+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

C

Cam1234

Cappuccino said:
Firstly, as you say, why would they count an application towards the cap if they do not know if the person is eligible to apply? Someone without the experience required with no skills or qualifications and a very low language score, who might be totally ineligible would then be taking up a "place" in the cap limit.

Secondly, we have no definition as to what CIC class as "complete". Perhaps the eligibility review has to be successful in order for it to be complete?

Wayne.
I don't know Wayne, maybe they count them towards the cap, then later if some are not qualified and don't pass eligibility, they are thrown out and another person in line is allowed into the cap...

But even underneath the heading, the title of the column where the numbers are written it says:

Number of Complete Applications Received

It does not says, number of applications processed or something to that effect, just received...

Cam

jeanne

Sep 23, 2010
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010, Credit Card charged 08-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-12-2010
IELTS Request
Originals sent with full application to CIO
Cappuccino said:
Firstly, as you say, why would they count an application towards the cap if they do not know if the person is eligible to apply? Someone without the experience required with no skills or qualifications and a very low language score, who might be totally ineligible would then be taking up a "place" in the cap limit.

Secondly, we have no definition as to what CIC class as "complete". Perhaps the eligibility review has to be successful in order for it to be complete?

Wayne.
Gosh Wayne I pray that you are indeed right! :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cam1234 said:
I don't know Wayne, maybe they count them towards the cap, then later if some are not qualified and don't pass eligibility, they are thrown out and another person in line is allowed into the cap...

But even underneath the heading, the title of the column where the numbers are written it says:

Number of Complete Applications Received

It does not says, number of applications processed or something to that effect, just received...

Cam
I don't KNOW either, we're all just guessing :)

Some AORs would certainly give us a better picture.

Wayne.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Cappuccino said:

Wayne.
Can we still consider its to be "Complete" to count against the cap, if these applicants do not pass the VO phase (PCC, Back ground check, Medical etc)??

They should not and cannot count it against 1000 cap if they even pass eligibility review even. But heck, they are doing just that! Its utterly confusing!!!

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
About neccessary period to send documents. We have done everything within 2 weeks only. My IELTS was eligible (2 years from sitting the exam), 3 days for translation, 2 days for notary, 4 days for refference letter (i had 2 employers) + 2 days for dealing with bank draft (unseccessfully) and choosed CC payment (does not require spending time). PCC was also done in 2 days but was not attached as for VO checklist. University transcripts were also ready as our educational system oblige university to attach it to the degree certificate. Thus, could be done even faster than 2 weeks. This is Moldova case. 1122 NOC.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
We should remember the following:
Total cap is 20000
Cap per NOC is 1000
No. of NOCs = 29

So there will be 9000 over the needed 20000, i think (as i said before) those 9000 are the estimated quantity by the CIO who will not pass the eligibility review

jeanne

Sep 23, 2010
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06-12-2010
IELTS Request
Cur-Rozen said:
About neccessary period to send documents. We have done everything within 2 weeks only. My IELTS was eligible (2 years from sitting the exam), 3 days for translation, 2 days for notary, 4 days for refference letter (i had 2 employers) + 2 days for dealing with bank draft (unseccessfully) and choosed CC payment (does not require spending time). PCC was also done in 2 days but was not attached as for VO checklist. University transcripts were also ready as our educational system oblige university to attach it to the degree certificate. Thus, could be done even faster than 2 weeks. This is Moldova case. 1122 NOC.
Gosh aren't you lucky, we are very happy for you! It took us 4 months to gather all of our documents. Our country’s Home Affairs aren't particularly up and about, it was a very frustrating exercise indeed. So we are terribly relieved that it's all over now, what a mission it was! :eek:

jeanne

Sep 23, 2010
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06-12-2010
IELTS Request
canady said:
We should remember the following:
Total cap is 20000
Cap per NOC is 1000
No. of NOCs = 29

So there will be 9000 over the needed 20000, i think (as i said before) those 9000 are the estimated quantity by the CIO who will not pass the eligibility review
That makes perfect sense, I was thinking the same thing.

harvin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-20-2010, CC charged Oct-27-10
IELTS Request
Sent along with app 8.5
File Transfer...
RBVO - Mar-25-11
Cappuccino said:
I don't KNOW either, we're all just guessing :)

Some AORs would certainly give us a better picture.

Wayne.
My theory is as follows.

They have encashed new 1122 apps as late as Oct-7 (filed Sep-24 by westwards). If they do clearly know that they have 'processed'/'completed'* app count of 740 as of Aug-30, then they might as well wait for what transpires through october, before encashing payment. Hence, I believe that the 740 number is not as processed as of Aug-30.

I think if they see all checklists being complied with, and cap not reached, they encash. This is borne out of some apps with next-day encashing! - They are deferring the actual eligibility* review, where they check whether the job duties (not title) etc matches the NOC desc and 67 point check etc.

Lastly, another hotly debated topic is whether post-6/26 will be processed faster is answered in the FAQ (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/changes-fsw-faq08.asp)

What do you folks think about my 2 cents?

* - dont know the definition of these words

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jeanne, yes, even for us it was very very fast. Our decision was spontaneous. For 6 month we were preparing to move to Australia and without a success (done only IELTS twice and updated our resume). And when we come up with this idea about Canada, we decide to do it "now or never"!

And on sept 19 we had to leave for a holiday so we had no other option other than to be very fast :p

I really hope we have made it to the cap.

thai

Sep 7, 2010
I think its pretty clear what the website says...they will consider "....a maximum of 20,000 complete Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing". Very clear they will put the CAP on complete apps before the eligibility review.

Does not mean they will issue 20,000 AOR.

indira_prab said:
This one holds more water :)

Did we read the CIC properly? Is it the number of COMPLETE applications considered for processing(including eligibility reviews), or the number of applications that had passed the eligibility review?

From the MI's FAQ,

It states that Complete applications are considered in the CAP and not complete eligible applications

Also they quote that the numbers are AS OF 19th Oct(Yesterday) and they have published it today. Very unlikely that they have done eligibility reviews for an application received on the same date :p :p :p. At least when we say completeness check is done on the same day(that's unlikely too :p), giving a buffer of 2 days, but I'm sure it's safe to say that these numbers are only COMPLETE applications and ALL(although some of them might have gone through) of them could not have gone through the eligibility review.

So, my guess is that the numbers published have not passed on the eligibility review :)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi Cur-Rozen: I noticed you said your IELTS was within two years of sitting. Doesn't it have to be less than ONE YEAR for CIO? Please check. I don't want to upset you, but also don't want to ignore the point. Fingers (and toes) crossed.

maryjohns

Oct 8, 2010
Hi,

My application was sent via Fedex on Oct 7 and arrived N.S on Oct 13. However, I have not received any confirmation email from CIO and have not seen CIO charged my credit card yet. Is there anyone here in the same situation? How long would it take to get the 1st response from CIO? Thanks

-Mary

harvin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-20-2010, CC charged Oct-27-10
IELTS Request
Sent along with app 8.5
File Transfer...
RBVO - Mar-25-11
thai said:
I think its pretty clear what the website says...they will consider "....a maximum of 20,000 complete Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing". Very clear they will put the CAP on complete apps before the eligibility review.

Does not mean they will issue 20,000 AOR.
From ... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

ELigibility

For your application to be eligible for processing, you must include the results of your official language proficiency test, and either:
have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
be a skilled worker who has had one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the following eligible occupations within the last ten years: (((NOC LIST)))
If you apply and do not meet the above criteria, you will be informed of this and your processing fee will be refunded.

And, this from instructions fromm EG7- page 38, the phases are

1. Completeness check - app is complete, documents are provided, fees are valid
2. Eligibility review - OFFICER makes final determination of noc and gives you AOR, failing which refund will be issued
3. Selection/Admissibility - (i think VO gets involved here) - minimal requirements, selection factors, sufficient funds, admissibility (criminality, security, medical)

So using this as reference, and today's article states '...considered for processing...' it should be pretty straightforward to verify the three things above (from both the link & EG7 point-1), encash, and consider an app for processing, and bump the count up by one.

By these references, am hoping that 740 for noc-1122 is a valid count as of yesterday :)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi Mary: We all wish we knew the exact answer. Our friend's app was received 26 July and to date the BD has not been cashed, app has not been returned, and we can only wait to find out what and when the next step will happen. Good Luck to you and congrats getting your app in.