Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
sb414 said:
my husband paid $200 usd for the medical.
if Mexico didn't ask for photos, don't waste your money to mail them. From Santo Domingo, it costs 2000 pesos to mail to Mexico.. more if you are not in the capital
Ok, your right I won't waste. I'll wait. Hopefully we don't have to send.

Tater

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
AOR Received.
15-014-2016
I read somewhere that if you had tattoos that it cost more for the medical.. anyone run into this problem? our app has been sent to Mexico but my hubby hasn't got his medical yet and will be doing soon.

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Tater said:
I read somewhere that if you had tattoos that it cost more for the medical.. anyone run into this problem? our app has been sent to Mexico but my hubby hasn't got his medical yet and will be doing soon.
I think someone once said its an extra 700 pesos if you have tattoos or piercings, but I am not positive

Tater

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
AOR Received.
15-014-2016

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
sb414 said:
I think someone once said its an extra 700 pesos if you have tattoos or piercings, but I am not positive

My husband had to pay more for tattoos, couldn't say exactly how much but sounds about right!

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
BE CAREFUL ! Sponsorship from Dominican Republic ! After they send your file to Mexico where it takes 11or 12 months, then they send you an email or letter for interview at the Canadian Ambassy in Santo Domingo.
Most likely It's a Dead End, were they're will fail the applicant and give you the option for Appeal.
I've been there last week and this is a waste of time when they're already think that all dominican People do marriage business !
This is very strange that no one complaining about that on this Forum site !

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
partyblast said:
BE CAREFUL ! Sponsorship from Dominican Republic ! After they send your file to Mexico where it takes 11or 12 months, then they send you an email or letter for interview at the Canadian Ambassy in Santo Domingo.
Most likely It's a Dead End, were they're will fail the applicant and give you the option for Appeal.
I've been there last week and this is a waste of time when they're already think that all dominican People do marriage business !
A few of us, including myself have had interviews and have receive good outcomes.

Sorry if you had a bad experience

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
partyblast said:
My husband is from Dominicam Republic, and waited 14 months for an interview and was approved.
I do not agree with how Mexico has been handling some applications. My husband's interview was 3 months ago, they have had his passport for over a month and we were told it could be another 2-3 more weeks.
All you can do is write to your MP, and hope they can help

MissSauce

Mar 1, 2016
expectin said:
Well the CICI PAGE Is showin that the procesing times are again 15 months, hope this
in any case would be good for dominican aplicants, lets see.

That's exciting. I'm awaiting my interview date, so I'm hoping soon. Lord willing

Tater

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
AOR Received.
15-014-2016
And yet there are people who have gotten their spouses here in 7-9 months.. not everyone has a bad experience. Positivity is better than being negative in my opinion.

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
partyblast said:
If you are required to have an interview, it is because they see something in the file they want clarified, even genuine marriages have been questioned, and if you are waiting the 11, 12 and even 14 months for an interview, even before knowing if you will be interviewed, you should be spending that time preparing in case you are interviewed. There will always be things that you will not know about each other, things that don't come up in everyday conversation, but from the time you meet each other until the interview is more than enough time to prepare! I assume the sponsor will always believe the marriage is genuine, but unfortunately there's going to be times where both people don't feel the same. I have heard of many people passing their interviews in santo Domingo, and many people being denied, mostly because of age differences they don't think it's love. I honestly feel like they see the age difference and assume it is only for a visa, maybe they know they will deny them right away but must grant an interview. I also read that if the sponsor doesn't attend the interview, they think they aren't supporting each other.

I was lucky enough not to need an interview, and I know if we would have been interviewed there are many things in life me and my husband don't discuss, and I know we would have had trouble, but it doesn't mean we don't love each other!

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Mrschino said:
If you are required to have an interview, it is because they see something in the file they want clarified, even genuine marriages have been questioned, and if you are waiting the 11, 12 and even 14 months for an interview, even before knowing if you will be interviewed, you should be spending that time preparing in case you are interviewed. There will always be things that you will not know about each other, things that don't come up in everyday conversation, but from the time you meet each other until the interview is more than enough time to prepare! I assume the sponsor will always believe the marriage is genuine, but unfortunately there's going to be times where both people don't feel the same. I have heard of many people passing their interviews in santo Domingo, and many people being denied, mostly because of age differences they don't think it's love. I honestly feel like they see the age difference and assume it is only for a visa, maybe they know they will deny them right away but must grant an interview. I also read that if the sponsor doesn't attend the interview, they think they aren't supporting each other.

I was lucky enough not to need an interview, and I know if we would have been interviewed there are many things in life me and my husband don't discuss, and I know we would have had trouble, but it doesn't mean we don't love each other!
my husband was interviewed, and as far as we are concerned, he was picked randomly.
we ordered the notes prior to his interview, and they were all positive comments.. I even showed them to my MP and he said he didn't understand the need for the interview. My husband was also approved for a visitor visa. When it came to his interview, he was in and out in under 25 minutes, and they barely asked him anything!
We were not worried though, because we were fortunate enough to have lived together for more than 2 years, and know each other in and out.

Sooo I believe that some interviews must be random.

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
sb414 said:
my husband was interviewed, and as far as we are concerned, he was picked randomly.
we ordered the notes prior to his interview, and they were all positive comments.. I even showed them to my MP and he said he didn't understand the need for the interview. My husband was also approved for a visitor visa. When it came to his interview, he was in and out in under 25 minutes, and they barely asked him anything!
We were not worried though, because we were fortunate enough to have lived together for more than 2 years, and know each other in and out.

Sooo I believe that some interviews must be random.
Exactly! You had absolutely no reason for interview! I think there are cases where they look at a file and have their mind made up beforehand (like 20 year age gaps) but people should be doing their homework and be finding out everything you can while the file is being processed!

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
We had our interview on Friday. My wife is the applicant and I me the sponsor. I was there too ! So, 3 People had appointment that day and all had fail the interview. Someone told that the day before, 7 People was scheduled and they all failed. If you had interview on 2013 , you were Lucky. Now everything change in Santo Domingo since Mexico toke over. I think same sex marriage has more chance to Grant the PR in Santo Domingo because they will affaid that they yell DISCRIMINATION ! but denied the dominicans legally married résidency in Canada It's an ABUSE ! Because someone cannot define our relationship just by a few questions. Who are they ? The Land Lord of Canada ?

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
partyblast said:
We had our interview on Friday. My wife is the applicant and I me the sponsor. I was there too ! So, 3 People had appointment that day and all had fail the interview. Someone told that the day before, 7 People was scheduled and they all failed. If you had interview on 2013 , you were Lucky. Now everything change in Santo Domingo since Mexico toke over. I think same sex marriage has more chance to Grant the PR in Santo Domingo because they will affaid that they yell DISCRIMINATION ! but denied the dominicans legally married résidency in Canada It's an ABUSE ! Because someone cannot define our relationship just by a few questions. Who are they ? The Land Lord of Canada ?
did they give you a chance to speak? or they only interviewed your wife?

I think they should change the way interviews are done. I know when my husband had his interview, I know of at least 3 people who were denied. I think if they have concerns and don't feel the relationship is genuine, then they should have another person there ready to conduct another interview. And I think they should speak to the sponsor, if they have any doubts. The letter with the interview date and information says that the sponsor needs to be available by phone, or if they are in the Country to attend. I don't think it's fair that the decision is made based on one agents opinion.

I'm so sorry that you and your wife were denied. I would suggest ordering your notes to see what their concerns are.
Are you going to reapply or appeal?