+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Holygun said:
I got the application returned back to me 3rd time :)

Reason : Not enclosing the original copy of IELTS result. They say that I can submit a photocopy (as I did), if CIC keeps the original from a previous submission... (which they do)

Isn't it stupid? They are lazy, stupid and stupid again...
sorry for this
you need to issue a copy from IELTS record in an enclosed envelope from the test center, it costs around $20. and attched it to you app.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
TyrusX said:
They will not remember anything. You should have put a cover letter over your IELTS copy saying they had kept the original because you were reapplying.
The intelligibility letter was attached to IELTS copy and was stating that...

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Holygun said:
The intelligibility letter was attached to IELTS copy and was stating that...
I'm sorry that you have to deal with their inefficiency, but unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do now but to resend your application with a copy of the IELTS score sheets (as salam20 said, you would need to pay 20 bucks for this). Let's just hope that they will assess your file much faster this time since they probably have had your application already on file. This also gives you an opportunity to double check (which you have probably done several times already by now probably) your work experience letter and everything else. And probably enclose a copy of bank statement 6 month history if you haven't already.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Holygun said:

Reason : Not enclosing the original copy of IELTS result. They say that I can submit a photocopy (as I did), if CIC keeps the original from a previous submission... (which they do)

What !!!!! :eek:

Never get frustrated and Never give up, order IELTS copy, mail your application back with necessary updates and a comprehensive cover letter

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
The_Prince said:
What !!!!! :eek:

Never get frustrated and Never give up, order IELTS copy, mail your application back with necessary updates and a comprehensive cover letter
This is unfortunate. Send a complete new application that does not depend on your previous submissions.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
I have a question. I am preparing my new application, but I am out of the translation of my master certificate. It takes me 1 month to get a new one and I need to send it back to home country which is risky.

My question is : can I get the physical file of my refused application, and from that, pick the certificate and put it in my new application?

Or can I somehow include a cover letter to state that my certificate is in the refused application?

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I have a question. I am preparing my new application, but I am out of the translation of my master certificate. It takes me 1 month to get a new one and I need to send it back to home country which is risky.

My question is : can I get the physical file of my refused application, and from that, pick the certificate and put it in my new application?

Or can I somehow include a cover letter to state that my certificate is in the refused application?
I think you can get a certified copy of your on-file masters degree from your PhD program administrator and ask him/her to certify it for you. That's what I did for my B.Sc. degree. (remember to have all the necessary endorsements for a certified copy i.e. name and stamp of the certifying authority, date and signature. Requirements of certified copies is outlined in CIC website)

Also, if they pay enough attention to your cover letter (unlike Holygun's case) it should be acceptable by them to use your degree from a previous application.

To be on the safe side, if you have other documents to prepare in the meantime, then try to get a new one from home.

rasuak

Feb 6, 2013
I applied as FSW as a PhD student, I can't access ecas from last week, it was working fine before. Am I the only one who had this issue? Please let me know your status, I am so worried.\Thanks

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
rasuak said:
I applied as FSW as a PhD student, I can't access ecas from last week, it was working fine before. Am I the only one who had this issue? Please let me know your status, I am so worried.\Thanks
I faced the same issue last week, after receiving my PER email. Now it's showing in process. I think this happens whenever there's some change in status.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
dj2009 said:
I think you can get a certified copy of your on-file masters degree from your PhD program administrator and ask him/her to certify it for you. That's what I did for my B.Sc. degree. (remember to have all the necessary endorsements for a certified copy i.e. name and stamp of the certifying authority, date and signature. Requirements of certified copies is outlined in CIC website)

Also, if they pay enough attention to your cover letter (unlike Holygun's case) it should be acceptable by them to use your degree from a previous application.

To be on the safe side, if you have other documents to prepare in the meantime, then try to get a new one from home.
That's risky to send my original certificate by mail.
Did they accept your certified copy of bachelor's degree?
And who did certify it for you? The office of graduate studies?

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
That's risky to send my original certificate by mail.
Did they accept your certified copy of bachelor's degree?
And who did certify it for you? The office of graduate studies?
Yes. It is risky to mail your degree. If you decide to go with that option, then it is best to send it over by a friend/passenger.
Seems like they have accepted my certified copy as they have not requested anything else in that regard YET!

Our graduate program administrator certified it for me. It had a stamp saying that "Certified by the Dept. of X at the Univ. of Y" + signature, position, and name of our grad. program administrator + date.

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
Holygun said:

Hi,

My application reached Sydney on Junuary 25th 2013. Since I was ineligible for processing when I applied back in June 2012, I sent the photocopy of my IELTS this time with the rejection letter as well as a cover letter, exactly the way they said in the checklist. But hearing what happened with Holygun, I am totally frustrated.

Jubayer

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
websphereguy said:
I've said it before because of my experience and also I had confirmation with a staff from the federal government when I went to renew my SIN card. According to her its normal to see the officers put your whole name in 1 word (Family Name) because of the confusion with applicants whose country doesn't have a clear use of first name and last name in their official papers.

So if for example your name is:

First Name (Given name): Harry
Last Name (Surname/Family Name): Houdini

Then just try to put in your ecas form for your Surname as the full "Harry Houdini" rather than Houdini.
If that works and they kinda change your name, then I say - don't worry about it as long as you know you are file, you are fine. You can sort it out with them later down the road.

However if this is not the case, then perhaps you should ask them about it. Or request for CAIPS to see what's going on. In any case, ecas system isn't really a big deal to CIC as they are in transition of doing away with the system.
For those having problems seeing ECAS. I believe it has nothing to do with the way you write your name.
Mine is gone too, and it was working before just fine.I have been asking people who can't see their ECAS to let us know what is the error.
I think it has to do with your process. My theory is that If you recently got any activity in your process, for instance medical request, then you may not be able to see your ECAS.
Octacon and myself got recently requested to do medical and since then we can't see ECAS.
Can anyone confirm this? For those who get the error "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided ", can you confirm that you recently got some action in your process?

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Feb2004 said:
I faced the same issue last week, after receiving my PER email. Now it's showing in process. I think this happens whenever there's some change in status.
I Agree :)
I saw your post after I posted mine, but you read my mind.

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
I cannot see my ecas too, but I haven't heard anything from them, no document request and no medical request.

rgb said:
I Agree :)
I saw your post after I posted mine, but you read my mind.