Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
Rina said:
Hi Mari, I remember that I had sent to Buffalo a whole bunch of questions before I even applied, to make sure my docs were correct. They gave me the same answer. I assume, you will be able to get a better answer, once your file has received the PER and is being transferred to Buffalo.
Thank you Rina, you are right.
I should wait for PER then with a file number I can get a better answer. This should be just a general answer they give to everyone probably :)
I hope to get PER in Jan :'(

Rina

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
hopefully soon
IELTS Request
sent with application - 8.5 band score
LANDED..........
2011?
mari1981 said:
I should wait for PER then with a file number I can get a better answer. This should be just a general answer they give to everyone probably :)
You're welcome. Good luck with your application!

rilov

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Cappuccino said:
I think the process for FSW2 will be pretty much the same as FSW1. Maybe very slighter quicker because visa office will not need to assess proof of funds for FSW2 applicants, but other than that I cannot see much difference. The only other differences (NOC cap limit and the requirement to have 1 year's experience in one of the 29 NOC classes) have already been assessed during the final eligibility review at CIO.

I think once at visa office FSW1 and FSW2 will see very similar timelines.

Wayne.
AEO get Priority processing at all Canadian Immigration Visa Offices (except Buffalo) . I read it somewhere and if you check the status of AEO application in visa office across the world . for genuine case ( Offer from recognized employer ) their processing time is very less compare to the normal process.

Reason is Applicant already has obtained a Job and employer is waiting for the applicant to join their work.

nowadays HSRDC is taking 5 months to process AEO and their verification is very strict...

C

Cam1234

mari1981 said:
You are both correct, I wrote to them a while back with some questions and got the same answer. They actually told me they cannot assist anyone without their file number... I truly hope they help us a little more when we get that file number, rather than "follow the application instructions, send it in and see what happens."

The application instructions are somewhat contradictory, confusing, and are changed frequently... very frustrating since they decline your application for the slightest thing and don't provide clear guidelines for applicants to follow :(

Cam

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
Cam1234 said:
You are both correct, I wrote to them a while back with some questions and got the same answer. They actually told me they cannot assist anyone without their file number... I truly hope they help us a little more when we get that file number, rather than "follow the application instructions, send it in and see what happens."

The application instructions are somewhat contradictory, confusing, and are changed frequently... very frustrating since they decline your application for the slightest thing and don't provide clear guidelines for applicants to follow :(

Cam
My problem is I want to travel to my back home country. This is a long time I haven't seen my parents and to be honest I prefer to travel in winter when the weather in Canada is sooo cold. So it is a good opportunity for me to get police certificate.

But if they do not accept the PCC after 3 months then I have to buy the expensive ticket and go there again :'( And I don't have enough annual leaves too.
it is getting more and more complicated. they could give me a simple answer that they accept it or not. it is not related to my file or something. it is a general question.

Mary

Rina

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
hopefully soon
IELTS Request
sent with application - 8.5 band score
LANDED..........
2011?
Is there no way to request the PCC by mail? You could request one when you travel. At least that way you will have a more recent version. You might also verify with your local Police if at a later point someone could pick the PCC up for you with a signed power of attorny.

I was able to receive PCCs from Brazil that way. It for sure is worth a try or at least finding out if this is possible.

Good luck.

mari1981 said:
My problem is I want to travel to my back home country. This is a long time I haven't seen my parents and to be honest I prefer to travel in winter when the weather in Canada is sooo cold. So it is a good opportunity for me to get police certificate.

But if they do not accept the PCC after 3 months then I have to buy the expensive ticket and go there again :'( And I don't have enough annual leaves too.
it is getting more and more complicated. they could give me a simple answer that they accept it or not. it is not related to my file or something. it is a general question.

Mary

C

Cam1234

mari1981 said:

Mary
Hi Mary:

In my opinion, the request that "when VO receives your PCCs it cannot be older than 3 months" was illogical and a mistake in the guidelines... The contradiction here is that they instructed applicants in the CIO instructions to go ahead and submit for PCCs right after you send your application to CIO.

If applicants follow the CIO instructions their PCCs would be ready within a month or two, but no one knows when their application gets to VO, so every applicant would have PCCs that are older than three months when they reach VO... like myself.

On the other hand, if applicants wait for VO to receive their applications and then apply for PCCs, a delay of several months would take place for almost everyone and a new backlog would develop for post June 26 applicants... I honestly think the instructions before were a mistake, an oversight.

Anyway, now they have removed the "PCCs cannot be older than 3 months when VO receives them" from the instruction guidelines and have said: PCCs are valid for a year and cannot be older than 3 months from the time your application is received by CIO... which makes sense.

Having said all this, in case they go back on their word again :mad: here is what I suggest you do. I am not certain this is possible in your home country, but in the US, we go get our fingerprints and fill out our applications, then we have to send it ourselves with a Cashiers check.

Now here is what you can do, go apply for your PCCs once when you get home and mail everything... A few days later, do the same thing, fill out all the forms, get your fingerprints and the cashiers check BUT don't send it in. Give it to a family member to keep... and tell them to hold on to it until you instruct them to mail it in... I hope this works for you.

Cam

yawar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 January 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
28 February 2012
IELTS Request
Along with documents
File Transfer...
26 june 2012
Med's Request
25 August 2012
Med's Done....
10 September 2012
Interview........
Waived INSHALLAH
Passport Req..
PPR1 22 Nov 2012 & PPR2 03 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 January 2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH in 2013
hi to all seniors

i have some concerns hope u guys can help me:

1st time I have send my appplication to NS in the category of 1122 in july 2010 and they send me back in august with some highlighted requirement from the check list of London VO (which i dont know at that time)

2nd time i send all those highlighted requirement with my package in september 2010 and they return me again in october with some more highlighted from the same checklist of London VO

3rd time i send all their requirement again to NS in october and it was delivered there on 4 November and according my knowledge they cap of 1000 was apply on from 3 nov.

So, I am very confused because the 1 return application come to me in 30 days and 2 time they return to and i recieved in 22 days but this time its 50 days now and as i can see the cap reach on 3 nov and my application recieved there on 4 nov so more likely it has to be return but i have a very fear fact that this time i have send some originals i have no idea wht to do whether i take this delay as a positive sign or what i have to do plz advice ???

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Not sure if it is slow due to fast approaching holiday, or the fact the east coast is being pounded again with bad weather, storm surges, wind and rain. All this may have an impact on staffing in Sydney. I know in our hearts we all wish them well.......well enough to get back to work, eh?

molarius

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Cappuccino said:
Ok, CIO will not consider this application as being received and will have no record of any of your details on their system, other than the date they returned the application.

Therefore my advice would be to:
1) Reprint all your forms and sign them with the current date

2) Definitely get a new PCC if this is only going to take a few weeks. If it is going to take longer than send without PCC as per new guidelines you are able to do this, and then get PCC at visa office stage but IMO do not risk sending an out of date PCC (there is still some ambiguity as to whether PCC over 3 months old can be accepted. Even if they can you will almost certainly need new ones at VO stage anyway else they will get over 1 year old before decision is made)

3) 7 month old photos will still be ok IMO as long as your appearance has not drammatically changed since then. After all photos on passports are valid for up to 10 years.

4) It will be worth getting a new bank certificate and if possible new statements to prove that the money has been in your possession since you last applied

5) Make sure you include an explanatory letter saying that your previous application was declined due to out of date IELTS results, and this explains why your work references are several months old. I am fairly sure your work experience references will be accepted but IMO it is important to explain why they are older.

Your NOC is only just over 1/3rd full and is unlikely to even hit the cap before 30th June 2011, therefore time is on your side! :) Don't panic, just reprint and get your application together again calmly and double check everything before you re-send it.

In our letter to CIO (which has never been replied to) we suggested that people have the option to include a courier fee as well as their payment fee, and if their application is returned for any reason it can be sent by courier rather than standard Canada post.

But alas our suggestion seems to have fallen on deaf ears :(

Best of luck!
Wayne.
thank you very much Wayne for your advise... we will be reprinting new forms...but I think my husband wants us to make a cover letter explaining why dates of the certificates are 4 months old....we are actually in the process of gathering new documents because we really thought our application kit was lost & we had no way of finding out where ( regular mail- does not have a tracking number that is why even after 1 year or more one can never know where it is if it is indeed lost) We are just so happy that our NOC is not yet full imagine if I belong to an NOC which has reached the CAP whewww that would be very sad.
since the 1st week of december we have been gathering new documents & up until now we have not been finished... my new PCC will be out by jan.
thank you again....I hope this time around when we send out our application it will be successful....
thank you to all

molarius

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Pippin said:
MOLARIUS!!!! Whew...who EVER thought we'd be happy to see a returned application? For crying out loud! Anyway, I am so glad that mystery is solved and the reason for the return is easy to solve. I've just read Wayne's great reply to you. I wonder if it is a lengthy process for you to get a renewed PCC (significantly longer than it would take to get the IELTS), would it be an idea to include the one you have with a cover letter explaining you are more than willing to provide an update upon request. If it isn't a hardship to provide a new one, then go for it as Wayne suggests. Good luck!!
yes what a relief .. we were so happy, we thought we would never see our application kit after almost 4 months.................
we would include a cover letter for the certificates..... my PCC would be out by jan 2011..... the hard part are the certificates & other documents because my husband went to school in another city. we were hoping all the new documents we requested will be out the last week of jan... I think we will be reprinting new forms but we wil be sending out the same sets of documents with cover letter explaining why the dates are AUG...
thank you very much
will update
happy holidays

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Twas the night before Christmas and all through Visa Forax
Not an applicant was stirring, not even dear Qorax
The packages were hung around Sydney with care
In hopes everyone's PER soon would be there.

The immigrants were nestled, all snug in their beds
While visions of Maple Leaves danced in their heads.
When up on the internet there arose such a chatter
Wayne sprang to his desk to see what was the matter.
Back to the keyboard he flew like a flash,
Hit F5 again and the silly thing crashed!

But what to his wondering eyes should appear
But an email from Sydney and a case of cold beer.
With a twist of the wrist, so lively and quick
He knew in a moment it wasn't a trick.

More rapid than PERs, the Med requests came
Everyone whistled as they read out their name.
So up from the laptop the good news flew
Anil filled the spreadsheet a glorious BLUE.
A wink of his eye and a nod of his head
Soon gave us to know we had nothing to dread.

I send every good wish to our worldwide friends
You'll be happy to know that I've come to the end!

Merry Christmas everyone!

wucike

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
15-1-2011
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 DM 2-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2014
i wanna know what does red highlight mean in our google excel documents? coz some guys names were red highlight and then removed

C

Cam1234

Pippin said:
Twas the night before Christmas and all through Visa Forax
Not an applicant was stirring, not even dear Qorax
The packages were hung around Sydney with care
In hopes everyone's PER soon would be there.

The immigrants were nestled, all snug in their beds
While visions of Maple Leaves danced in their heads.
When up on the internet there arose such a chatter
Wayne sprang to his desk to see what was the matter.
Back to the keyboard he flew like a flash,
Hit F5 again and the silly thing crashed!

But what to his wondering eyes should appear
But an email from Sydney and a case of cold beer.
With a twist of the wrist, so lively and quick
He knew in a moment it wasn't a trick.

More rapid than PERs, the Med requests came
Everyone whistled as they read out their name.
So up from the laptop the good news flew
Anil filled the spreadsheet a glorious BLUE.
A wink of his eye and a nod of his head
Soon gave us to know we had nothing to dread.

I send every good wish to our worldwide friends
You'll be happy to know that I've come to the end!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Beautifully done Pippen. I thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you :)
Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Cam

beaanddrei

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2011
Med's Done....
04-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
molarius said:
good day to all! today (dec23, 2010) we got the returned application that we thought was lost... a letter from CIO indicated that the application kit was returned to our mailing address on AUGUST 26, 2010.... after almost 4 months it arrived...
In the explanation letter the reason was that the IELTS result was more than 1 year old..... that was the only reason they indicated why our application was returned... we are so happy that we got our application kit back..
In the previous letter I received it was noted... If you cannot locate the application, it will be necessary for you to file a new application along with all the necessary info.... since we were able to locate the application kit can we just send the same application & just include the new IELTS result?
my question:
1. The photos were taken 7 months ago
2. Police certificate is more than 3 months old...
3. the bank certificates were issued AUGUST....
Hello Molarius...... if you don't mind, I was just curious to one of the reason why they sent you back your kit. What exactly do they mean that the bank certificates were issued AUGUST?..... Correct me if I'm wrong but your application was dated August too, right? So, what's the problem if your bank certificates was issued too, on AUGUST?.....