+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

C

Cam1234

CanadaJimmy said:
Nice thanks for pointing this out, mine are over 3 months old, I got my PCCs back at the start of August and are past the 3 months now, I was wondering if Buffalo would request new ones when my file is sent to them, but if thats true I guess that won't be the case.
Hi Jimmy:
This is my understanding; I think as long as your PCCs are not older than 1 year when they reach CIC you should be fine under the new rules...
Take care, Cam

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Cam1234 said:
Hi Jimmy:
This is my understanding; I think as long as your PCCs are not older than 1 year when they reach CIC you should be fine under the new rules...
Take care, Cam
Thanks Cam, i hope it is that way and we don't have to spend extra bucks to obtain them. Do you think its a good idea to contact buffalo and ask them?

C

Cam1234

johnyusa said:
Thanks Cam, i hope it is that way and we don't have to spend extra bucks to obtain them. Do you think its a good idea to contact buffalo and ask them?
Johny, I honestly don't know... for one thing, how are we going to contact buffalo for a response?... For me, what we have is sufficient. But do as you feel is correct...
Cam

J

jolly404

hey folks!
i gotmy pcc on august frommy country thoughi reside now in usa and since i haven't submitted pcc with my application package it will be more than 3 months before vo request pcc what doi need to do? Do i have to re make my pcc? or the one i have would work?
please experts share ur views.

johnyusa said:
I am not sure, initial instructions mentioned that PCC should not be older than 3 months when you send it and it is valid for one year only. So, if the processing takes longer than 1 year, you will need to furnish new PCC. But with newer instructions, i am not sure what they mean but i am copying below the instructions from Buffalo VO about PCC:

Note: If you are including your police certificates with your application to the CIO, please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months earlier. Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. However, if a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one.

So, i think if you not sent your PCC, you need to send it when it is asked for it and it should have been issued within last 3 months. Thats my intake on this.

B

bindu.allam

Bindu said:
Hi Friends,

I would need your valuable advice, my hubby has been diagnosed as having umbilical hernia and doctors has advised us to undergo laparoscopic surgery which will provide a permanent cure and the patient would be able to lead a normal life afterwards.

My hubby also has higher level of cholesterol (240 mg/dL) and BP (140/100). He also is having Hypothyroid and is on tablets to compliment the Thyroid hormone level. He is leading an active and normal life by god's grace.

Please advice if this surgery and the above told cholesterol, BP and Hypothyroid levels would carry any negative remark during the medical examination as part of Canada PR visa process.

Warm Regards
Bindu
hey
the surgery you mentioned is quite common and your husband can be fine within a week of being operated (ive seen people who had to undergo this surgery recently). so go ahead with the surgery ASAP as he will be back to normal when the medical requests come. Also, IMO the other conditions like cholesterol and BP are not serious problems. They are neither going to put the life of fellow canadians in danger and are neither a big burden on the healthcare system of canada :p

Regards,
Bindu Allam

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Cam1234 said:
Johny, I honestly don't know... for one thing, how are we going to contact buffalo for a response?... For me, what we have is sufficient. But do as you feel is correct...
Cam
We can ask them that its more than 3 months since we got our PCCs and we haven't heard from CIO till now (like 4 months), shall we get new PCCs or PCCs which we have already got will work since they are valid for one year. I think people have inquired with some other Visa offices before if they had any question about application....just my thought.

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Cam1234 said:
Cam
Sorry, forgot to mention that we can contact them by email....

P

piznyuralex

viron said:
To :
OLEKSANDR PIZNIUR

Hi, thanks for replying . I'm just so curious why you have the feeling that it will be returned. What docments did you
forgot to include. I rushed my application due to my IELTS which will expire as I mentioned in my last post.I mis-signed
a form and the forms for my spouse were just scanned ,so it was not original bec he is in another country at the moment.
But I included photocopies of everything.Original copies were OTR, work certificates , bank cert. I also made a
mistake in the NOC code .My husband sent his original forms but returned, then this Nov. he sent again but with further
explanation to include this papers in my application. Though I don't have any idea the status of my documents.My bank
is so uncooperative, saying they cannot trace if the bank draft was encashed or not.
I would appreciate your comment or someone's reply to my case.
There is very strong possibility that your docs are on their way to the country of origin. Too many mistakes.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Dr.Hasib said:
Hi, could you pls tell me when this changes took place? My application was received by CIO on 15 oct 2010, and i didnt send pcc as it was not required.but according to latest change it is required.....
It is not required. Currently they are advising you include it in your application but they clearly say you can leave it until visa office ask for it if you want to. In any case the rules which were in place when you mailed your application are what they will go by.

Wayne.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
This is strange behavior on behalf of VO.
Before updating their VO specific booklet, Tokyo VO adviced to send PCC with application package. Later they updated and you can see that PCC is not required for Post-june applicant.
But strangely enough, when I emailed them to make sure ( One of my PCCs was old ), they adviced me to send PCC ( even the old one!!) with Application package :-\.
I had to sent PCC with the package.
Now I see from teh forum that London VO is asking to send PCC.
I guess CIC is experimenting and developing the new system and we are the guinea pig. :-X
But I guess it's fine , because VO will take very less time to finalize each case.

C

Cam1234

johnyusa said:
Sorry, forgot to mention that we can contact them by email....
I contacted them once by email with a question, before I submitted my application, and their response was: Unless you have an ID number with a case in Buffalo we cannot answer any questions...
You can certainly try, please let me know if you are successful.
Thanks,
Cam

kimwayne

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-10
Doc's Request.
BD has been cashed out(Nov.10,2010)
Nomination.....
In Process(February 23,2011),Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete (February 26,2011)
AOR Received.
PER received February 23,2011,2nd AOR(Per) March 17,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with the rest of the documents
File Transfer...
March 24,2011
Med's Request
July 13,2011
Med's Done....
July 28,2011.Payment for processing and RPRF for my wife done in SEPT.16,2011
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
Nov.28,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 11,2011
LANDED..........
April 30,2012..Successfully completed and became a permanent resident holder.
indira_prab said:
My guess is CIO will just assess the application under all the factors and award points after the eligibility review. If the applications pass this stage, they will send out the medical request along with the intimation that the file is being transferred to the VO for the final decision. As always, the VO are the best to do the background checks. Also they have mentioned a CIC OFFICER and not CIO OFFICER. The CIC officers could mean the one sitting @ VO or the CIO. I also think, apart from the part that they have taken the point on AOR after eligibility review, nothing has changed. Particularly, the OP6 manual said, The CIO will assess the applications under all the factors and award points, and only if the application passes the 67 points ad also the selection factors, including the proof of funds, the application will be forwarded to the VO for final decision. I'm including one of my very earlier posts for reference.
Wow

C

Cam1234

Question: (Apologies for it is a bit Off Topic)

Is anyone getting their Foreign Credentials (University degrees, etc) Certified by a Canadian authority, to prove your qualification when later job hunting in Canada? Seems like it costs a couple of hundred dollars :eek: but could help you get a job faster ;)

BTW, here is the website to help you get your Foreign Credentials Recognized:
http://www.cicic.ca/2/home.canada

Thanks,
Cam

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Do you know how the CIC communicates the AOR, Med requests, PPR and etc?
Do they email or send through regular mail ?

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
Is anyone getting their Foreign Credentials (University degrees, etc) Certified by a Canadian authority, to prove your qualification when later job hunting in Canada? Seems like it costs a couple of hundred dollars :eek: but could help you get a job faster ;)
Thanks,
Cam
Hi Cam,

I think all of us will have to do this before we move there; other than the crane operators I guess :D. I know it will be especially important for people who need to get licensed to practice their profession in Canada, like pharmacists, nurses and doctors.