+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
absolute_boy97 said:
Thanks a lot, well I have read that but it all talking about "company" but here I need to mention my RA work in the "university". if it is going to be the same for the university, if my supervisor writes a letter with all the details in mentioned in FSW MI4 form, is it going to be enough? and if it is, given that it will be even more than 1 year of experinec, would it help if I include some additional part time and a few months full time previous employments as well?
Yes, it is more or less the same. It must be written on the university letterhead, including the number of hours working per week, all the duties (must match those listed under the NOC code), the employment starting date, and salary. In my opinion, have reference letters ready for whatever work experience you have had (of course they need to be continuous regardless of whether they are part or full time). You must show at least 1 year of continuous full time or equivalent part time (37.5 hrs/week) work experience.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
aidina said:
Yes, it is more or less the same. It must be written on the university letterhead, including the number of hours working per week, all the duties (must match those listed under the NOC code), the employment starting date, and salary. In my opinion, have reference letters ready for whatever work experience you have had (of course they need to be continuous regardless of whether they are part or full time). You must show at least 1 year of continuous full time or equivalent part time (37.5 hrs/week) work experience.
Thanks a lot , I didnt quite get the part you mentioned: "all the duties (must match those listed under the NOC code)". My field is electrical and electronics eng, which for I found this page with explanation about duties: www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2133 , so for example I should ask him to write about my duties in a way that falls into one of these categories (like conducting research , etc) . Right?!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
NEW NEWS !

Applications received toward the overall cap: 288 of 1,000 (as of February 12, 2013).

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
aidina said:
It is not new! :p
:)

Really !
But I haven't seen any previous posts about that

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
absolute_boy97 said:
Thanks a lot , I didnt quite get the part you mentioned: "all the duties (must match those listed under the NOC code)". My field is electrical and electronics eng, which for I found this page with explanation about duties: www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2133 , so for example I should ask him to write about my duties in a way that falls into one of these categories (like conducting research , etc) . Right?!
The NOC code for Research Assistantship is 4122 (this is the NOC code you must use in your application forms). Under this code, there are main duties listed for RA, and your duties as explained in your reference letters must match them (It is crucially important). These are the duties for RA as listed under the NOC code:

Research assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
Compile research results and assist professor in analysis of results and preparation of journal articles or papers.

LINK: http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/english/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4122

Since your job title is a post-secondary Research Assistant, your NOC code is 4122 nothing else!

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
aidina said:
The NOC code for Research Assistantship is 4122 (this is the NOC code you must use in your application forms). Under this code, there are main duties listed for RA, and your duties as explained in your reference letters must match them (It is crucially important). These are the duties for RA as listed under the NOC code:

Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
Compile research results and assist professor in analysis of results and preparation of journal articles or papers.

LINK: www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/english/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4122

Since your job title is a post-secondary Research Assistant, your NOC code is 4122 nothing else!
Oh wow, I didn't know that. Thanks a lot!! BTW about the avalilable funds in the bank account, is there a minimum value we should show? Can't we show our account history for say past year or something?

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
aidina said:

LINK: www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/english/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4122

and forgot to ask, where should I indicate this NOC code? it has to be mentioned in the letter from supervisor? where else should I mention it?

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:

LINK: http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/english/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4122

This is the code for 2006, the right code is 4012 for 2011 classification!

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
alfiz said:
Hello all,

I have a question about the PhD stream and the funds requirement. I just received an email for document request from the Ott-Pilot office. Similar to many other cases I have seen on this forum, they asked for 1- Proof of funds, 2- Evidence of account activity in the past 6 months.

I don't have the 11,000$ or so that is required for a single applicant. I have about 8,000$ in my account and that's it. At the time of application, I had a lot more money because I had received a lump sum payment to cover expenses for a year, which I have been spending from for almost a year now.

The question is, at this point is it reasonable for me to go and borrow money from somewhere or will that look bad? Also, would it be better if I included a letter from the university that I am a funded student and wrote another letter explaining the situation (with the lump sum payment and all)? How strict is the funding requirement?

Thanks very much.
Hi, I just saw your post but didnt find any answer to your questions which are also my questions. I am a paid RA in the university and I can show my bank account history or letter from supervisor that I will have enough funding etc. But do I have to declare a certain amount of money in my bank account anwyays??

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
The_Prince said:
:)

Really !
But I haven't seen any previous posts about that
Was updated yesterday afternoon

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
absolute_boy97 said:
and forgot to ask, where should I indicate this NOC code? it has to be mentioned in the letter from supervisor? where else should I mention it?
In one of the forms you are asked to provide the code. Depending on your family size, there is a minimum requirement you need to show as your available and transferable fund.