At Last ...Passport request Letter..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hello Marlena,

Concerning the notarizing of your passport, citizenship and marriage certificate, since you will send copy and not original, I doubt the notary in lebanon will accepted, from my experience, when I wanted to translate something and send translate copy notarized to the embassy, I used to take the original document to the translator (he provide the notorizing in the right ministry), he see the original , and on the photocopy he make, he used to stamp a tanpon saying: that he saw the original, and that is a true copy of it. So I guess, not sure that you have to translate them in canada and I guess the lebanese embassy can make them notirized.
Don't you have a Ikhraj Kaid fardy, individual civil status where your original name and the district number in zahle showing on it? it will make finding your name in zahle faster or a family book.
I am sure there is a way to do it, specialy if you have someone in the ministry. Did your husband asked arround, how lebanese man getting married with foreing girl outside , in a civil marriage and registering their marriage in lebanon?
From what I know, if your name still exsit in the Zahle, and if you give your husband an authorization, I guess he will be able to make a new ikhraj kaid fardy for you, with will be a kind of ID that he will need when he register the marriage, because he need the number of the district

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
No my ikraj Aely my last name is different than the rest of the family and my birth date I'm one year younger my actual birth date in my documents in Canada and my parents never went back and fixed it for me which my name is completely different on what i have in document now so they it will not match with what I have I can't send my original passport but why wouldn't they accept a copy when it's notarized from the city Hall in Canada. It's not up to the person who translate the document in Lebanon to ask for original especially when it comes to document notarized and it should be accepted. No one here in Canada give the original copies since they keep them and give a true copy that it's notarized...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Perhaps I should notarized every single document and send them. I still have my birth certificate but I rather not showing it because they will say she is not the same from the one on the passport. That's why I'm trying only to provide documents from Canada and not Lebanon....
I refuse to deal with the embassy of Lebanon in Ottawa, 3 different stories from different people and the entire process again my date of birth will not match so is no help. I want do it directly in Lebanon with documents from Canada. I don't show them my Ikraj Aely or Fardy.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rorita what document did they ask from the bride in order to get married in Lebanon.
I read they need birth certificate, and baptism certificate but no Ikraj 3aely or ifrady how come?????

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Ah, ok, you will notorize them first in canada then send them, that will work, I thought you will send plain photocopy of them and get them notorized and translated in lebanon, because they can act in a very stupid way in lebanon when they want to...
and your ikhraj kaid is not good, since it is wrong, so I guess they will have to use your passport as ID, and work with the case as your are only canadian , and not originaly lebanese...I guess it might work..we need the info of Boujasim..:)

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
In our case to get marry they ask from me: ID, Baptism certificate, and a paper called Itlak Hall(witch mean a paper that show I am not married). The baptism and the Itlak Hal I brought from the church who is responsible over our region (Ra3iat)

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
This is what I found on the website.

Although there is not a system for civil marriage in Lebanon, a civil marriage of a couple married outside Lebanon is recognized by the Lebanese authorities on the condition that the marriage should be officially registered in the Lebanese Embassy or Consulate in the country where it took place (28 Sept. 2007)."

So I answered my question and the Embassy of Lebanon request Ikraj el Ayd el 3aely which I can't provide due to the birth date error. Oh my god I'm going to try it anyways and if I can't than no choice.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, can't you tell them in the embassy that your parent left lebanon long time ago, and there is a mistake in your ikhraj Kaid, that they weren't able to return to lebanon and correct the mistake. so providing them with ikhraj kaid is useless..??

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I'm scared because I can provide them but assume I'm married in Lebanon. My husband to add me in his Civil registration it will go back to my birth date certificate in Lebanon right????? if he send it they will see it's not the same birth date as the sponsor so they are going to be suspicious and try to tell them they made a mistake....

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I'm in such a mess I'll start with the process of the passport and play dum with the Lebanese authority let see if it will pass...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I wish we will achieve everything within the 90 days. I don't think it's possible!!!! I asked Leon if I can ask Damascus embassy if they can extend the time until we do all the correction first and take it from there.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I follow you Marlena, I am trying to find a solution, but it is bit confusing...
you were born In Lebanon, right...do you have the hospital certificate that might have your right birthday? or on the baptism certificate do you have your right birthday, in that case maybe your husband can convince them to skip your ikhraj kaid and tell them it contain mistake, but here is a document that contain her real birthday along with citizenship, marriage certificate, passport

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, can;t you come to lebanon soon, and get marry in the church, giving as ID your passport? like someone who is totaly canadian and never seen lebanon (for his luck..:))..
because doing correction on ID in lebanon, from my experience, is a long process, it shouldn't be..but the people who work in this field are THE WORTH PEOPLE ON EARTH..unless your aunt husband has people inside that he can count on them

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
ok marlena ill need to use the caps with u:

YA 3AMMI !!!!!!!!!
YOU CAN NOT REGISTER A FORIEGN MARRIAGE IN LEBANON DIRECTLY U SHUD GO THRU THE EMBASSY 1ST!

NOW LISTEN THE PATHS U CAN TAKE ARE:

1- IF IN UR BIRTH CERTIFICATE UR NOT MENTIONED AS LEBANESE OR UR FATHER AS LEBANESE THEN U CAN REGISTER IT AS CANADIAN CITIZEN MARRYING A LEBANESE AND ULL NEED TO PROVIDE UR BIRTH CERTIFICATE INSTEAD OF THE IKHRAJ KAYED, AND SINCE UR NAME IN LEBANON IS DIFF THAN THE NAME OF UR FAMILY THEN IT IS OK! AND IT WILL BE DONE BUT IT WILL NEED A MINIMUM OF 2-3 MONTHS TO DO THIS. ULL 1ST HAVE TO REGISTER IT AT THE EMBASSY,THE EMBASSY WUD NEED A MONTH OR 2 TO SEND IT IN THE DIPLOMATIC COURRIER TO LEBANON, AND WHEN IT REACHES LEBANON IT GOES TO THE MINISTY OF FOREGIN AFFAIR AND THEN THEY SEND IT TO NOFOS BEIRUT(VITAL STATISTICS OF BEIRUT) AND THEN U GET IT FROM THE NOFOS REGISTERD.BUT UR HUSBAND WILL FACE A PROBLEM COZ A LEBANESE MALE NEEDS AN APPROVAL FROM THE SECURITY GENERAL TO MARRY A NON-ARAB WOMEN, HE WILL BE PUNISHED AND THE MARRIAGE WILL NOT BE REGISTERD NEVER EVER.

2- REGISTER IT AS A LEBANESE AND THAT WILL TAKE ALMOST ONE YEAR COZ OF UR NAME PROBLEM, BUT IT WILL EVENTUALLY WORK.

3- WRITE A LETTER TO DAMASCUS EXPLAINING WHY YOU CANT REGISTER IT AS A LEBANESE. COZ U WILL NEED AT LEAST A YEAR TO DO SO AND IF U REGISTER IT AS A CANADIAN UR HUSBAND WILL FACE LEGAL PROBLEMS WITH THE SECURITY GENERAL.