+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

FB_9192

May 21, 2016
Sous02 said:
Why did you not do IMM 5409? Have you considered getting it done and sending it in?
It specifically says in the guide that the form is only needed is the common-law partner is a co-signer. It shouldn't be needed for sponsorship. We double-checked this with a lawyer who said the same thing.

The form itself would be very difficult to complete here since it needs to be done in front of a notary, and the notaries in Brazil don't speak English. They would be able to attest to the validity of the signature, and would do this by adding big stamps in Portuguese, which would then need an official translation.

Anyways, it shouldn't be required, but some people here have said that they have been contacted afterwards by VOs requesting it.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
FB_9192 said:
Application was received April 12, and AOR on May 3. We have access to e-cas for both sponsor and applicant. We are getting anxious because we've seen posts from people who are also applying for common-law and have had calls from CIC saying they need IMM 5409 or to change the date of common-law from 12 months after moving in together to the date they moved in together. We didn't do either of these but haven't been contacted by CIC at all.

Where are you guys from in Brazil, and where are you moving to in Canada? :)

Thanks for this! We will try the 613 number. Unfortunately, they seem to be blocking all VOIP calls as well so no workaround there :-[
Hi!
We live in São Paulo and we really, really, really wanted to move before summer is over...
don't if it is possible!!!

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
johnybegood said:
The pr process sucks and it is hard to get a trv granted when u have a pr application in process....starting to get frustrated and depressed. ...i miss my wife and since i am a canadian i dont get to live the girl i married to just like all other people. ..my bad...i dont believe this system when refugees can come to canada in less than 3 months aftwr all screening and background checks when a tax payer like me who is contributing to canadas economy everyday and spending all my life working for the older population and mentally and developmentally ill people and my sweetheart need to wait fn 19 months to come live with me...freek
I echo how you feel. If they can do it in three months for some they can do it for others. We even had our son turned down for a trv to come visit me based on the purpose of trip How ridiculous. I was so shocked I sent it back in thinking they had to have been mistaken. No luck. Believe me our case could not be more straight forward. The thought that one VO who is god knows how old and may be having a bad day can sit in judgement on our relationship turns my stomach. But what can I do? Now nothing but after I am going to release this stress everywhere I can think of.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
FB_9192 said:
It specifically says in the guide that the form is only needed is the common-law partner is a co-signer. It shouldn't be needed for sponsorship. We double-checked this with a lawyer who said the same thing.

The form itself would be very difficult to complete here since it needs to be done in front of a notary, and the notaries in Brazil don't speak English. They would be able to attest to the validity of the signature, and would do this by adding big stamps in Portuguese, which would then need an official translation.

Anyways, it shouldn't be required, but some people here have said that they have been contacted afterwards by VOs requesting it.
I respectfully disagree with your lawyer. There is some inconsistency between VO's as to whether they want this form. (crazy) it is listed as a required form and attests to your union. Not sure where the lawyer got this thought. My opinion is to try and see if your VO has historically asked for this form. Search this forum using the imm 5409. Then you can decide if you should get it ready early to potentially save time.

bishankhn

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
Nomination.....
13-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
so i was told by call center agent to call on june 1st regarding my sa status, should i even bother? coz i saw so many ppl with my timeline were told to call a week after

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bishankhn said:
so i was told by call center agent to call on june 1st regarding my sa status, should i even bother? coz i saw so many ppl with my timeline were told to call a week after
No harm in calling, but do not get disappointed if they say no update

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
minniemouse said:
Hi!
We live in São Paulo and we really, really, really wanted to move before summer is over...
don't if it is possible!!!
Hello !! I live in São Paulo too !! :D

I applied for skilled worked in Dec 2011 and Oct 2014 I received an email saying I am in a list for the next CSQ interview in Brazil.
As it is taking too much time, my boyfriend decided to be my sponsor and we started to check and analyze the docs.
I have some doubts.

1 - Do I have to send the medical exams when we send the process or they will ask me it when the approve the process?
2 - Do I have to send any docs do Consulate of São Paulo?
3 - Could you inform your timeline? the website is saying 8 months for Brazil outland process. I hope it can be less....
4 - Could you add my phone at Whatsapp? 11 958515642

Thanks

May2016

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-06-2016 AOR2 : 02-08-2016
Med's Done....
12-05-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2017
LANDED..........
Per my Convenience.... :)
Hi Folks !

I am an end of May 2016 applicant and since i believe there are people who are far more experienced/familiar with the process available in this thread.

Could someone please advice on the chances of Visitor visa approval (post application). My spouse is having a full-time job with a multi-national company and is working with it from last 6 years. She would be able to manage leave on approval letter for 3 weeks and her old salary records (bank a/c, ITR's etc.). Please suggest if there is a scope of visitor visa approval and if so what would be the correct time to apply (post Sponsor application approved, file no. received ...??)

Thanks in advance !!

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
wyho007 said:
CIC has been inconsistent, maybe every 2 weeks?
Can be ....long time thu

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Sous02 said:
I echo how you feel. If they can do it in three months for some they can do it for others. We even had our son turned down for a trv to come visit me based on the purpose of trip How ridiculous. I was so shocked I sent it back in thinking they had to have been mistaken. No luck. Believe me our case could not be more straight forward. The thought that one VO who is god knows how old and may be having a bad day can sit in judgement on our relationship turns my stomach. But what can I do? Now nothing but after I am going to release this stress everywhere I can think of.
You are right and it was crazy how they denied entry to ur 8 year old on the besis of the purposes of visit; what can be the purpose u already mentioned get used to the country before permanently move in

Khuda

Jun 1, 2016
Hello! I am actually not new in this forum but had to create a new account that's why it's kinda new :p It's been awhile since I last visited and read posts here. I am hoping I can get a reply or advise on my situation. I was sponsored under conjugal in 2009, landed in 2011 June and and in a common-law relationship until June 2013. Unfortunately, our relationship didn't last, and I have no contact with my ex partner.

I met my wife now in 2014 and got married on Jan 2015 here in Canada. We are in a same sex relationship, by the way. My wife was studying in the US when I met her and moved in with me here in Toronto on Oct 2014 for almost 6 months as tourist. At that time, I didn't sponsor her before because I thought I was under the five year bar. I was really confused of what it really meant. It says that if you were sponsored before March 2012, you are not affected of this change. My confusion is if it's me who were sponsored before March 2012 or if I will sponsor my wife which will be after March 2012.

We decided to go back home on April 2015 and tried our luck in the Philippines and because we didn't want her to overstay and break the rules. Let me say we had our time together for a year ( like honeymoon stage lol) before I went back home in Toronto.

Anyway, just to be sure, I am out of the 5 year bar in June 10, 2016. To be on the safe side we decided to file our application in July of this year. She's currently in the Philippines, I am now working with my previous employer since May 16,2016. While I was doing the Sponsor Forms I need an advice on some of the few questions, so it will just be one shot for us. Please see below

1) If I were sponsored under spouse, conjugal, common law in 5 years preceding this application Do not submit as I will not be eligible to sponsor a spouse. Does this apply to me? I believe it's not because I was sponsored in 2009 under conjugal. Please confirm

2) What was my personal income in the last 12 months preceding this application. I am really not sure if there's a minimum requirement in sponsoring a spouse. My amount included is the one I got from my tax refund and salary from my start date until June 30. ( because I plan to submit our application on July 4) Would this be enough? Though we have a joint account in the Philippines and a little savings. Should we include a bank statement as supporting document?

3) Because I was sponsored under conjugal and was in common law relationship for 2 years, do I need Declaration of Severance of Common- Law? Or my Option C in 2014 and 2015 would show my status and of course my Marriage Certificate to prove that I severed my relationship with my ex?

4) My wife stayed in the US for almost 2 years, 5 months as tourist and the rest as student. Hence, she has to get police certificate from FBI. It would take 60 days as per their website to issue a police clearance. Can I already send our application and provide a letter that it's requested and just waiting for it? So that our application would start and send to Manila office for processing?

I know this is quite long, I am hoping for your patience to read and provide advise :p I can't think of anything now. Thank you, all in advance!

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Khuda said:
Hello! I am actually not new in this forum but had to create a new account that's why it's kinda new :p It's been awhile since I last visited and read posts here. I am hoping I can get a reply or advise on my situation. I was sponsored under conjugal in 2009, landed in 2011 June and and in a common-law relationship until June 2013. Unfortunately, our relationship didn't last, and I have no contact with my ex partner.

I met my wife now in 2014 and got married on Jan 2015 here in Canada. We are in a same sex relationship, by the way. My wife was studying in the US when I met her and moved in with me here in Toronto on Oct 2014 for almost 6 months as tourist. At that time, I didn't sponsor her before because I thought I was under the five year bar. I was really confused of what it really meant. It says that if you were sponsored before March 2012, you are not affected of this change. My confusion is if it's me who were sponsored before March 2012 or if I will sponsor my wife which will be after March 2012.

We decided to go back home on April 2015 and tried our luck in the Philippines and because we didn't want her to overstay and break the rules. Let me say we had our time together for a year ( like honeymoon stage lol) before I went back home in Toronto.

Anyway, just to be sure, I am out of the 5 year bar in June 10, 2016. To be on the safe side we decided to file our application in July of this year. She's currently in the Philippines, I am now working with my previous employer since May 16,2016. While I was doing the Sponsor Forms I need an advice on some of the few questions, so it will just be one shot for us. Please see below

1) If I were sponsored under spouse, conjugal, common law in 5 years preceding this application Do not submit as I will not be eligible to sponsor a spouse. Does this apply to me? I believe it's not because I was sponsored in 2009 under conjugal. Please confirm

2) What was my personal income in the last 12 months preceding this application. I am really not sure if there's a minimum requirement in sponsoring a spouse. My amount included is the one I got from my tax refund and salary from my start date until June 30. ( because I plan to submit our application on July 4) Would this be enough? Though we have a joint account in the Philippines and a little savings. Should we include a bank statement as supporting document?

3) Because I was sponsored under conjugal and was in common law relationship for 2 years, do I need Declaration of Severance of Common- Law? Or my Option C in 2014 and 2015 would show my status and of course my Marriage Certificate to prove that I severed my relationship with my ex?

4) My wife stayed in the US for almost 2 years, 5 months as tourist and the rest as student. Hence, she has to get police certificate from FBI. It would take 60 days as per their website to issue a police clearance. Can I already send our application and provide a letter that it's requested and just waiting for it? So that our application would start and send to Manila office for processing?

I know this is quite long, I am hoping for your patience to read and provide advise :p I can't think of anything now. Thank you, all in advance!
Although, i cannot answer on 1 and 3...for
Q2 - There is no minimum income requirement for sponsoring spouse. Get an employement certificate from your employer, which lists your salary details. Yes, income tax document for your previous year must be included if you have them.

Bank statement will act as supporting document as part of immigrant/sponsor relationship proof documentation

Q4 - It take 12 to 14 weeks to get FBI PCC, and not 60 days. Yes, you can mention that PCC document would be submitted on request.

For other questions, i would depend on other's expertise in this forum.

linabuch

Apr 28, 2016
Received COPR in the mail yesterday! I added it to the spreadsheet. Does anyone know if I would have to officially "land" as a PR the next time I cross the border? I'm asking because I need to go up there before we move all of our belongings. If I do land as a PR can I cross the border with a uhaul a month or so after without having to add taxes, etc?

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
linabuch said:
Received COPR in the mail yesterday! I added it to the spreadsheet. Does anyone know if I would have to officially "land" as a PR the next time I cross the border? I'm asking because I need to go up there before we move all of our belongings. If I do land as a PR can I cross the border with a uhaul a month or so after without having to add taxes, etc?
Congrats !!! nice to see a fast processing from Ottawa again

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
linabuch said:
no, you don't have to land the next time you come to canada. the only rule is you need to land before the expiration date listed on your COPR.

As long as you declare the belongings (either as goods with you or goods to follow) AND submit the B4 forms (recently renumbered) at landing, then it doesn't matter when you bring your items up after you land. There is no time limit for bringing in goods that are declared on B4 forms at landing. You'd be subject to taxes if you try to bring your items up BEFORE landing as a permanent resident or did not declare the items on the B4.