+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2024 AOR

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Same boat. AOR April 15th. Biometrics and Medicals are complete. No updates since my medicals got updated to complete on GCKEY (June 7). Tracker is a barren wasteland too. No updates dates since June 11th.

The only ray of hope I have is that for every day I don't hear anything from IRCC, is another day where I didn't get my application rejected. So there's that.
If you read a bit about how IRCC rejects, you won't be this sad I guess. IRCC can't directly reject you after R10 pass. There's a cadence to their dissatisfaction which at minimum would start with ADRs or at extreme would start with a PFL. You can further challenge them with a judicial review.

Unless you've faked a document or genuinely fail eligibility, IRCC can't unjustly reject you. There's no need to worry about things that are unlikely to happen.

You are already an in-land candidate. Unlike outland applicants, you aren't waiting to start your life in Canada either. For you, it is just a status change. Why so gloomy? It is nice summer out here, go and enjoy it(heat wave, pff! just summer for us immigrants, right? :D ).

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
If you read a bit about how IRCC rejects, you won't be this sad I guess. IRCC can't directly reject you after R10 pass. There's a cadence to their dissatisfaction which at minimum would start with ADRs or at extreme would start with a PFL. You can further challenge them with a judicial review.

Unless you've faked a document or genuinely fail eligibility, IRCC can't unjustly reject you. There's no need to worry about things that are unlikely to happen.

You are already an in-land candidate. Unlike outland applicants, you aren't waiting to start your life in Canada either. For you, it is just a status change. Why so gloomy? It is nice summer out here, go and enjoy it(heat wave, pff! just summer for us immigrants, right? :D ).
Hah, talking about seeing the glass half full instead of half empty. Thanks for the good energy, my friend. It is indeed good to be reminded from time to time that everything is not as bad as our brain makes it seem.

I should be fine then. R10 is behind me most likely (since my Medicals are updated on my GCKEY) and I certainly did not fake anything.

There are some things had have me somewhat nervous. For example, the way my employer described my obligations in my reference letter, may or may not match fully with the descriptions of my NOC. Up to interpretation. I used this same employment for my OINP nomination, and they accepted it so I may be fine.

Also, I didn't have my proof of funds complete and sitting in my bank account for the whole 6 months I showed in my bank statements. I saved money slowly from my salary and then completed the rest with a genuine gift deed (Money genuinely gifted to me by my aunt. Submitted all the relevant documentation). I had over the required amount of POF by the time I submitted my application. I read that so people got rejected for not having the full amount available to them for at least 6 months so that got me all nervous.

I once called the IRCC to ask about the processing offices and they also told me that my eligibility was complete. Also, it shows complete in the IRCC tracker (Only the background check is in progress).

So who knows? Maybe I am in fact all good. It's just that you never know when it comes to the IRCC.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hah, talking about seeing the glass half full instead of half empty. Thanks for the good energy, my friend. It is indeed good to be reminded from time to time that everything is not as bad as our brain makes it seem.

I should be fine then. R10 is behind me most likely (since my Medicals are updated on my GCKEY) and I certainly did not fake anything.

There are some things had have me somewhat nervous. For example, the way my employer described my obligations in my reference letter, may or may not match fully with the descriptions of my NOC. Up to interpretation. I used this same employment for my OINP nomination, and they accepted it so I may be fine.

Also, I didn't have my proof of funds complete and sitting in my bank account for the whole 6 months I showed in my bank statements. I saved money slowly from my salary and then completed the rest with a genuine gift deed (Money genuinely gifted to me by my aunt. Submitted all the relevant documentation). I had over the required amount of POF by the time I submitted my application. I read that so people got rejected for not having the full amount available to them for at least 6 months so that got me all nervous.

I once called the IRCC to ask about the processing offices and they also told me that my eligibility was complete. Also, it shows complete in the IRCC tracker (Only the background check is in progress).

So who knows? Maybe I am in fact all good. It's just that you never know when it comes to the IRCC.
If they say eligibility is completed, at worst it would mean that it is pending a final review(which happens for all of us before we are sent approval emails, uncommon for an officer to restart eligibility at this stage). So, that's a good news that sorts out everything for you. I can't comment on the NOC, but for PoF, you are all set.

You are only pending background check(which is in progress), so that's nice as well. What matters if your background check is in:
1. some stages done, but now the next stage not started and there's a pause
2. stages in progress

As long as there's no pause in between or you aren't sent for security screening, you should be only your way towards getting processed within a month or two.

Reactions: JuhatmaRhdn

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
If they say eligibility is completed, at worst it would mean that it is pending a final review(which happens for all of us before we are sent approval emails, uncommon for an officer to restart eligibility at this stage). So, that's a good news that sorts out everything for you. I can't comment on the NOC, but for PoF, you are all set.

You are only pending background check(which is in progress), so that's nice as well. What matters if your background check is in:
1. some stages done, but now the next stage not started and there's a pause
2. stages in progress

As long as there's no pause in between or you aren't sent for security screening, you should be only your way towards getting processed within a month or two.
Yeah, I agree. More likely than not, I should be fine. I am terrified of being sent for an "enhanced security screening" check but that is unlikely. I have multiple successful applications with the Canadian government (Study permit, PGWP, TRV), have never been arrested (or committed a crime), have never been part of the military, and have never worked in a government position. Also, I come from a stable country with positive diplomatic relations with Canada.

Just the brain playing tricks at this point. Anyway, ill just sit down and continue waiting! Thanks again!

shanrocks666

Jan 12, 2022
I received Portal 1 email on 10th July after waiting for 1 and half months . Now how long it will take for P2 email ? any idea

nish990

Mar 14, 2024

What exactly do you mean by R10 pass?

v2309

Dec 10, 2019
What be the best number to reach IRCC and ask them for an update ? I tried calling but there is no option i could hear that would connect to a live agent. Has anyone tried calling within canada ?

gadanifrenal

May 6, 2024
Hello guys,

Any update on CEC Inland - ITA, 11th April 2024 and AOR, 6th June 2024.

if there are any whatsapp groups that are active, please share, I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Candidatt

Jul 25, 2023
App. Filed.......
01-04-2024
AOR Received.
01-04-2024
Med's Request
27-05-2024
Med's Done....
01-06-2024
Just one question on the 50x70mm photo. Even a white background turns out grey when printed. Will it be an issue if the photo studio lightens the background a bit? Sample PR photos online obviously seem to have the background lightened, so I’m guessing it shouldn’t be an issue?

priyankabhalla

Star Member
Mar 12, 2024
Just one question on the 50x70mm photo. Even a white background turns out grey when printed. Will it be an issue if the photo studio lightens the background a bit? Sample PR photos online obviously seem to have the background lightened, so I’m guessing it shouldn’t be an issue?
Well I guess it should be fine. As long as the background is still white and your face and complexion should not look altered in anyway.
Even my photo that i got clicked is a little white because of the flash but the photographer said that he has been doing it for a long time and for the shadows to not be visible, this is the only way. So I guess im just trusting him

Reactions: Candidatt

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Get your photos done by someone who has already taken photos for PPR. Much easier that way.