File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
Kat*waitingpatiently said:
Hi all,

As some of you might know already that Afghans in Afghanistan just recently had the opportunity to get digital passports.... So my husband also got a digital passport.... The problem is his full name has too many letters and they had to edit his middle name.... So his middle name is now missing a letter.

My question is when the visa office asks for his passport should he send the new passport with the edited name or his old hand written passport that has his full name spelled correctly??
Do not play with your name, just extend the old passport with correct name... Why they would do this thing, and digital passports have enough space to have full name to be accommodated as long the name is not of Sri Lanka origins, Hahahaha, just joking...
Send the old and that is his only passport and he never used another name, and there is no name change... Any change needs legal documents and verifications... which obviously your husband does not have....

EXMANE

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Islam Abad - New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
Kat*waitingpatiently said:
Hi all,

As some of you might know already that Afghans in Afghanistan just recently had the opportunity to get digital passports.... So my husband also got a digital passport.... The problem is his full name has too many letters and they had to edit his middle name.... So his middle name is now missing a letter.

My question is when the visa office asks for his passport should he send the new passport with the edited name or his old hand written passport that has his full name spelled correctly??
Afghans have an interesting way of doing and thinking... They made mistake on my wife's passport, and when I told them why, they blamed the system, and when I pushed harder, they blamed me.... The mistake was the date birth day which was one day different, however it was before submitting my papers, so that does not make a difference... Be careful with your case and send the passport you already submitted....

yasmeen143

Jul 4, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad transferred to New Delhi on Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 26, 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 10, 2013 to Islamabad - transferred to New Delhi on Jan 28, 2014
Med's Request
Re-medical Request September 17, 2014, Did Re-medical September 23, 2014
Med's Done....
First Med done - July 2013
Interview........
No - Thank God
Passport Req..
Nov 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS - IP Oct 15, 2014
LANDED..........
DM & PPR Nov 4, 2014. Sent PP on Nov 12, CIC Received it on Nov 13. Received Passport with Visa on Dec 3rd, 2014 - Landed on Dec 16th, 2014
Mazar_Sponsor said:
You can do the mailing if its a authorized mailer for Canadian Visa office from Afghanistan to Delhi but it will take time for it to come to Delhi. ( You have 30 says to submit it ). When they receive it, they will take time working on the visa.

The Passport with visa will be mailed to your authorized friends home at Delhi ( if hes not at home, it will be resent to VFS more delay ) then he would need to mail it to your husband ( even longer Delay depending on how long visa is valid until )

That is why if you follow my advise and If your husband went in person, they would see he is in Delhi himself and will issue it faster than Islamabad ( so put a copy of his flight ticket showing his flight ticket back to Kabul, highlight his return day).

Again, I am in your humble service if you have questions :)

Best wishes to all, Ecas should update Monday-Tuesday and our Passport with visa should arrive

Note

NDVO is closes on Diwali, October 23

Link of Holidays:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
Best of luck and I you wish get your Visa soon bakhair, Thanks again I agree with you on this. Great idea.

He knows a lot of people who are studying in New Delhi from Kabul so there is always someone travelling back and forth but again we should't risk. I will tell him that it is better for him to go to Delhi and he can even stay there longer like a month or more. Plus it's great to send his ticket info to make the officer understand the urgency.

sadafN

Apr 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-14-13
File Transfer...
03-23-2014 from Islamabad to New Dehli
Med's Request
Remed done 09/04/2014
Med's Done....
02-14-13
Interview........
Wived
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Wajea said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]TO ALL MEMBER ( SADAF & MAZAR SPONSER )
Does Any One Knew in Estimate How Much it take processing Humanitarian & Compassionate Case For Afghan Family in Islamabad Office & After it's sent to Canada ? Total Duration ( 6 Years , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 or 10+ )
Thanks.
[/size][/size]
I seen some with time line of 4yrs some with 3yrs some with more then 6 yrs! It all depends on the case I guess and it's much quicker and more possiblities if you apply for Humanitarian from India

namat

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ---New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
soon?
LANDED..........
i really dont see it coming
khatera said:
Thanks Namat for your great advise and push. Sure, I can make the time to appear to his interview.I really want him to pass the interview successfully. wish you the best with your case too brother. :)
Khudawand mihraban hama ma ra komak kona. Tawakal ba khuda jan
Anytime, all the best on your preparations!!

sadafN

Apr 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-14-13
File Transfer...
03-23-2014 from Islamabad to New Dehli
Med's Request
Remed done 09/04/2014
Med's Done....
02-14-13
Interview........
Wived
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
To night I'm very hopefull! Allah is great

Nick_afg

Feb 29, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-islamabad-New Delhi India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/12/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-14 from Islamabad to new Delhi
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
Redemical sent to NDVO on 27 July 14 E case changed to in process on 07-07-14
Interview........
Wieved
Passport Req..
April 16-2015 pp submitted 24/April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
29 April 2015
LANDED..........
14 may 2015 alhamdulilah
Mazar_Sponsor said:
The reason they need a Pakistani Address is to have something on file. NDVO is dealing cases from Afghanistan, Bhutan and Nepal. Which means you can also submit the Passport at New Delhi.

If you come to Delhi, you go to Nehru Place, International Twin Tower ( right beside the Metro Station ).

I can get in details if your in this stage and doing from Delhi. I believe NDVO is faster than Islamabad and much safer. No hassle of running around.

Take care guys. Watching Comedy Night with Kapil
it is a very good idea to get ur visa from dehli but I think when u get ppr they already send ur visa to Islamabad if u are resident in Afghanistan right? Than when they findout that u submitte ur pp to new dehli office than they ll ask Islamabad to send back the printed visa to dehli visa office it's means more delay , I am not sure I am just guessing correct me if I am wrong please or how to let the cic know that the applicant is living in Afghanistanbut I want to submitte my pp to New Delhi visa office not to islamabad visa office , is there any way to tell theme before ppr?

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wajea said:
Salam After a long time.
Does Any One Knew in Estimate How Much it take processing Humanitarian & Compassionate Case For Afghan Family in Islamabad Office & After it's sent to Canada ? Total Duration ( 6 Years , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 or 10+ )
Thanks.
Depends on the Visa Office. Average for Islamabad is 29months

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EXMANE said:
Do not play with your name, just extend the old passport with correct name... Why they would do this thing, and digital passports have enough space to have full name to be accommodated as long the name is not of Sri Lanka origins, Hahahaha, just joking...
Send the old and that is his only passport and he never used another name, and there is no name change... Any change needs legal documents and verifications... which obviously your husband does not have....
" As long as the name is not Sri Lanka origins "

Haha, you killed me from that joke. It reminded me of Russell Peters ( Comedian ) joking about Sri Lankans Names

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasmeen143 said:
Best of luck and I you wish get your Visa soon bakhair, Thanks again I agree with you on this. Great idea.

He knows a lot of people who are studying in New Delhi from Kabul so there is always someone travelling back and forth but again we should't risk. I will tell him that it is better for him to go to Delhi and he can even stay there longer like a month or more. Plus it's great to send his ticket info to make the officer understand the urgency.
2 weeks should be fine. Maybe a bit longer ( Saturday and Sunday are closed ).

1 month is long time, shouldnt take long. Ours has been 10 days ( including Saturday, Sunday and Diwali coming up )

Without weekend, its 5 days ( submited to VFS on Friday, they processing from monday-Friday. Today is Monday. I am hoping it finishes by Wednesday, Thursday Diwali closed )

Then get our Exit visa and prepare for travel

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Islamabad-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014 to New Delhi, June 2013 to Islamabad
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
First - 20-11-2012, Second - 02-07-2014
Interview........
Hopefully Waived :D
Passport Req..
In Sha Allah soon bakhair :)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
EXMANE said:
You do NOT, NOT, NOT have to bribe, but I believe they charge 20 dollars per year, and they do 3 or 5 year extension... Make sure that he extend it not applying for new because it is already in his file and it makes things easy... It should take a week to finish it.... The legal way says two or three days, which is submission, extending and pick up... However, I know that majority of Afghans are like Pharoas at their work, knowing someone as Waseta will make things easier...
However, giving a ten dollar tip to a pyada or an official like we have to give to a waitress here, is called Shirini in Aafghanistan, so if it helps to accelerate it the process, then it is worth it...
Lool yeah I won't let him bribe anyone,
I remember when he was getting his documents translated in 2012 for sponsorship, someone had told him to bribe the people at the office to reduce the wait, and the people at the office had told him that he should not try these tactics here otherwise they will complaint against him. So his lesson was learnt to not try to bribe anyone lol. Also, I will ask him if he knows anyone, hopefully he does and could get the passport extended in less time :)

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Islamabad-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014 to New Delhi, June 2013 to Islamabad
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
First - 20-11-2012, Second - 02-07-2014
Interview........
Hopefully Waived :D
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mazar_Sponsor said:
2 weeks should be fine. Maybe a bit longer ( Saturday and Sunday are closed ).

1 month is long time, shouldnt take long. Ours has been 10 days ( including Saturday, Sunday and Diwali coming up )

Without weekend, its 5 days ( submited to VFS on Friday, they processing from monday-Friday. Today is Monday. I am hoping it finishes by Wednesday, Thursday Diwali closed )

Then get our Exit visa and prepare for travel
What do you need the exit visa for Mazar_sponsor?

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick_afg said:
it is a very good idea to get ur visa from dehli but I think when u get ppr they already send ur visa to Islamabad if u are resident in Afghanistan right? Than when they findout that u submitte ur pp to new dehli office than they ll ask Islamabad to send back the printed visa to dehli visa office it's means more delay , I am not sure I am just guessing correct me if I am wrong please or how to let the cic know that the applicant is living in Afghanistanbut I want to submitte my pp to New Delhi visa office not to islamabad visa office , is there any way to tell theme before ppr?
You can call the Call centre at Canada. Just tell them you would like your visa stamping done at Delhi instead of Islamabad. They will prepare it for you ahead of time.

I forgot to mention that part, was watching Comedy night with Kapil and wasnt thinking about that process.

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zshah said:
What do you need the exit visa for Mazar_sponsor?
My spouse has a Entry Visa when she came here so i need to go FRRO and get her exit visa.

Its going to cost some money for Overstay but its all good. I have already been planning for this part.

For 1-3month overstay, its cost $70 i think or less. So have to get this done ASAP when her visa arrives

namat

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ---New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
soon?
LANDED..........
i really dont see it coming
Hey guys,
I submitted remed in july and they didnt process it when i checked in september. I ordered my notes o should be getting it in november first week or so. Just wanted to ask if this was normal and if anyone else is in the same position. Thanks in advance