19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
sb414 said:
did they give you a chance to speak? or they only interviewed your wife?

I think they should change the way interviews are done. I know when my husband had his interview, I know of at least 3 people who were denied. I think if they have concerns and don't feel the relationship is genuine, then they should have another person there ready to conduct another interview. And I think they should speak to the sponsor, if they have any doubts. The letter with the interview date and information says that the sponsor needs to be available by phone, or if they are in the Country to attend. I don't think it's fair that the decision is made based on one agents opinion.

I'm so sorry that you and your wife were denied. I would suggest ordering your notes to see what their concerns are.
Are you going to reapply or appeal?
Agreed!! They should speak to both people!! How do you know of a marriage isn't real if you only speak to one person? If they don't actually know the correct answers to questions??

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Mrschino said:
Agreed!! They should speak to both people!! How do you know of a marriage isn't real if you only speak to one person? If they don't actually know the correct answers to questions??
Exactly.
And maybe there is a miscommunication! My husband was lucky and his interviewer spoke spanish, but I know others had an english interviewer and then a translator. Things can easily be misunderstood.
I think the sponsor has a right to have his/her side of the story told.
For example, my husband, a typical man, cannot for the life of him remember dates, or details about such minor things, and those are some of the questions that are being asked. It took my husband years, and several meetings with my parents to finally learn their names! It was hard for him because they were not spanish names, and he had never heard of those names until he met me. It doesn't make our marriage any less real

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
They don't give me a chance to talk. I asked them to give me the opportunity just to say a Word. They said no, because they already send me the email. So they told my wife not to worry. We have the option to appeal and we will win the appeal because the only cause to reject the is if the applicant has interdiction to entry in Canada or if the applicant has a criminel record.
But, they fail dominicans and suggest them to appeal on spot because they know if the marriage is not genuine (business) you be affaid to appeal. But if you appeal That's mean you are clean and you spouse will be with you in Canada.
Just take a little long.Yes I phoned my lawyer on the spot he told me don't panic ! We are going to take care of it. By the way my wife is younger That's normal and we are a beautiful couple with our pic posted on Facebook.
We have better looking than these People working at the ambassy. Lol. They are jealous !

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
partyblast said:
They don't give me a chance to talk. I asked them to give me the opportunity just to say a Word. They said no, because they already send me the email. So they told my wife not to worry. We have the option to appeal and we will win the appeal because the only cause to reject the is if the applicant has interdiction to entry in Canada or if the applicant has a criminel record.
But, they fail dominicans and suggest them to appeal on spot because they know if the marriage is not genuine (business) you be affaid to appeal. But if you appeal That's mean you are clean and you spouse will be with you in Canada.
Just take a little long.Yes I phoned my lawyer on the spot he told me don't panic ! We are going to take care of it. By the way my wife is younger That's normal and we are a beautiful couple with our pic posted on Facebook.
We have better looking than these People working at the ambassy. Lol. They are jealous !
at least you have a good attitude about it!
I think they are being hard on Dominican applicants.
Stay strong, you guys will get thru this!

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
partyblast said:
There is an appeals thread if you need any support! If a marriage is real, there is no reason to lose an appeal. A friend of mine had the option to appeal but unfortunately her lawyer told her that she would lose the appeal and she had zero chance, and no grounds to appeal. They never asked her anything, just denied on the spot and told to wait for her letter!

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
I am still in Dominican Republic .I am leaving to Montréal on wenesday and go back to my job. My lawyer couldn't told on the how long does take the appeal to be done. But my wife asked the person who interviewed her how long for the appeal process? She said 60 days and we don't need a lawyer. I suggest to every body on this Forum to always use a lawyer. I am not going to divorce my wife because the system fail to reunite us in Canada. This our Right and we will show they are wrong !
I suggest all dominicans to talk about the Abuse !
With the appeal it takes more time and more money before you can reunite with your familly in Canada has they promote . Now I live by myself and work very hard. We all need someone tô live together. Now 911 is still my familly??? Because I don't have a cat !

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
Do they only do spousal interviews? Or are there other types of visa applicants that are getting interview that might cloud the stats?

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
partyblast said:
I am still in Dominican Republic .I am leaving to Montréal on wenesday and go back to my job. My lawyer couldn't told on the how long does take the appeal to be done. But my wife asked the person who interviewed her how long for the appeal process? She said 60 days and we don't need a lawyer. I suggest to every body on this Forum to always use a lawyer. I am not going to divorce my wife because the system fail to reunite us in Canada. This our Right and we will show they are wrong !
I suggest all dominicans to talk about the Abuse !
With the appeal it takes more time and more money before you can reunite with your familly in Canada has they promote . Now I live by myself and work very hard. We all need someone tô live together. Now 911 is still my familly??? Because I don't have a cat !
Did they at least give a reason for denial so you know what their problem was?? They should give people a chance, seeming nervous should be acceptable, how could you not be nervous on a day that could potentially be life changing??

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
Various questions and Various reasons . For example, I married my wife 1 year 5 months after we met. They said we married too fast. Then the next applicant was asking the same question and was denied also because he married 2 years after meeting his wife. What ever you answer or you do they will fail you because they already set their mind. No matter what you do if you are not Lucky they will fail you.
If you are set for an interview, make sure you get use with the Word APPEAL with a good immigration lawyer in Site !

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
partyblast said:
Various questions and Various reasons . For example, I married my 1 years 5 months after we met. They said we married to fast. Then the next applicant was asking the same question and was denied also because he married 2 years after meeting his wife. What ever you answer or you do they will fail you because they already set their mind. No matter what you do if you are not Lucky they will fail you.
If you are set for an interview, make you get use to the Word APPEAL with a good immigration lawyer in Site !
That's ridiculous! I met my husband June 2013 and married October 2014.. no reason it would be fine for us but not you! Good luck with your appeal!

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
Any body ! They give you 1 month to appeal. Don't be late ! No matter what Canada is the best country in the World. We have 95 percent chance to win the appeal. Just be patient, That's all ! We have to remember that no one can tell where and when to get married or with to married too. The best It's to continue the same routine even after the denial so you have enough evidence to WIN the Appeal .

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
I agree though, I am pretty sure they have their decision made before the interview, and that is completely wrong.
I am already writing a letter to the immigration minister about my experience. I think the switch over from Santo Domingo to Mexico could of been handled better.
Maybe if many Dominican applicants write letters, maybe some kind of change will happen.

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
partyblast said:
Various questions and Various reasons . For example, I married my wife 1 year 5 months after we met. They said we married too fast. Then the next applicant was asking the same question and was denied also because he married 2 years after meeting his wife. What ever you answer or you do they will fail you because they already set their mind. No matter what you do if you are not Lucky they will fail you.
If you are set for an interview, make sure you get use with the Word APPEAL with a good immigration lawyer in Site !
I married my wife 1 year 1 month after we met and we were approved.
So based on that I don't think their minds are made up before the interview
I think it is more case of your guilty until you prove your innocence

sorry about your situation

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
Those People can drive you to any B.S argument just to fail the applicant. For example, I was married 1 year 5 months after we met. Then the next applicant failed too one of the reason because he was married too fast (2 years later)
So this is a lotto. We have to get Lucky sometimes in Domimican Republic. I don't mean to panic no one, but there is no respect and we do need some change !

sankyx

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Wow! Dominicans! :eek:

Well my situation is different, Im applying for a Work Permit. But its fun to meet people from the DR in this forum.