Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
You need to show to the caseworker: 1) Income Tax assessment notice of 2011, 2) What you do currently, proof of student registration or letter from your employer, 3) What is your wife doing: proof of study registration or letter of employer, 4) Chil birth certificate 5) ID for you and your wife 6) proof you have submite application of PR
There is certain limits based on your income to find out if you eligible for child care subsidy.
Also, you and your wife must be students or worker, i.e. no one is available at home to take care of the child(s).
Proof of address also required.
If eligible, they will ask you to get a day care who accept your child and let them know about.
In most eligible cases, there will be waiting list (4-8 months) depends on your income.

mike5182 said:
I want to share one more thing, the applicant who has been issued PER may be eligible to apply for child daycare subsidy from the regional government. I will keep on posting later after my meeting with the caseworker in the region.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salem10 said:
You need to show to the caseworker: 1) Income Tax assessment notice of 2011, 2) What you do currently, proof of student registration or letter from your employer, 3) What is your wife doing: proof of study registration or letter of employer, 4) Chil birth certificate 5) ID for you and your wife 6) proof you have submite application of PR
There is certain limits based on your income to find out if you eligible for child care subsidy.
Also, you and your wife must be students or worker, i.e. no one is available at home to take care of the child(s).
Proof of address also required.
If eligible, they will ask you to get a day care who accept your child and let them know about.
In most eligible cases, there will be waiting list (4-8 months) depends on your income.
I did all that to apply for child care subsidy, but same as at my University for domestic tuition, they told me that I had to have my PR card to be eligible, although I was eligible based on income.

Is there a government document where this is stated that I could use to show them that I should be eligible now that I got PER?

thanks!

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
I got approved based on "In Porcess" status of my PR application. Also, if you have low income you can apply for housing support. Housing take very long waiting 1-2 years. Search on the eligibity, you will find "Citizen or Permenant Resident or file an application for PR" are eligible.

ASG said:
I did all that to apply for child care subsidy, but same as at my University for domestic tuition, they told me that I had to have my PR card to be eligible, although I was eligible based on income.

Is there a government document where this is stated that I could use to show them that I should be eligible now that I got PER?

thanks!

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salem10 said:
I got approved based on "In Porcess" status of my PR application. Also, if you have low income you can apply for housing support. Housing take very long waiting 1-2 years. Search on the eligibity, you will find "Citizen or Permenant Resident or file an application for PR" are eligible.
Really?

Which province are you in?

Does the housing support work in specific province or whole Canada? I never heard about this.

Could you please clarify this?

Thanks,

Maytheflower

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
Today it's been 11 months since Massoud applied on this stream. Only a few more days until we find out if the cap will be reset or if they will change the rules. Given the order of priority, seems like we are still at least 6 months aways from getting the visa. CPP-Ottawas seems to be focusing on MI-1 backlog. seems like they are still in May 2010 Applicants.
Thanks TyrusX for the information.
Would you please tell us how you got the 6 months estimation? Is there any estimation available from their speed?

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
I live in Waterloo region. The housing of Waterloo region has a program to support low income families or families with special needs. The supervisor of my previous house, superintended, helped me in filling the application forms. There is a list of reguired doucment and where you should mail your application. Also, the is co-sign person who may social worker or any offical. You need similar doument that you submit for Daycare.

They classify my application under urgent status, I have family member with spcial needs. After one year and two months waiting, I got the call to sing the new lease. They detrmine your rent based on your income, which is good for family with low or no income.

Look to the community housing where you live. Search the web. Give them a call and ask if there is any housing subsidy at your region. They will tell you.

maytheflower said:
Really?

Which province are you in?

Does the housing support work in specific province or whole Canada? I never heard about this.

Could you please clarify this?

Thanks,

Maytheflower

beauty00

Sep 11, 2012
salem10 said:
I live in Waterloo region. The housing of Waterloo region has a program to support low income families or families with special needs. The supervisor of my previous house, superintended, helped me in filling the application forms. There is a list of reguired doucment and where you should mail your application. Also, the is co-sign person who may social worker or any offical. You need similar doument that you submit for Daycare.

They classify my application under urgent status, I have family member with spcial needs. After one year and two months waiting, I got the call to sing the new lease. They detrmine your rent based on your income, which is good for family with low or no income.

Look to the community housing where you live. Search the web. Give them a call and ask if there is any housing subsidy at your region. They will tell you.
Hi, Salem10:
Thanks for much for sharing this. I also live in the region of Waterloo. I didn't know this before I signed the lease. But our price for two bedroom apartment (very nice and clean) is $846/month, I think it's a reasonable price. The superintendent told me it's already the price for low-income people, the gross family income cannot be more than 40,000.
I just filed my OHIP application in Kitchener office yesterday and got approved with the letter from OHIP committee in Kingston. And I am planning to have baby? Maybe we can share more information in the future.

vickyfellas

Oct 2, 2012
Hi All,

I'm somehow new to this forum and really enjoyed how people helped each other.
I reviewed some of the previous recent post but I didn't find my answer.

I'm a phD student in Quebec and preparing my application package for PhD stream,

In general information application package they asked for "Immigration office requested for processing the application".
But i do not know exactly should I write:

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa

or

"Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada"

Any suggestion please.

Best,

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyfellas said:
Hi All,

I'm somehow new to this forum and really enjoyed how people helped each other.
I reviewed some of the previous recent post but I didn't find my answer.

I'm a phD student in Quebec and preparing my application package for PhD stream,

In general information application package they asked for "Immigration office requested for processing the application".
But i do not know exactly should I write:

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa

or

Any suggestion please.

Best,

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
maytheflower said:
Nops. I belive this is wrong and it should be Case Processing Ottawa. Before it was Buffalo or your home country VO if close enough.

vickyfellas

Oct 2, 2012
Hello TyrusX,

This is also what is in my mind but i'm not sure.

TyrusX said:
Nops. I belive this is wrong and it should be Case Processing Ottawa. Before it was Buffalo or your home country VO if close enough.

vickyfellas

Oct 2, 2012
Hello All,

As far as I found the attestation issued by university should be sealed, since a friend of mine was rejected because as they said about their attestation "It doesn't bear the college/university seal of issuing Canadian educational institution"
I went to the student center to get my attestation sealed by they told me that it's not our policy.
We no way seal attestation letter even if the Queen requested!!

So, what should I do?

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyfellas said:
Hello All,

As far as I found the attestation issued by university should be sealed, since a friend of mine was rejected because as they said about their attestation "It doesn't bear the college/university seal of issuing Canadian educational institution"
I went to the student center to get my attestation sealed by they told me that it's not our policy.
We no way seal attestation letter even if the Queen requested!!

So, what should I do?

Unless I'm mistaken, "sealed" really means "stamped" here. The "seal" of the university should be, for example, a stamp that has the logo or the University name on it, that way, the people from CIC can be sure that your document is an original that comes from the University, and not a Word document that you made yourself.

I think the people who mentioned not "sealing" stuff thought that the application should be in a sealed enveloppe or something.
If you find any other administrative body within your university where you could get your attestation stamped, I'm pretty sure you should be fine (for example, it is very likely that most secretaries have such a stamp).

Let's see what the others say...I might be on the wrong track here....

vickyfellas

Oct 2, 2012
Thanks for your explanation.

But I wanna know is there anyone else had the same problem regarding sealed attestation letter?
I appreciate if you share your experinece with me in this matter,

Best,
VickyFellas

ASG said:
Unless I'm mistaken, "sealed" really means "stamped" here. The "seal" of the university should be, for example, a stamp that has the logo or the University name on it, that way, the people from CIC can be sure that your document is an original that comes from the University, and not a Word document that you made yourself.

I think the people who mentioned not "sealing" stuff thought that the application should be in a sealed enveloppe or something.
If you find any other administrative body within your university where you could get your attestation stamped, I'm pretty sure you should be fine (for example, it is very likely that most secretaries have such a stamp).

Let's see what the others say...I might be on the wrong track here....

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
TyrusX said:
yes , it has to be Case processing pilot- Ottawa or home country VO