+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
otacon said:
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."
I get the same error message. Probably nothing very important, and some kind of internal problem. BTW, this ECas is not informative at all, and is almost useless.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
rgb said:
For those having problems seeing ECAS. I believe it has nothing to do with the way you write your name.
Mine is gone too, and it was working before just fine.I have been asking people who can't see their ECAS to let us know what is the error.
I think it has to do with your process. My theory is that If you recently got any activity in your process, for instance medical request, then you may not be able to see your ECAS.
Octacon and myself got recently requested to do medical and since then we can't see ECAS.
Can anyone confirm this? For those who get the error "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided ", can you confirm that you recently got some action in your process?
Anyways, I was saying that ecas isn't it big deal to CIC - they have announced it with the quebec lost pr applicants group that they are slowly doing away with it. So I wouldn't be too worried about ecas and its reflection. Its really unreliable.

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
mapleisland said:
TyrusX,

Could you please update my status, I resent my application and reached sydney on Dec 24. And I just got PER today Feb 12 (Credit Card charged on Jan 30). The status shows "In process".

Thanks.
Hey Congrats!

Did you receive an email?

Judy_imm

Feb 12, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I know my questions may have been asked several times but there are so many posts here that I haven't been able to get complete answer to my question.

I am now qualified to apply (I have been a PhD student for two years) but the problem is with my employment letter from school since I am only showing my RA and marker positions. My RA and marker position are held for about 1 year and 5 months only (not the whole study) and the problem is that our school only gives the letter for complete years. for example they write xx hours per week for 50 weeks in 2011 and xx in 2012. They do not account the two months that I have in 2013. Does anybody has the same problem?

also our school doesn't write the complete ours they just say for example 20 hours RA, 5 hours TA, etc. The CIC will have to add them all together. Do they do that to get 37.5?

I really appreciate your help !

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Judy_imm said:
Hello Everyone,
I know my questions may have been asked several times but there are so many posts here that I haven't been able to get complete answer to my question.

I am now qualified to apply (I have been a PhD student for two years) but the problem is with my employment letter from school since I am only showing my RA and marker positions. My RA and marker position are held for about 1 year and 5 months only (not the whole study) and the problem is that our school only gives the letter for complete years. for example they write xx hours per week for 50 weeks in 2011 and xx in 2012. They do not account the two months that I have in 2013. Does anybody has the same problem?

also our school doesn't write the complete ours they just say for example 20 hours RA, 5 hours TA, etc. The CIC will have to add them all together. Do they do that to get 37.5?

I really appreciate your help !
You must have at least one year of work experience. Yes, they add up all the hours to see if you have 37.5 hrs/week or not! The most important thing is to make sure that your duties as RA/TA detailed in your reference letter match most of the duties as listed under the NOC code.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holygun said:
I got the application returned back to me 3rd time :)

Reason : Not enclosing the original copy of IELTS result. They say that I can submit a photocopy (as I did), if CIC keeps the original from a previous submission... (which they do)

Isn't it stupid? They are lazy, stupid and stupid again...
Oh my god! I hope that this doesn't happen to me too! I wrote a cover letter and explained this. I also wrote a note on the checklist that CIC retains the original. This is so stupid!

BTW, how can I update my info on the spreadsheet? Here's my info:

Previously application reached CIO August 27, 2012. Cashed on October 26, NER received November 9, 2012. Reason: No work experience shown.
Reapplied: reached CIO Jan 31, 2013. Not cashed yet.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Houra said:
Oh my god! I hope that this doesn't happen to me too! I wrote a cover letter and explained this. I also wrote a note on the checklist that CIC retains the original. This is so stupid!

BTW, how can I update my info on the spreadsheet? Here's my info:

Previously application reached CIO August 27, 2012. Cashed on October 26, NER received November 9, 2012. Reason: No work experience shown.
Reapplied: reached CIO Jan 31, 2013. Not cashed yet.
Did you show work experience now?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
If I request (in the CAIPS form) to give me my physical file, will they give me my original master certificate?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
If I request (in the CAIPS form) to give me my physical file, will they give me my original master certificate?
no

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I have a question. I am preparing my new application, but I am out of the translation of my master certificate. It takes me 1 month to get a new one and I need to send it back to home country which is risky.

My question is : can I get the physical file of my refused application, and from that, pick the certificate and put it in my new application?

Or can I somehow include a cover letter to state that my certificate is in the refused application?
From your post seems you have the original of your degree with you, am I right?
If so, why don't you translate it here?

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
That's true... My ecas still shows "we have received your application blah blah blah" even after receiving the medical request. Anyway, no news is good news

aidina said:
I get the same error message. Probably nothing very important, and some kind of internal problem. BTW, this ECas is not informative at all, and is almost useless.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
otacon said:
That's true... My ecas still shows "we have received your application blah blah blah" even after receiving the medical request. Anyway, no news is good news
True... no news is good news. :)

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
I just sent my application to the CIO, what is the next thing to expect?