Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
anu0922 said:
I understand. Even though I got my AOR , I still think they might send my application back to me as I made some mistakes.
I have the same problem....knowing that you make some mistakes after sending out the application is very stressful...im hoping they dont send back my package, but will definitely fix it once i have the AOR.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
As someone who had his package sent back I can tell you what a horrible feeling it is! I was so busy checking all of those crazy details I missed the most obvious being the correct amount of money to send. I chose 75 instead of $150 for the second person. How many times I checked every other detail!! I can say that you will recover. This is a crazy process but the only one we have.
Here are a few things I learned.
1. The package came back very quickly. Less than two weeks. So I think it gets opened fairly soon. then sent for the AOR process. I think at the beginning they look for obvious errors like mine.
2. They take apart all of our fancy organization and put it in the order they like as one giant package. Starting with the sponsor, then the applicant then proof.
3. I really believe that if it is a detail you are missing and not the whole form you will most likely get a chance to address the problem.
4. I will wait for the application to go to the VO and then I am going to send in an update on our relationship since the wedding and the application being sent in. From what I have read what happens after the wedding is almost more important. They especially like to see evidence of a normal relationship. That is one where you talk about boring life topics and not just how much you love each other.
The last thing I have learned is that I give up! I did the best I could putting this together across two continents, language and bureaucracy issues and it is what it is!
It is out of my hands.
Just my own personal observations folks and good luck to everyone!

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
Sous02 said:
As someone who had his package sent back I can tell you what a horrible feeling it is! I was so busy checking all of those crazy details I missed the most obvious being the correct amount of money to send. I chose 75 instead of $150 for the second person. How many times I checked every other detail!! I can say that you will recover. This is a crazy process but the only one we have.
1. The package came back very quickly. Less than two weeks. So I think it gets opened fairly soon. then sent for the AOR process. I think at the beginning they look for obvious errors like mine.
2. They take apart all of our fancy organization and put it in the order they like as one giant package. Starting with the sponsor, then the applicant then proof.
3. I really believe that if it is a detail you are missing and not the whole form you will most likely get a chance to address the problem.
4. I will wait for the application to go to the VO and then I am going to send in an update on our relationship since the wedding and the application being sent in. From what I have read what happens after the wedding is almost more important. They especially like to see evidence of a normal relationship. That is one where you talk about boring life topics and not just how much you love each other.
The last thing I have learned is that I give up! I did the best I could putting this together across two continents, language and bureaucracy issues and it is what it is!
It is out of my hands.
I hope what happens after the wedding isn't super important because my husband and I only got married at the beginning of April. We've been together for almost 2 years and he is here in Canada for 1 year on an IEC visa which is super great. But we wanted sponsorship to hopefully come through before this visa expires. I hope they don't get squirrelly on us just because we applied so fast after the wedding...

anu0922

Jul 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016-04-01
AOR Received.
2016-4-26
File Transfer...
2016-05-13
li-lai-lai said:
I have the same problem....knowing that you make some mistakes after sending out the application is very stressful...im hoping they dont send back my package, but will definitely fix it once i have the AOR.
I fixed it right after I send the application with tracking number. I hope they will replace the old one. Good luck to you too!

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Okay - This is where I belong too _ The April 2016 group (will have group pics one day Smiley.

I am sponsoring my wife from Germany, Frankfurt. I guess the VO will be Vienna.

I mailed completed Application (including Police report and evidence of her doing medical checkup) on April 7th via Canada Post to Mississauga CPO, recieved on April 8th, 2016 (as per Tracking #).

No word yet on AOR.

I saw somewhere about 'Use of Representative' form - We did not complete or sign it as we are not using anyone else, but our selves for this case. Should my application be rejected for that? Lips sealed

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Sous02 said:
It is out of my hands.
The after the wedding part... we've been married for 7 years. I wasn't sure what to include. I mostly have pics of us on vacation in the summers and then at Christmas. So they're getting the wedding which was very simple and at city hall, then pics of us on vacation and at Christmas or at a party. I took a pic of us packing a box to send to Canada and we shipped it and I photocopied the receipt for them. lol. I hope I did enough but after 7 years of marriage, what do they want? That's what I want to know. I am from Toronto so when visiting Canada we obviously go to Niagara falls and harbourfront and once we went to Wonderland so I have pics of us there too and I read that that is a cause for suspicion, but why? It's normal.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
barse said:
Okay - This is where I belong too _ The April 2016 group (will have group pics one day Smiley.

I mailed completed Application (including Police report and evidence of her doing medical checkup) on April 7th via Canada Post to Mississauga CPO, recieved on April 8th, 2016 (as per Tracking #).

No word yet on AOR.

I saw somewhere about 'Use of Representative' form - We did not complete or sign it as we are not using anyone else, but our selves for this case. Should my application be rejected for that? Lips sealed
We didn't include or sign that either as we aren't using a representative. Ditto for the dependents part. Welcome to the group. There's an April spreadsheet too that you can add yourself to. I think your app will go to the Vienna office too. Mine should go to the Rome office as my husband is Italian and we live together in Italy. I can't wait to get PR. Good luck to you.

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
barse said:

No word yet on AOR.

That is where my husband is from!

We did not complete that form either because we are just doing everything ourselves. They only time that I've heard of this being a problem is when people put their sponsor's mailing address, but the residential address for the applicant is there home country. CIC cannot send correspondence to the sponsor without permission (use of representative form)

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
CanGer said:
That is where my husband is from!

We did not complete that form either because we are just doing everything ourselves. They only time that I've heard of this being a problem is when people put their sponsor's mailing address, but the residential address for the applicant is there home country. CIC cannot send correspondence to the sponsor without permission (use of representative form)

Great! Got it :D
Let me be hopeful! Things will go the right direction.
Thank you all for welcoming me and will check the spreadsheet.

li-lai-lai

Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
anu0922 said:
I fixed it right after I send the application with tracking number. I hope they will replace the old one. Good luck to you too!
Im just gonna wait til i get my AOR so that I can have a reference number to refer to, so scared of the officers will misplace it or simply just ignore it if the letter comes from nowhere(when we are not even on the system yet).

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
li-lai-lai said:

kathi2

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Hey everyone!

It's nice to have a group of people going through the same stuff :) I'm being sponsored by my husband who is Canadian. He received his AOR1 on April 23rd. Let's hope things will go well!

behrooz66

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
kathi2 said:
Hey everyone!

It's nice to have a group of people going through the same stuff :) I'm being sponsored by my husband who is Canadian. He received his AOR1 on April 23rd. Let's hope things will go well!
When was his package received in Mississuaga?

Singh23

Star Member
Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 28-04-2016, AOR 2: 16-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..