Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA : 15.07.2016
Med's Done....
upfront
So no AOR1 as of yet, but

CIC have updated their processing times to be country-specific, so for applicants from the UK its up to 14months instead of the 17months ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Singh23

Star Member
Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 28-04-2016, AOR 2: 16-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
For India, processing time has gone up from 17 to 20 Months :'( :(

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
The new processing times (again) are likely still fairly inaccurate, just as they were before. It says 15 months for applicants from the US, and we all know how fast Ottawa is processing applications now. Even US applications that I've seen go to Los Angeles haven't taken that long. It's still the time it takes to process 80% of applications.

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
LongDistanceLife said:
I just compared the older application form to the new one, and other than a slight change in word spacing in one sentence, i saw no difference. *panic over* :)

So i'm on the CIC Client Application Status page which it says they update the application status on Tuesdays. The visa package was tracked and the courier delivered it to their offices yesterday, but still can see no acknowledgement of it on the CIC website ugh :(

I submitted my Application on April 7th and received by CPO Mississauga on April 8th as per "Tracking #". No word yet from them. I tried to check on eCAS but don't have "Identification Type", and "Identification Number". Where do I find them? or that comes from them? Thanks for help.

li-lai-lai

Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
barse said:
I submitted my Application on April 7th and received by CPO Mississauga on April 8th as per "Tracking #". No word yet from them. I tried to check on eCAS but don't have "Identification Type", and "Identification Number". Where do I find them? or that comes from them? Thanks for help.
Same here. I applied on the same day as yours and still nothing from cic. Let's see who can get an aor first

cheesecake2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hi, may I ask what are the most document requested from CIC after submitting spousal application if my husband i am sponsoring is from the Philippines? and why? Thanks.

anu0922

Jul 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016-04-01
AOR Received.
2016-4-26
File Transfer...
2016-05-13
Decoy24601 said:
The new processing times (again) are likely still fairly inaccurate, just as they were before. It says 15 months for applicants from the US, and we all know how fast Ottawa is processing applications now. Even US applications that I've seen go to Los Angeles haven't taken that long. It's still the time it takes to process 80% of applications.
Where can I find the process time by country? I just checked it still shows 17 months?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
anu0922 said:
Where can I find the process time by country? I just checked it still shows 17 months?
There's a third option to select the country you are applying from. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Fel2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2016
Interview........
22-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
Hello, I submitted my application around the same time. It was received by Mississauga office on April 7th. I received an email confirmation today, April 29th with the Client ID number. Now it's the waiting game for the next step. Hopefully yours will be sent out soon. Good luck!

barse said:

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
barse said:
You get all those details when you get aor

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
li-lai-lai said:
Same here. I applied on the same day as yours and still nothing from cic. Let's see who can get an aor first

Yes, I am sponsoring my wife who is living in Germany. My Application package received by Mississuaga CPO on April 8th (as per Tracking #), no word yet.

After going through this forum my heart beat is ABNORMALY increasing and may develop heart problems due to number of REG FLAGS:

1. We had previous relationship (I lived with common-law for about 20 years, separated for 6years now. While she had a year long marriage ending with divorce not long ago)
2. I have children (she doesn't)
3. I am older than her by 14 years
4. After our initial communication (late October 2015) to our marriage (Mid-December 2015) is very short period. (the fact is we were born and raised in same neighbourhood till I move away for education and job - so our relatives are very close to each others. and we had attachment of memories at young age but no intimate intention at that time. we had no communication for the past 15 years but we seek each other silently. After one week query into each other's current life, we were happy to fall into others' arm. )
5. My quick first time visit plan for 2 weeks was made to include quick marriage ceremony - very short time together. The intention was to save time - we had no idea of this process at that time.
6. The Marriage was not attended by anyone from either side due to quick plan and distance (but we are going to have big one on her arrival)
7. When submitting the application, I did not pay the Landing Fee ($499? I thought it is better to pay when cleared on the other side)
8. We haven't established links yet such as financial one (having common account) etc but we will consider one soon
9. She lives as PR and did not feel the need to apply for citizenship (Passport is easy travel due to schengen visa to VISIT Canada during the process than PR Traveling docs)
10. We talk every day using WhatsApp for more than 1-3 hours (even more when both are off-work) and the problem with this is you can not print CALL LOGS in details. I presented 'screen shots' of my cell phone of WhatsApp Call logs.

I guess, I better expect RETURN of the package than AOR :(

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
LongDistanceLife said:
So no AOR1 as of yet, but

CIC have updated their processing times to be country-specific, so for applicants from the UK its up to 14months instead of the 17months ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Decoy24601 said:
Seems Australia is at 11 months, the UK at 14, USA at 15 and within canada is 16.

So fairly safe to say this is inaccurate.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Fel2016 said:
Hello, I submitted my application around the same time. It was received by Mississauga office on April 7th. I received an email confirmation today, April 29th with the Client ID number. Now it's the waiting game for the next step. Hopefully yours will be sent out soon. Good luck!
Congratulations Fel2016. I've input your details into the spreadsheet (link in my signature) so you can keep up with how other applicants from similar VO's and timelines are doing. Feel free to update it as you get more information :)

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
barse said:
Yes, I am sponsoring my wife who is living in Germany. My Application package received by Mississuaga CPO on April 8th (as per Tracking #), no word yet.

After going through this forum my heart beat is ABNORMALY increasing and may develop heart problems due to number of REG FLAGS:

1. We had previous relationship (I lived with common-law for about 20 years, separated for 6years now. While she had a year long marriage ending with divorce not long ago)
2. I have children (she doesn't)
3. I am older than her by 14 years
4. After our initial communication (late October 2015) to our marriage (Mid-December 2015) is very short period. (the fact is we were born and raised in same neighbourhood till I move away for education and job - so our relatives are very close to each others. and we had attachment of memories at young age but no intimate intention at that time. we had no communication for the past 15 years but we seek each other silently. After one week query into each other's current life, we were happy to fall into others' arm. )
5. My quick first time visit plan for 2 weeks was made to include quick marriage ceremony - very short time together. The intention was to save time - we had no idea of this process at that time.
6. The Marriage was not attended by anyone from either side due to quick plan and distance (but we are going to have big one on her arrival)
7. When submitting the application, I did not pay the Landing Fee ($499? I thought it is better to pay when cleared on the other side)
8. We haven't established links yet such as financial one (having common account) etc but we will consider one soon
9. She lives as PR and did not feel the need to apply for citizenship (Passport is easy travel due to schengen visa to VISIT Canada during the process than PR Traveling docs)
10. We talk every day using WhatsApp for more than 1-3 hours (even more when both are off-work) and the problem with this is you can not print CALL LOGS in details. I presented 'screen shots' of my cell phone of WhatsApp Call logs.

I guess, I better expect RETURN of the package than AOR :(
Before you jump to conclusions be aware that many people are in the same situation as you who havent received AOR yet. There are people who submitted before you who havent got AOR yet. SO hold in there and dont expect the worst yet. its been 21 days since your application was received and it can take upwards of 37 days, so give it time.

as for those red flags, many people have similar situations also. But if they were the circumstances of your marriage and it was genuine, then you will be fine. They may request interviews, but as you are applying through Vienna, it is unlikely. You'll get AOR soon. Theyd only return the application if there were things missing.

Good luck!

anu0922

Jul 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016-04-01
AOR Received.
2016-4-26
File Transfer...
2016-05-13
Decoy24601 said:
There's a third option to select the country you are applying from. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Thanks for the link. I checked it again, but it only shows " what are you applying for?""who are you sponsor?"
There is no third option for country! So weird! Is anyone can tell me how long is the processing time for Hong Kong office? Thanks!