submitted all originals
AOR Received.
PER - 24 Jan 2011
File Transfer...
ECAS - RBVO 3 March 2011, In Process - 4 Oct 2011
Med's Request
11 Oct 2011, Med Forms Reissued 24 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
Signed by DMP-28 Apr 2012, Sent to LVO-14 May 2012, Delivered to LVO 18 May12, ECAS line added-18 June 12
Passport Req..
4 JUL 2012, Passports sent 20 JUL 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Aug 2012, COPR recieved 23 Aug 2012 (visa exempt)
Look at this link: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
This was changed very recently:

[size=10pt]The decision on your application[/size]

A CIC officer will make a final decision on your application based on the requirements for immigration to Canada at the time your application was submitted. The decision will be based on several selection factors, as well as the results of your medical examination and the criminal and security checks.
The officer will also assess the proof of funds you have provided (unless you have arranged employment) to ensure that you will be able to support yourself and your family when you arrive in Canada.

The office processing your application will contact you if it needs more documentation or if you are required to attend an interview.

If your application is approved, you will be asked to submit your passport to the Canadian visa office where you applied in order to receive your permanent resident visa.

IRG

Oct 7, 2010
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Sept 2010
Doc's Request.
submitted all originals
AOR Received.
PER - 24 Jan 2011
File Transfer...
ECAS - RBVO 3 March 2011, In Process - 4 Oct 2011
Med's Request
11 Oct 2011, Med Forms Reissued 24 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
Signed by DMP-28 Apr 2012, Sent to LVO-14 May 2012, Delivered to LVO 18 May12, ECAS line added-18 June 12
Passport Req..
4 JUL 2012, Passports sent 20 JUL 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Aug 2012, COPR recieved 23 Aug 2012 (visa exempt)
IRG said:

A CIC officer will make a final decision on your application based on the requirements for immigration to Canada at the time your application was submitted. The decision will be based on several selection factors, as well as the results of your medical examination and the criminal and security checks.
The officer will also assess the proof of funds you have provided (unless you have arranged employment) to ensure that you will be able to support yourself and your family when you arrive in Canada.

The office processing your application will contact you if it needs more documentation or if you are required to attend an interview.

If your application is approved, you will be asked to submit your passport to the Canadian visa office where you applied in order to receive your permanent resident visa.
So the point is - everything will be done and finalised by CIC, VO will only process visa, am i right understanding this ?

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
IRG said:
So the point is - everything will be done and finalised by CIC, VO will only process visa, am i right understanding this ?
I am with you, friend. I have previously mentioned your opinion
I just want to add that the CIC may ask the help of the VO, if they want to contact one of the applicant's references (ex. employers).

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
IRG said:

My guess is CIO will just assess the application under all the factors and award points after the eligibility review. If the applications pass this stage, they will send out the medical request along with the intimation that the file is being transferred to the VO for the final decision. As always, the VO are the best to do the background checks. Also they have mentioned a CIC OFFICER and not CIO OFFICER. The CIC officers could mean the one sitting @ VO or the CIO. I also think, apart from the part that they have taken the point on AOR after eligibility review, nothing has changed. Particularly, the OP6 manual said, The CIO will assess the applications under all the factors and award points, and only if the application passes the 67 points ad also the selection factors, including the proof of funds, the application will be forwarded to the VO for final decision. I'm including one of my very earlier posts for reference.

indira_prab said:
Hi People,

I see a lot of inactivity in the forum :( :( I guess people are busy gathering papers :)

Well, to my understanding, i'm posting the actual proposed process of applications for Federal Skilled Workers after June 26 2010.

1. As a rule of thumb, one has to submit ALL the documents specified in the CIO checklist and the Visa Office checklist(these checklists include pretty much everything needed for a PR application to Canada), with the initial application to CIO, NS.

2. One exception to the above may be the PCCs, as they will be asked for later by the corresponding visa office, although it's makes sense to send it together with the initial application(please see my explanation for the same in the same thread below).

3. So, once they receive our courier, they group them according to NOCs(the NOC code is mentioned on the envelope).

4. When our turn comes, they crack open our couriers and do a initial documentation check for completeness and compliance of the application.
# Check if the application forms are all COMPLETELY FILLED, payments are OK, all required documentation are enclosed.
# Next they check if we have a valid 1 year experience in the claimed NOC(a part of the 29 occupations list)

5. If yes, they give an AOR and put the file into processing :), If not they send the application back stating the reason for return.

6. Next they check and award points for the 6 selection factors, including Education, Work Experience, Age, Language proficiency, Adaptability, Arranged Employment. In addition to these 6 factors, they check for the proof of funds as per the guidelines. They also do the background check for the above at this point before awarding points.

7. If the applicant gets 67 points or more, then his/her application will be transferred to the local visa office for final decision.

8. The VO again conducts background checks for their part and may request for an interview if they are not satisfied with the documentation provided.

9. It is believed, as and when they receive the file transfer from CIO, NS, the Visa Office sends a medicals request to the applicants.

10. By the time they receive the medicals results, they would be done with the background checks and this will enable the VO to make a decision :)

11. It is thought that they will also want to have the applicants' passports in their hands before making a final decision.

12. Once approved, they will send the Passports with Visas stamped :)

13. All refused skilled worker applicants, including those refused for non-compliance with processing requirements, will be sent or otherwise provided a formal refusal letter. The letter must:
• inform the applicant of the categories or circumstances under which the application was considered;
• provide a listing of the points awarded in respect of each selection factor;
• fully inform the applicant why the application has been refused.

Well, long story short, the processing times are getting shorter and shorter :)

All the best for all of you guys out here.. Keep helping each other and hopefully see you all in Canada soon 8):)

Quick update from my side: My huby is attempting his IELTS this Saturday ::) ???, hopefully we get good points out of it. A 14 point would be just as great as having our application approved :) ;)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Cam1234 said:
if I get to that stage where I have received my Med and PCC request, I would be dancing in the streets, not checking my application status :)

Dear Cam1234...

Well said Cam.Me too. :D

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
I say time to dance is when we reach Canada ;D

J

jolly404

canada0801 said:
I say time to dance is when we reach Canada ;D
hi canada0801!
i would like to ask u what does doc's req and ielts req means in ur biodata does that mean that u had been rquested to send those documents after u sent ur application package?
My VO office is buffalo too and i send my package few days back but missed one of the documents as in vo specific requirements so wondering will they return my application or request me tosend the missing documents? please give ur suggestion.
Thank u
jolly

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
jolly404 said:
hi canada0801!
i would like to ask u what does doc's req and ielts req means in ur biodata does that mean that u had been rquested to send those documents after u sent ur application package?
My VO office is buffalo too and i send my package few days back but missed one of the documents as in vo specific requirements so wondering will they return my application or request me tosend the missing documents? please give ur suggestion.
Thank u
jolly
If you notice, our apps were submitted post June 26th, therefore both IELTS and other docs were submitted at the same time and according to a CIO and local VO checklist.

Since i am not a CIC officer i don't know what will happen to your file once it reaches CIO.

Wish you good luck.

J

jolly404

Thank you canada0801 for ur prompt reply

could u send me the final list of documents u sent and how did u compile up before sending it.

please share ur experience
thank you.
jolly.
canada0801 said:
If you notice, our apps were submitted post June 26th, therefore both IELTS and other docs were submitted at the same time and according to a CIO and local VO checklist.

Since i am not a CIC officer i don't know what will happen to your file once it reaches CIO.

Wish you good luck.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
jolly404 said:
hi canada0801!
Thank u
jolly
Hey there,

1. That's because this form was created years ago, when the process was entirely different. Those days, we were asked to submit only a few application forms and after receiving the AOR, we will be asked to submit the documentation. Now the process has changed and so your profile can be updated as appropriate.

2. If you are applying to the CIO, under the FSW1, and you had missed a mandatory document in your application package, you are most likely to get your application returned to you :(. One clue if it's coming back or not might be your payment status. if they have en cashed your payment, then you are safe. You may be asked for that missing document later. But if it is not en cashed with in say a month, then, your application must be on the way back!

What document was it that you missed to include?

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
jolly404 said:
Thank you canada0801 for ur prompt reply

could u send me the final list of documents u sent and how did u compile up before sending it.

please share ur experience
thank you.
jolly.
By all means it was time consuming task. You can see the exact list of docs (and checkists) on the CIC website , in pdf format. If you click on local VO specific docs, you will see the additional checklist of docs requested by Buffalo office under the FSW column.

J

jolly404

It was baby's passport and visa asper the vo specific requirements though my baby was here with me when i couriered my package now i have send her to my home country, she is a US born. and now i realised as the cio receives this package my Baby's case is that she's already traveled out of the country where by birth is not her country.
ifu have any advise i could still do please share ur expert advise.
Thank you.
indira_prab said:
Hey there,

1. That's because this form was created years ago, when the process was entirely different. Those days, we were asked to submit only a few application forms and after receiving the AOR, we will be asked to submit the documentation. Now the process has changed and so your profile can be updated as appropriate.

2. If you are applying to the CIO, under the FSW1, and you had missed a mandatory document in your application package, you are most likely to get your application returned to you :(. One clue if it's coming back or not might be your payment status. if they have en cashed your payment, then you are safe. You may be asked for that missing document later. But if it is not en cashed with in say a month, then, your application must be on the way back!

What document was it that you missed to include?

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Your baby's travel out of US should not be of concern to you, however you must have included copy of her US passport (main page with bio data) in the application.

Good luck.

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Seatac said:
I am still not clear about this can someone please clarify
I am not sure, initial instructions mentioned that PCC should not be older than 3 months when you send it and it is valid for one year only. So, if the processing takes longer than 1 year, you will need to furnish new PCC. But with newer instructions, i am not sure what they mean but i am copying below the instructions from Buffalo VO about PCC:

Note: If you are including your police certificates with your application to the CIO, please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months earlier. Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. However, if a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one.

So, i think if you not sent your PCC, you need to send it when it is asked for it and it should have been issued within last 3 months. Thats my intake on this.

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
Hi johnyusa:

Your Buffalo guidelines are outdated, the new ones don't mention the 3 months. They dropped it. Follow the link, click on Buffalo:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp

Best to you,
Cam
Nice thanks for pointing this out, mine are over 3 months old, I got my PCCs back at the start of August and are past the 3 months now, I was wondering if Buffalo would request new ones when my file is sent to them, but if thats true I guess that won't be the case.