App. Filed.......
01-04-2024
AOR Received.
01-04-2024
Med's Request
27-05-2024
Med's Done....
01-06-2024
Just one question on the 50x70mm photo. Even a white background turns out grey when printed. Will it be an issue if the photo studio lightens the background a bit? Sample PR photos online obviously seem to have the background lightened, so I’m guessing it shouldn’t be an issue?

priyankabhalla

Star Member
Mar 12, 2024
Just one question on the 50x70mm photo. Even a white background turns out grey when printed. Will it be an issue if the photo studio lightens the background a bit? Sample PR photos online obviously seem to have the background lightened, so I’m guessing it shouldn’t be an issue?
Well I guess it should be fine. As long as the background is still white and your face and complexion should not look altered in anyway.
Even my photo that i got clicked is a little white because of the flash but the photographer said that he has been doing it for a long time and for the shadows to not be visible, this is the only way. So I guess im just trusting him

Reactions: Candidatt

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Get your photos done by someone who has already taken photos for PPR. Much easier that way.

Candidatt

Jul 25, 2023
App. Filed.......
01-04-2024
AOR Received.
01-04-2024
Med's Request
27-05-2024
Med's Done....
01-06-2024
Yeah finding such a place will be quite a challenge but I’ll continue the search. Been to at least five different photo studios and none of them were familiar with the photo specs. One guy didn’t have a name for his studio and went completely silent when I mentioned the specs. He had edited the photo he had taken without any concern for my feedback. For 5 minutes he had his back facing me. Just him and me in his studio. Me trying to explain slowly and politely only for him to grunt “i have work to do, stop bugging me”. But it was just him and me in the studio.

The things we go through. Just sad. Hopefully I’ll find a decent photo studio soon.

Candidatt

Jul 25, 2023
App. Filed.......
01-04-2024
AOR Received.
01-04-2024
Med's Request
27-05-2024
Med's Done....
01-06-2024
Do you guys know your visa offices? @Candidatt @priyankabhalla
Yeah I know it, but don’t want to post it here at the moment. This photo studio thing has got me real stressed. The specs say that cutting and pasting on a white background constitutes alteration but the examples on the official website are literally pasted on a white background.

So what should I do, right? I’m just not in the mood for any more delays. If anyone had their photo taken by an experienced commercial photographer (with Canada-specific experience) can you please confirm whether the background was edited to the usual bright white background while the face was left untouched?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yeah finding such a place will be quite a challenge but I’ll continue the search. Been to at least five different photo studios and none of them were familiar with the photo specs. One guy didn’t have a name for his studio and went completely silent when I mentioned the specs. He had edited the photo he had taken without any concern for my feedback. For 5 minutes he had his back facing me. Just him and me in his studio. Me trying to explain slowly and politely only for him to grunt “i have work to do, stop bugging me”. But it was just him and me in the studio.

The things we go through. Just sad. Hopefully I’ll find a decent photo studio soon.
yes, be very specific about making no edits to your body. No retouching of hairs, face, etc - all could lead to rejection. Maybe, try to see how others from your country here(in the forum) got their PPR photos done would be more helpful?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yeah I know it, but don’t want to post it here at the moment. This photo studio thing has got me real stressed. The specs say that cutting and pasting on a white background constitutes alteration but the examples on the official website are literally pasted on a white background.

So what should I do, right? I’m just not in the mood for any more delays. If anyone had their photo taken by an experienced commercial photographer (with Canada-specific experience) can you please confirm whether the background was edited to the usual bright white background while the face was left untouched?
I don't think mine was a bright whitebackground either. It was simple white screen/pull down white background. I asked him to not touch my photo at all, he followed and it was accepted.

Candidatt

Jul 25, 2023
App. Filed.......
01-04-2024
AOR Received.
01-04-2024
Med's Request
27-05-2024
Med's Done....
01-06-2024
I don't think mine was a bright whitebackground either. It was simple white screen/pull down white background. I asked him to not touch my photo at all, he followed and it was accepted.
Thanks, I’ll make sure mine is not touched at all (similar to my eAPR version but that won’t be reused). And I pray, pray that I can find a place with a white pull down screen. That will be ideal. Did the camera have a flash by the way? A small white spot in the eye from the flash probably wouldn’t cause any issues.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi, I have no idea about mine

I had ordered GCMS notes last week, probably when I get the report I'll know. Also I got my PPR within 4 days of paying for the GCMS notes, how funny is that? Lol
GCMS notes have no impact on your approval. If a MP following up on application makes no impact, GCMS notes are just system info retrieval.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks, I’ll make sure mine is not touched at all (similar to my eAPR version but that won’t be reused). And I pray, pray that I can find a place with a white pull down screen. That will be ideal. Did the camera have a flash by the way? A small white spot in the eye from the flash probably wouldn’t cause any issues.
Honestly, I don't remember at all.

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
Hey, I got a Ghost update on my application today and noticed that the background check changed from:

"We are processing your background check , we will send you a message if we need more information" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"

Feels like a step backwards.. Any idea what that means?

I know that my security and eligbility checks are still pending based on the latest phone call with IRCC

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey, I got a Ghost update on my application today and noticed that the background check changed from:

"We are processing your background check , we will send you a message if we need more information" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"

Feels like a step backwards.. Any idea what that means?

I know that my security and eligbility checks are still pending based on the latest phone call with IRCC
>Feels like a step backwards
It doesn't mean anything significant. There are a few selected verified takes on the topic, everything else is just poor correlation.

If you had a call with IRCC, you know better than that legacy system updated(GCKey is a legacy system).

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
>Feels like a step backwards
It doesn't mean anything significant. There are a few selected verified takes on the topic, everything else is just poor correlation.

If you had a call with IRCC, you know better than that legacy system updated(GCKey is a legacy system).

Curious as to what are the verified takes on this topic? And thank you for your reply!