+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At Last ...Passport request Letter..

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm so sad today :0(, I can't believe the stupid Lebanese Embassy in Ottawa, I feel like going and strangle that women in the office. She is so rude and in a bad mood all the time. I got into a huge argument with her and left. I will never go back there and what a stupid service they have. They always tell you no we don't know.
One problem after another but it looks like my husband can't register our marriage in Lebanon due to many factors and many different opinion so I have to write a letter to Damascus and tell them the marriage took place in Canada and my husband can't register because they don't recognized it and end of the story. Do you think they will refuse him because of that??? I swear I'm out of energy and I want 3 times to the embassy and today that's it I won't be able to deal with them anymore. They are suppose to give us answers to our questions but it seems they don't know anything. I simply asked a simple question and she said get the information first from Lebanon. I am running of time here and It seems they won't cooperate.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, Sorry to hear that, but after they are typically Lebanese, they prefer saying no, we don't know, instead of scratching their head and searching for answer and try to help you.
I am kind convince with what Boujasim told you, that you can send them a letter telling them that your husband can't register the marriage, because in Lebanon they don't recognize civil marriage. I know that they know each country rules and law, but on the flip side, that make me wonder why they are asking you to do that, as far as I know, they know civil marriage isn't recognize in Lebanon.
Has your husband been able to get any answer from the authority in Lebanon? I hear lot of people getting married civil marriage outside Lebanon, there has to be a way they are taking to make their marriage legal in Lebanon...did you try to connect the lebanese Concoul (don’t know what in English) in person, I hear people outside lebanon goes to the Consoul whenever they are facing problem

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
marlena!!!!!!!!!!!!! i told u they cant register it, its all too confusing this country sucks!!
now listen, ill ask on monday and be 100% sure if its impossible to register, if so, ill get u the claws in the law where they mention a civil marriage cant be registered and why, so u can write a professional letter.. and belive me the damascus embassy are amazing, they WILL understand,they are very human and simply amazing, this is my experince with them.

rorita!!!!!!!!sorry i cudnt come back 2moro but i came back from work at 2am all the time at the embassy!!
ill PM u now.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
yes boujasim you are right... the Lebanese system is somehow weird. I'm not even bother to get married in Lebanon anymore if I'm going to run here and there. I have 6 weeks to enjoy with my husband and I refuse to spend my time on going after everything especially when I'm from Zahlé. I don't care if my marriage can't be registered because I will leave and die and burried in Canada and not Lebanon so why should I bother...

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, when I was registering my marriage in lebanon it took about 3 week, the people who we deal with were so stupid, one of them wrote my mom name twice in a wrong way, different from the Zijil Adly, and my husband is from Bikaa Gharbi, so it was 1 hour drive twice untill we were done, and each one you ask , he say I don't know, go to the first floor, when you go to the first floor, you hear bad word and say in very high volume: WHAT...what are you doing here you should go to the third floor..etc
So from that bad experience, I swear that I am not going to register my children in Lebanon,
Boujasim, it is ok ya3tik al Afia, I am ok as long as I take my daily doze of assuring from you..:))

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Imagine what will happen when I'm completely stranger to Lebanon. I think I'm going to convince him tonight not to go ahead with the plan and to stop everything and if Damascus asked I'll tell them we won't have the chrisitian one for now we will have it next summer. I don't think they should refuse his application based on that as long I'm legally married in canada right!!!! Boujasim went through it and he was approve so I'm going ahead and do it the same way. Forget about the church marriage for now.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I agree with you, I guess you can do that. But in my opinion, do some research about civil marriage in Lebanon, along with the info that boujasim has offer to ask about, What I mean , build a strong alibi for not registering your marriage in Lebanon by sending them as much as you can research, laws, about the Lebanese system. Don’t give them any chance to doubt anything. Write down a very professional letter, and support each alibi you are giving them in the letter why you weren't able to register your marriage by a document or a law.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
THEY WILL NOT REFUSE OR MAKE ANY PROBLEMS JUST BE 110% HONEST AND THEY WILL UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.
iam telling u marlena they are excellent ppl.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, now it is your turn when Boujasim reply to you in capital letter...:))
Boujasim, I guess when me and Marlena are done, you will need lot of Halls...:))))

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
...:))) Hallz, you know the bonbon we use when we are sick and we have Soar throat or Mabhouhin..They have it in different flavor, they usually put in the supermarket near the cashier, and I technically live on it, because I have a very sensitive throat..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
yala...as soon as we get our passport, ya RAB soon...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Boujasim, Rorita here are the latest on my case.

I called this morning my aunt husband to see if he can help me out by registering the marriage and he suggested the followings:

Send a notarized copy of my passport along with my citizenship and Marriage Certificate from Canada and translate them in Arabic in Lebanon . (I'm wondering if I should translate them in Canada to Arabic and than sending everything notarized.)
Once they are received by my husband to take them to the place where can get his Ikhraj Aely and ask them to register my marriage and if they ask for Ikraj Aely for me to tell them since my marriage took place in Canada and I lived in Canada for a long time the only information he would provide them with is Passport and Citizenship and marriage certificate translated and and notarized never mind the Ikraj Aely since he has to go all the way to Zahle and god knows how long it will take him to find me in their system if they ever find my parents (since my first and last name is completely different and doesn't match with the rest of the family of course to make things worse)
The person who will hopefully be able to help my husband he is General in Beirut and have more connections to speed up things and he is willing to go with my husband through the entire process to try make the process go much faster in order for my husband to change his status to married and adding me on his family civil registration as his wife
Translate Ikraj Aely once my name is added and send everything to Damascus and voila my problem will be solved but if they want my Ikraj Aely and don't accept only Passport and Citizenship it might delay all the process including my church marriage :0( all a matter of luckkkkkkkkk...
Also he suggested not to do it through the embassy of Lebanon in Ottawa because of my name that is so different so it will not happen on time and there is much longer process taking in place.

If everything doesn't work that I'm in big problem I will have to explain why things can be done within 90 days and if they can give and additional time...

Your suggestion!!!!