IELTS Request
Sent with the app.
File Transfer...
10-3-2011
Med's Request
17-5-2011
Interview........
Waived
Dear moegbenga sorry to hear what happen but i think you have a very good chance to cover all the stuff needed in their letter and send again and this time i think you will get in easily

Amro

mptocanada

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they should be working till the time you get the PER.. I am still awating the first communication from CIC about my application sent on 18-Sep-2010. Hope you get the Visa soon... All the best and have a wonderful year (in Canada :) )

molarius

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
good day to all! today (dec23, 2010) we got the returned application that we thought was lost... a letter from CIO indicated that the application kit was returned to our mailing address on AUGUST 26, 2010.... after almost 4 months it arrived...
In the explanation letter the reason was that the IELTS result was more than 1 year old..... that was the only reason they indicated why our application was returned... we are so happy that we got our application kit back..
In the previous letter I received it was noted... If you cannot locate the application, it will be necessary for you to file a new application along with all the necessary info.... since we were able to locate the application kit can we just send the same application & just include the new IELTS result?
my question:
1. The photos were taken 7 months ago
2. Police certificate is more than 3 months old...
3. the bank certificates were issued AUGUST....

do we need to update these documents or we can just send the same application kit that was returned to us plus the NEW IELTS results.. anyway it is not our fault that it took almost 4 months... since it is just regular mail.. I wished that it was returned via courier like FEDEX,DHL etc..because it would reach us in a weeks time rather than 4 months.... even if we have to pay for it rather than wonder if our applications are lost..... it was so stressful not knowing...
I am just thankful that it is with us now...

hope you can advise us on this..
thank you very much

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
molarius said:
good day to all! today (dec23, 2010) we got the returned application that we thought was lost... a letter from CIO indicated that the application kit was returned to our mailing address on AUGUST 26, 2010.... after almost 4 months it arrived...
In the explanation letter the reason was that the IELTS result was more than 1 year old..... that was the only reason they indicated why our application was returned... we are so happy that we got our application kit back..
In the previous letter I received it was noted... If you cannot locate the application, it will be necessary for you to file a new application along with all the necessary info.... since we were able to locate the application kit can we just send the same application & just include the new IELTS result?
my question:
1. The photos were taken 7 months ago
2. Police certificate is more than 3 months old...
3. the bank certificates were issued AUGUST....

do we need to update these documents or we can just send the same application kit that was returned to us plus the NEW IELTS results.. anyway it is not our fault that it took almost 4 months... since it is just regular mail.. I wished that it was returned via courier like FEDEX,DHL etc..because it would reach us in a weeks time rather than 4 months.... even if we have to pay for it rather than wonder if our applications are lost..... it was so stressful not knowing...
I am just thankful that it is with us now...

hope you can advise us on this..
thank you very much

Ok, CIO will not consider this application as being received and will have no record of any of your details on their system, other than the date they returned the application.

Therefore my advice would be to:
1) Reprint all your forms and sign them with the current date

2) Definitely get a new PCC if this is only going to take a few weeks. If it is going to take longer than send without PCC as per new guidelines you are able to do this, and then get PCC at visa office stage but IMO do not risk sending an out of date PCC (there is still some ambiguity as to whether PCC over 3 months old can be accepted. Even if they can you will almost certainly need new ones at VO stage anyway else they will get over 1 year old before decision is made)

3) 7 month old photos will still be ok IMO as long as your appearance has not drammatically changed since then. After all photos on passports are valid for up to 10 years.

4) It will be worth getting a new bank certificate and if possible new statements to prove that the money has been in your possession since you last applied

5) Make sure you include an explanatory letter saying that your previous application was declined due to out of date IELTS results, and this explains why your work references are several months old. I am fairly sure your work experience references will be accepted but IMO it is important to explain why they are older.

Your NOC is only just over 1/3rd full and is unlikely to even hit the cap before 30th June 2011, therefore time is on your side! :) Don't panic, just reprint and get your application together again calmly and double check everything before you re-send it.

In our letter to CIO (which has never been replied to) we suggested that people have the option to include a courier fee as well as their payment fee, and if their application is returned for any reason it can be sent by courier rather than standard Canada post.

But alas our suggestion seems to have fallen on deaf ears :(

Best of luck!
Wayne.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Cappuccino said:
I agree. Even if nothing is issued today, there are still at least 3 full working days next week (possibly 4 if Canada are having Friday/Monday as bank holiday). So that's 4 days they can be issuing PERs!

We have nobody applied on 3rd/4th September which may explain why it has been silent for a day or two!

I think queencougar will get PER one day next week, along with several other September applicants! :)

Best of luck, and pls give our regards to your OH when he gets home!

Wayne.
Thanks, Wayne, I will give him your regards.
My assessment of the way they are working at CIO is that they are getting through apps at quite a rate and I think they will continue to do so. The last thing they want is a backlog to develop of post June 26th apps because they are still processing pre-June and old Cat 1 list apps. Two backlogs from two different systems would be a nightmare for them and the VOs.
I believe that after the consultation that resulted in the June changes CIC are committed to getting the processing times down for good applicants to fulfil their statements of intent for immigration i.e. to provide Canada with immigrants who will contribute to the skilled workforce. They lost out to Australia, NZ ad elsewhere due to the long processing times before and they do not want this to happen again. Although they will have staff on holiday (and who can blame them?) I do not think they will shut up shop completely for anything except the statutory holidays.
I also think they will have separate arrangements at the VOs for post June apps for the same reason.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
queencougar said:
Thanks, Wayne, I will give him your regards.
My assessment of the way they are working at CIO is that they are getting through apps at quite a rate and I think they will continue to do so. The last thing they want is a backlog to develop of post June 26th apps because they are still processing pre-June and old Cat 1 list apps. Two backlogs from two different systems would be a nightmare for them and the VOs.
I believe that after the consultation that resulted in the June changes CIC are committed to getting the processing times down for good applicants to fulfil their statements of intent for immigration i.e. to provide Canada with immigrants who will contribute to the skilled workforce. They lost out to Australia, NZ ad elsewhere due to the long processing times before and they do not want this to happen again. Although they will have staff on holiday (and who can blame them?) I do not think they will shut up shop completely for anything except the statutory holidays.
I also think they will have separate arrangements at the VOs for post June apps for the same reason.
Hmm yes the biggest mystery now is what actually happens when post-June-26 applications arrive at visa office? They surely cannot just queue up behind the pre-June-26 applications by received date because the new applications are at a more advanced stage, having already had their final eligibility review performed.

So IMO one of 2 things will happen
1) There will be a completely different team dedicated to post-June-26 applications
2) The post-June-26 applications will kinda be queued behind pre-June-26 applications BUT only behind those which are already awaiting their security/background checks.

Either way the length of time spent at visa office will be less than the pre-June-26 timescales.
I guess we'll find out over the next month or two.
Wayne.

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hmm yes the biggest mystery now is what actually happens when post-June-26 applications arrive at visa office? They surely cannot just queue up behind the pre-June-26 applications by received date because the new applications are at a more advanced stage, having already had their final eligibility review performed.

So IMO one of 2 things will happen
1) There will be a completely different team dedicated to post-June-26 applications
2) The post-June-26 applications will kinda be queued behind pre-June-26 applications BUT only behind those which are already awaiting their security/background checks.

Either way the length of time spent at visa office will be less than the pre-June-26 timescales.
I guess we'll find out over the next month or two.
Wayne.
Your ability to think of things I had never even contemplated never fails to amaze me :) I'm desperately hoping that those of us who have our PERs now will get our visas within the next 6 months, and if it's a dedicated team, there's a significant chance of that in my view.

rilov

Star Member
May 27, 2010
CanadaJimmy said:
Your ability to think of things I had never even contemplated never fails to amaze me :) I'm desperately hoping that those of us who have our PERs now will get our visas within the next 6 months, and if it's a dedicated team, there's a significant chance of that in my view.

You are on FSW2 and I guess your time line will be different from others. It will be a quicker process for you...:) . I am also worried as my job is depend on this PR ..other wise its big fight for getting the LMO and work permit.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
rilov said:
You are on FSW2 and I guess your time line will be different from others. It will be a quicker process for you...:) . I am also worried as my job is depend on this PR ..other wise its big fight for getting the LMO and work permit.
I think the process for FSW2 will be pretty much the same as FSW1. Maybe very slighter quicker because visa office will not need to assess proof of funds for FSW2 applicants, but other than that I cannot see much difference. The only other differences (NOC cap limit and the requirement to have 1 year's experience in one of the 29 NOC classes) have already been assessed during the final eligibility review at CIO.

I think once at visa office FSW1 and FSW2 will see very similar timelines.

Wayne.

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
rilov said:
I am on FSW2 and I have applied for LMO again and I'm waiting for the result. I asked the company to apply for 3 years instead of 1 year this time. In case I don't get the PR Visa until next year I won't have to apply for LMO again.
I'm not sure the officer will give 3 years LMO easily but at least I tried.

6 months processing time for Buffalo visa office is the best if it is true.
I don't think the procedure for FSW2 is different from FSW1. Everything we submit is exactly the same as FSW1 except a letter from our company and LMO. So it woun't be that much different in terms of processing.

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016

I have sent an email to Buffalo Visa office regarding the police certificate and they answered me.
I put everything here as it is a general question and may one of you have same question. Please give your idea or experience.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is ................, I am an ......... citizen. I left ........ and I have been living outside of ........ since March 2008. I currently live in Canada with work permit. I have applied for immigration under Federal Skilled Worker-Arranged Employment category. I have submitted my documents to CIC office (Sydney-Nova Scotia) and it is under process. Based on instruction at the time I submitted my documents, police certificate was not requested therefore I didn’t attach it with my application file.

I plan to visit ........... on February 2011 and I have the opportunity to apply for police certificate during my short visit.

I understand that based on your policies, police checks are only valid for 3 months; however, since I am no longer a resident of ........ and currently reside in Canada, would your office accept my police check even after three months of issue?

I would appreciate if you could kindly take into consideration that it is very difficult to travel between ........ and Canada.

Furthermore, the alternative option of requesting a police check from the ........ embassy in Canada will take 4-5 months to issue which will expire by the time it reaches your office.

I look forward to hearing from you and should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely"

And this is their answer:

"We are unable to provide individual counselling nor can we provide assistance in completing your application form.

You should follow the instructions in the application kit. If you are unable to supply any of the documents or information requested, please enclose a detailed letter of explanation when you submit your application.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

Rina

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
hopefully soon
IELTS Request
sent with application - 8.5 band score
LANDED..........
2011?
I have a question:

I have been in the United States as a student for the last 6 years or so. I finished my studies and my student visa will expire in a few months. With an extension to a tourist visa (that would give me 'til August 2011), do you guys think this will give me enough time to continue on with my Buffalo visa office?

Is there a possibility to change the visa office in the case that the whole process takes too long?

What do you guys think?

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
CanadaJimmy said:
I think that is certainly what will happen. The new applicants are the people they actually want now and I am fairly sure they will take priority.
Sadly for them, I think the Cat 1 applicants whose jobs were struck off the list in the June changes will be at the back of the queue. Despite the fact that they fulfilled the requirements when they applied, all the evidence is that they are being overtaken by more recent applicants. (There is thread after thread on other forums proving this.) Also, in common with recent applicants whose apps are incomplete or incorrect, CIO are taking any chance to reject these applicants but if they can't find any reason to do so, they just seem to be putting other applicants in front of them and leaving them hanging.
I read a report from an experienced immigration lawyer recently that said that the days of Cat 1 were numbered.
In the meantime, I think the whole process will be very selective and quite ruthless. Applications will not necessarily be processed in strict date order, but those who do pass each phase will overtake those who hit a block of any sort, move very quickly to the next stage and will see their PR more quickly than before.
Getting these people through from start to finish is going to help their figures and prevent the backlog from becoming a huge, unmanageable paper heap.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
MOLARIUS!!!! Whew...who EVER thought we'd be happy to see a returned application? For crying out loud! Anyway, I am so glad that mystery is solved and the reason for the return is easy to solve. I've just read Wayne's great reply to you. I wonder if it is a lengthy process for you to get a renewed PCC (significantly longer than it would take to get the IELTS), would it be an idea to include the one you have with a cover letter explaining you are more than willing to provide an update upon request. If it isn't a hardship to provide a new one, then go for it as Wayne suggests. Good luck!!

Rina

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
hopefully soon
IELTS Request
sent with application - 8.5 band score
LANDED..........
2011?
mari1981 said:

I have sent an email to Buffalo Visa office regarding the police certificate and they answered me.
I put everything here as it is a general question and may one of you have same question. Please give your idea or experience.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is ................, I am an ......... citizen. I left ........ and I have been living outside of ........ since March 2008. I currently live in Canada with work permit. I have applied for immigration under Federal Skilled Worker-Arranged Employment category. I have submitted my documents to CIC office (Sydney-Nova Scotia) and it is under process. Based on instruction at the time I submitted my documents, police certificate was not requested therefore I didn't attach it with my application file.

I plan to visit ........... on February 2011 and I have the opportunity to apply for police certificate during my short visit.

I understand that based on your policies, police checks are only valid for 3 months; however, since I am no longer a resident of ........ and currently reside in Canada, would your office accept my police check even after three months of issue?

I would appreciate if you could kindly take into consideration that it is very difficult to travel between ........ and Canada.

Furthermore, the alternative option of requesting a police check from the ........ embassy in Canada will take 4-5 months to issue which will expire by the time it reaches your office.

I look forward to hearing from you and should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely"

And this is their answer:

"We are unable to provide individual counselling nor can we provide assistance in completing your application form.

You should follow the instructions in the application kit. If you are unable to supply any of the documents or information requested, please enclose a detailed letter of explanation when you submit your application.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca"
Hi Mari, I remember that I had sent to Buffalo a whole bunch of questions before I even applied, to make sure my docs were correct. They gave me the same answer. I assume, you will be able to get a better answer, once your file has received the PER and is being transferred to Buffalo.