+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At Last ...Passport request Letter..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
No, Marlena, I am still waiting the email, I am hoping to get it midd next week.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Boncuk how's things from your end. Don't see you a lot these days. How's the family????
Any news for you and Rasha!!!

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
marlena, ana ma 3am i7ke hek, iam talking out of experince and knowledge, i work with embassies plus my friend went thru this same situation, this thing is jst proof of genuinel marriage but if it cant be done jst explain why.
my friend was asked this and at the interview he told the IO it cant be registerd she told him yes ur correct.they wanna see how u deal with it to see if ur efforts are genuine.

finally someone who understands wat iam saying!!! gracias boncuk

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Ok, I re-read all the recent post Marlena, and I guess Boujasim is right, correctig everything will be a long and painful procedure, paying lot of money, and you can't afford all this time.
I have a suggestion for you, that might make you a little bit more confortable about Boujasim idea, consult an immigration lawyer , tell him the situation and provide him with the research you made about civil marriage in lebanon, and the problem you have in your legal paper in lebanon. and let him make a letter to Damscus explaining everything, he will have his own way and his own word to describe the situation, and along with his letter provide them with research and laws in lebanon.
I will try to make some research for you, if I manage to fing something useful, I will send you the link.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
haha!
consulting a lawyer willcoast money, kaman i bet u for 15,000$ that the consultant will understan nothing, u out of all ppl rorita must know after ur experince with ur lawyer who jst toke money and coasted u time.

the IO will judge in ur favor if u wrte the letter, if a lawyer is involved it will b bad for ur image and u will be dealt with in a strict manner instead of goin easy on u, other than that, it is NOT allowed by law for a lawyer to give his opinion on a marriage or marriage related.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
From my experience with my lawyer, I wouldn't even live in the same street where a lawyer live..:))
You are right (as always I guess) , but I was trying to come up with a solution that make Marlena convince with sending a letter instead of the other solution.
Did you read my post, my lawyer fell down and broke 5 ribs..yesss:)

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
7aram te7ki hek, ma bijooz tonbosti eza 7adan indarab, ma tishmate min 7adan, allah kbeer o 2ilo 7ikamo bass ma tishmati min khal2o

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Really all she needs to do is explain step by step what the issue is. In clear concise english. The end of the matter is she is legally married and cant legalise it in Lebanon. Lawyers just talk alot of mumbo jumbo and in last the I/O will just get annoyed. Speak from the heart. They are human after all and they are more aware than you realise. Boujasim is right in respect to they want to see how much effort you put into it. Your name problems to begin with is enough! Lawyers are a waste of money in this situation, and nothing else to fear. The I/O cant refuse you on these grounds alone. You are just wasting time worrying about it and trying to find some miracle loophole when there isnt one!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
As for things on my end.. nothing yet. We are just sitting like ducks waiting lol I hope we get some good news soon for Cairo. :) Rasha is around as well she's been pretty busy!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
it is like my dad talking...even that I am older than you..:)
well I don;t ichmat and I don't Id3i on anyone, I let God take my revange, but because of him, I had to email my husband today and tell him, I hope I can make you a dad next year, since today is father day...
God only knows what were our life to be now, if we didn't loose all this time...but like you say, Allah Kbir, and he knows, why, when and how...and I totaly count on him.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Boncuk in your opinion should I mention because there is an error in the name as well date of birth or not bother with it because it will open up their eyes on something it's irrelevant to the application.
Should I just say It can be legalized in Lebanon since it's a civil marriage and until the other ceremony take place that's when he can change his civil status. Would that sound ok.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
You know Boujasim said something that totally clicked in my head right now. He said his friend had an INTERVIEW and was asked this same question.. Did you think that maybe they will avoid your husband having an interview and perhaps that's why they are asking the question now? Explain why you can't legalise it, explain what steps you tried to remedy it, explain again why your husbands civil status can't change in Lebanon until your ceremony is complete. Copy all the proof that you have. Be honest and upfront. .nothing to panic about. The I/O is giving you a gift if you look at it my way.. you have a chance to explain and perhaps even have your interview waived :) Be positive my friend.. positive thinking produces positive results.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
si!! i think no interview is required, coz if they required an interview they wud have told u there is an interview and please bring the following documents with u.... and didnt they also ask for the visa fees??? i think the interview is waved

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Boujasim, I have a question that sure Marlena will think about, when she come to get marry in church in lebanon, what she will be able to give them as ID? her passport, her citizenship, ?

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
as a canadian she will need her passport and the proof of legaly entering in lebanon,or as a lebanese then they request the normal papers.