+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
I have a question for snow_walker and Karmen, but since they may not follow this blog, perhaps TyrusX or someone else know the answer. I noticed that previous applicants got their passport back within a couple of week or even days of the passport request, but Karmen and Snow_walker got them back 20 days and month later, respectively. Was this because Karmen and snow-Walker sent their passports weeks after? or it was the visa office the one that took that long?
I'm asking because I have a couple of international trips scheduled in the next few months and once I get the passport request I'm gonna need to decide if I sent the passport right away or after my trip, depending on the timing.
I followed Snow-walker posts and he said when the passport was requested but no when he actually sent it.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
rgb said:
I have a question for snow_walker and Karmen, but since they may not follow this blog, perhaps TyrusX or someone else know the answer. I noticed that previous applicants got their passport back within a couple of week or even days of the passport request, but Karmen and Snow_walker got them back 20 days and month later, respectively. Was this because Karmen and snow-Walker sent their passports weeks after? or it was the visa office the one that took that long?
I'm asking because I have a couple of international trips scheduled in the next few months and once I get the passport request I'm gonna need to decide if I sent the passport right away or after my trip, depending on the timing.
I followed Snow-walker posts and he said when the passport was requested but no when he actually sent it.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
I think you get like 15 days to submit your passaport after the request. But they may take up to a month or 6 weeks to return it.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Some new activity
according to the CIC wesbite http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp,
2012/2013 batch of PhD stream application is currently at 288 of 1,000 (as of February 12, 2013).

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Some new activity
according to the CIC wesbite http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp,
2012/2013 batch of PhD stream application is currently at 288 of 1,000 (as of February 12, 2013).
it may be my cache, but I checked this morning and it was not updated. Going much faster compared to last year.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
TyrusX said:
I think you get like 15 days to submit your passaport after the request. But they may take up to a month or 6 weeks to return it.
I know one of my colleague who got the passport back after 3 months. It's upto them. I sent my passport to them immediately and they took the time. But now a days, I don't think it will take more than 3 weeks.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
This is what I got from the registrar when I asked for international tuition exemption.
_______
Here is information pertaining to the material you left with our office and to your questions. This information has been supplied by the UR International Office.

1. You must pay international tuition fees until the residence is granted by the Canadian Government.
2. Although you have received a notice of eligibility from the Canadian Government, this is not the granting of the residency.
3. Our undergraduate calendar stipulates that you must have the residence.

Each universities' rules depend on provincial jurisdiction. If you have any questions, or need further clarification, please contact the UR International office directly, as they will be able to advise you on what you need to do next.
_____

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
snow_walker said:
I know one of my colleague who got the passport back after 3 months. It's upto them. I sent my passport to them immediately and they took the time. But now a days, I don't think it will take more than 3 weeks.
Yes. I heard of people that took so long, they were forced to request the passport without visa back due to travel reasons! But it is rare.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
salam20 said:
This is what I got from the registrar when I asked for international tuition exemption.
_______
Here is information pertaining to the material you left with our office and to your questions. This information has been supplied by the UR International Office.

1. You must pay international tuition fees until the residence is granted by the Canadian Government.
2. Although you have received a notice of eligibility from the Canadian Government, this is not the granting of the residency.
3. Our undergraduate calendar stipulates that you must have the residence.

Each universities' rules depend on provincial jurisdiction. If you have any questions, or need further clarification, please contact the UR International office directly, as they will be able to advise you on what you need to do next.
_____
Are you in Ontario? If you are, I think, they *must* apply domestic tuition fee schedule to you.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
kg.jadu said:
Are you in Ontario? If you are, I think, they *must* apply domestic tuition fee schedule to you.
No, I am so sorry to tell you, it is Saskatchewan.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aililia said:
From your post seems you have the original of your degree with you, am I right?
If so, why don't you translate it here?
Not really. I don't have any translated one here. This was the problem.
But today I got the one that my university had. I am going to get a certified copy of it and put it in my new application.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Hi,

I'm a new member here and I am not sure if this question was already answered. I have passed my 2 yrs of full time PhD studies and I have RA. How do I prove that I have the 1 yr full time work experience? If I ask my supervisor to write a letter mentioning that I have worked 37.5 hr/week for the past 2 yrs would it be enough? in that case what other information should he put in the letter? Would greatly appreciate your answers.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
absolute_boy97 said:
Hi,

I'm a new member here and I am not sure if this question was already answered. I have passed my 2 yrs of full time PhD studies and I have RA. How do I prove that I have the 1 yr full time work experience? If I ask my supervisor to write a letter mentioning that I have worked 37.5 hr/week for the past 2 yrs would it be enough? in that case what other information should he put in the letter? Would greatly appreciate your answers.
You should read the document check-list for FSW MI4 released by CIC. It contains all the information you need.

ppb12

Jan 18, 2012
Apart from PR application, I have a question about study permit application.

For example, If I have document (enrollment, funding) for application till August, but I want to extend untill october which will cover my convocation. Can I put october in the application. Is it allowed?? What you guys do, if you can remember, Please share, that would be helpful for me to decide.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
aidina said:
You should read the document check-list for FSW MI4 released by CIC. It contains all the information you need.
Thanks a lot, well I have read that but it all talking about "company" but here I need to mention my RA work in the "university". if it is going to be the same for the university, if my supervisor writes a letter with all the details in mentioned in FSW MI4 form, is it going to be enough? and if it is, given that it will be even more than 1 year of experinec, would it help if I include some additional part time and a few months full time previous employments as well?