+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan Spouse Sponsorship thru India

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick_afg said:
salaam mazar brother I think ur trip was to tajmahal agra right ? I been In Agra tajmahal noshy jaan bro lol , I have a question u get ppr first and than ur ecase change to DM or u get DM first and than ppr ?
Ours was PPR than DM. Jaipur is further than Agra and Taj Mahal

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasmeen143 said:
oopsy I had missed it, just read now.

I think you are absolutely correct. But I think if we say that we will have this person authorized to receive the passport then it will be fine.

I remember my bro in law having an address in Pakistan and they did mail it to him but he had to go to the border to receive it from those people whom received it but again it takes longer in Pakistan compared to NDVO.

Thanks again, maybe guide us after we receive it as well you are so good. I will suggest my husband your way it's much better.
You can do the mailing if its a authorized mailer for Canadian Visa office from Afghanistan to Delhi but it will take time for it to come to Delhi. ( You have 30 says to submit it ). When they receive it, they will take time working on the visa.

The Passport with visa will be mailed to your authorized friends home at Delhi ( if hes not at home, it will be resent to VFS more delay ) then he would need to mail it to your husband ( even longer Delay depending on how long visa is valid until )

That is why if you follow my advise and If your husband went in person, they would see he is in Delhi himself and will issue it faster than Islamabad ( so put a copy of his flight ticket showing his flight ticket back to Kabul, highlight his return day).

Again, I am in your humble service if you have questions :)

Best wishes to all, Ecas should update Monday-Tuesday and our Passport with visa should arrive

Note

NDVO is closes on Diwali, October 23

Link of Holidays:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Islamabad-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014 to New Delhi, June 2013 to Islamabad
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
First - 20-11-2012, Second - 02-07-2014
Interview........
Hopefully Waived :D
Passport Req..
In Sha Allah soon bakhair :)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yasmeen143 said:
Salam Zshah jaan, welcome to the Forum.

have they asked for the passport yet?

By the way I have no experience but I would like to find this out myself as well. From what I have heard from other people on the forum, it seems like they can't send it directly from Afg to Pakistan. Some members of this forum have mentioned they are asked to provide a return address that is in Pakistan because they won't mail out the passport outside Pakistan.

Please anyone who has experience advise.
Thank you for your reply yasmeen Jaan
No I didn't get a passport request yet
I am waiting for it
It was a concern that came in my mind

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Outlandish said:
Welcome to the forum. We have a similar timeline...have you received passport request? My husband also got his remed at the end of June but we haven't heard anything since

Congrats on the IP yasmeen! That is awesome news!
Salaam outlandish Jaan
Yeah he got remedical request like two days after you did
And I am still waiting for ppr

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mazar_Sponsor said:
Salam and hello Everyone, I just woke up, 11:26am... I dreamed of me being a undercover cop and chasing some bad guy with fast cars ( ever watched Fast and Furious 5?, same as that ).

It is illegal to mail passport in or outside of country. It has to be inside of the Country.

Lets imagine this;

If it mentions on the letter that you can mail it... then you can provide this " someones address " but When the mailman comes in, there will be a problem if this persons identity does not match or he is not authorized to sign it because he is living in Delhi but Passport is Afghanistan, sent by Pakistan Canadian High Commission.

The delivery man will take it back, and hold it until your husband arrives and picks it up. Where as he fan get in more trouble by Indian authorities...

My advise for you and your husband would be that instead of mailing to Pakistan ( Islamabad ) or Delhi, he should come at Delhi, hand it himself and pick it up himself from Delhi. Takes 5 days ( Monday-Friday ).

This way, he can prevent delays in delivery. Also, in Islamabad, they take longer than Delhi as you can see the Delhi Applicants. Make sure to Book Flight accordingly, maybe on the 10th day incase it takes a bit longer

I will re write you requirements when your PPR comes, to make it easier on you ( the letter is confusing )

* Edit *

ZShah, this would should answer your question as well.
Thank you Mazar_sponsor for your reply
So according to you there is a possibility of them asking to send the passport to India?
And if they don't ask to send it to India but instead to Pakistan, can we send it to India?
Thank you :)

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nick_afg said:
Salaam everyone : Mazar brother welcome back and thank u for having good feeling about my case I hope u get visa for ur wife very soon I inshallah . Welcome dear ZSHAH to the forum our timeline the same and it's looks like u got ppr I am just guessing , and Answer to ur Q , actually this thing bothering me as we'll but we had a member here in this forum who got ppr and her husband was in Afghanistan than her husband went to Islamabad stayed in a hotel he sent his pp by tcs mailing service with a letter stating (
as a response to your request, my passport is attached, along with a pakistan address. however i would appreciate it if i could come in to pick up my passport with visa, as it s more reliable this way. please do not hold for collection from courrier office.
thank you in advance

any q. pls email or call) and than the same thing happened cic Islamabad called her husband to come and pick up his pp with visa so I think this a good idea for afghans living in Afghanistan .
Thank you nick bro Jaan for you respond
Yeah our timeline is very same
Waiting for the ppr though
It was a concern that has been bothering me since we got remedical
So it's better for him to go to Pakistan and stay there for a few days and pick up the passport
That makes a lot more sense than mailing the passport to Pakistan
I really hope we all get ppr soon bakhair :)

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sorry guys but I had one more concern
My husband's passport is about to expire in April 2015
So in about 6 months or less
Do you guys suggest him to renew his passport and scan and email it to the visa office or don't worry about it?
Sorry and thank you again :)

EXMANE

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Islam Abad - New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
zshah said:
Do you guys suggest him to renew his passport and scan and email it to the visa office or don't worry about it?
Passports have to be valid at least 6 months before anyone will issue a visa... This rule applies at an embassy... Maybe he should extend the validity of passport...

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
EXMANE said:
Passports have to be valid at least 6 months before anyone will issue a visa... This rule applies at an embassy... Maybe he should extend the validity of passport...
Thank you for your respond EXMANE
so should he extend the validity of the passport for another year or so?
And do you by any chance know how long the passport office will take to extend the validity of the passport?

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zshah said:
Thank you Mazar_sponsor for your reply
So according to you there is a possibility of them asking to send the passport to India?
And if they don't ask to send it to India but instead to Pakistan, can we send it to India?
Thank you :)
I have seen another person from Islamabad, it said they have a choice to send it to NDVO or Islamabad so if you do, i would recommend you guys to send it NDVO via VFS office. Deliver it yourself and pick up.

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zshah said:
I can tell you that this may delay the process. As mentioned, your passport has to be valid 6months prior to being given your Visa. It shouldnt take long, maybe a week with bribe at Afghanistan. Get the Passport ASAP.

Incase you get PPR, You can send both ( old and new ) Passports along with a letter saying this is your new passport as the old one is near expiry ( I think they will make exception or else delay your case )

If you don't get PPR and got a new passport or extended the validity;

You may want to ask your MP. If the MP said to inform, request them to do it. The MP can do it right away rather then wait for Embassy to reply

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mazar_Sponsor said:
I can tell you that this may delay the process. As mentioned, your passport has to be valid 6months prior to being given your Visa. It shouldnt take long, maybe a week with bribe at Afghanistan. Get the Passport ASAP.

Incase you get PPR, You can send both ( old and new ) Passports along with a letter saying this is your new passport as the old one is near expiry ( I think they will make exception or else delay your case )

If you don't get PPR and got a new passport or extended the validity;

You may want to ask your MP. If the MP said to inform, request them to do it. The MP can do it right away rather then wait for Embassy to reply
Thank you,
I will right away tell him to visit the passport office and extend the validity of the passport
Hopefully it does not delay my process
and I will also speak to the MP
and inform you guys if I get PPR :)

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zshah said:
Thank you,
I will right away tell him to visit the passport office and extend the validity of the passport
Hopefully it does not delay my process
and I will also speak to the MP
and inform you guys if I get PPR :)
If he can Extend his Passport, then he does not have anything to worry about. No need to inform MP then. They will give you useless information and delay it.

My advise was for If he was going to " Renew " the Passport then it would have been alot of work

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mazar_Sponsor said:
If he can Extend his Passport, then he does not have anything to worry about. No need to inform MP then. They will give you useless information and delay it.

My advise was for If he was going to " Renew " the Passport then it would have been alot of work
Oh I see, I will ask him to extend it
and should i inform the visa office right away or wait until they say something?

khatera

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Saeed.Afghan said:
I'm glad that I can help. Amin to your duas ;)

Well, after an MP enquiry we found out like 5-6 months before the interview that our medical had expired. My consultant said that if we want we can do the med exam again and bring it with us to the interview just in case they tell us to do re-med. I was confused and thought that what if we paid all that money for the re-med (I think it's expensive, but I forgot), brought it to the interview, and they say that it's not acceptable, you have to do it again?

So I didn't do it and, alas, after the interview they said that as soon as we do the med exam again then they will proceed with the processing to issue the visa (something like that).

Sooo we decided to do re-med here in Afg.

BIG PROBLEM IN KABUL: there's only 1 place to do med exam and they'll probably make your appointment later; I think it's cuz there are lots of appointments. For my wife they made her appointment 12 days after we called them :(. Oh God make us patient and reduce our stress!

Sister Khatera, it might help if you do the med exam before the interview and bring the result sheet with you. I honestly don't know if they'll accept it then or tell you to do it again. I should've asked the visa officer. Or you can contact the embassy now by phone and email and ask them yourself if you can do the re-med now. But another thing is that they email the med exam results to the embassy in ND, right?

A lot of questions and concerns, so I hope we can find the right answers and take the best actions for our benefit.

Remember cvimm? He did the re-med in New Delhi after the interview, stayed there, and got the visa in 2 weeks.
salam saeed bro, thank you very much for the great idea, doing in india is also an option and it happened to civmm.:) I hope it happens the same for me too or I see if I can contact the embassy by phone. I wish you the best luck with your wife's visa inshalah. We keep hope ba Khuda jan:)

Saeed bro,
I am concern of the interpreter for my husband. Could you plz tell me which one you had, i mean which company and what the prices is good for Dari language.( As I see long lists of interpreters and companies with prices)..... it seems so confusing for me as we both are new in india and I have to meet my husband in india as I can take only a few days off from my study. If you choose the one the is good plz provide me the information? this will be a great help.