered). Signature requested. It weighed 4.2 lbs and cost $20.34.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
tink23 said:
It's SENT!!!!! I ended up using UPS because I think it's cheaper. I bought a little plastic envelope thingy from Staples just to keep it safe from water, and sealed it in there, and wrote the address and our information on the outside, then slid it into the UPS bag and had the address on there as well... It is going to arrive tomorrow morning (I actually only live like 20 minutes from the processing centre, so it would be nice if it could be hand delivered). Signature requested. It weighed 4.2 lbs and cost $20.34.
Wow that is cheaper, but I don't live that close to any UPS locations so it was just easier to use Canada Post.

Anyway, take a sigh of relief! You're done, now all you can do is wait =)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Shylox said:
Wow that is cheaper, but I don't live that close to any UPS locations so it was just easier to use Canada Post.

Anyway, take a sigh of relief! You're done, now all you can do is wait =)
Yes, it was cheap. I hope I didn't forget something. I feel good that it's gone, but I'm nervous I forgot something... I hope if I did that it's not a huge/important thing and they don't have to send the application back for it...

markbram

Aug 9, 2012
Hi guys,
sent my application yesterday along with my open work permit application so I can get working as soon as the intial stage is complete!!
Good luck everyone!!!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
tink23 said:
Woohoo, that's great!!

We're sending ours on Friday, and according to Fedex site, it should be there on Monday.

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
markbram said:
Hi guys,
sent my application yesterday along with my open work permit application so I can get working as soon as the intial stage is complete!!
Good luck everyone!!!
I didn't know an open work permit application could be sent with the Sponsorship/PR paperwork.