+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello!

Quick question: when do you submit your PCC during PR application if you got your PCC after you had submitted your application already? Do I wait until IRCC asks for it or I can just submit it somewhere?
I already had police certificate so I just submitted it. But if they don't ask then you don't have to get it yet, they may never ask for it.

Reactions: Sabu61@@

nigah66

Oct 2, 2023
Applied permanent resident: 26 June 2023
AOR: 26 September 2023 with XG number
Requested Biometric and police certificate letter: 19 December 2023 with G000 number
Work permit expired: April 2024
Extention letter received: for 4 months till September 2024
No update since then
Problem faced:
The police certificate I submitted because my fingerprints are found in their system, but husband’s fingerprints are not found in their system, so didn't iissue to my husband. Kuwait does not provide a Police Clearance Certificateas their system for expats is unreliable, I took screen shot and submitted all communications related PCC to IRCC webform. When I asked IRCC, they said that an officer is reviewing our application and it is currently in process.
Is there anyone who has a situation like me. They will accept my PR application while i don't provide my husband’s PCC? But I submitted as a primary applicant.
our case is similar.

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
I gave my PCC on Sep 2023 as well. I applied for PR in April 2023 but they asked for a PCC which I submitted in their time frame. Today I got a pre arrival letter. Nothing updated aside that
Congratulations, Hoping to receive my pre-arrival letter soon as well..

Reactions: Zuzu1111

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
You know what happened! My medical was saying that I passed the medical since I linked my application to my gckey account. Recently I just wanted to check and I logged in. There was update. I clicked and medical removed (it is just blank) and it doesn’t say that I passed the medical.
But I called IRCC and agent said that it looks still passed. I thought maybe they are working on it and I’ll receive something soon. Let’s see. My eligibility has not started yet.
Even on my GC key it shows blank but on my GCMS notes it says passed.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Received it on beginning of Feb 2024. And received Pre-arrival letter end of Feb 2024.
I didn't receive it. I asked about it to My former lawyer and she said sometimes immigration don't send elegibility notice. Is not usual For refugees just in immigration streams.

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
I already had police certificate so I just submitted it. But if they don't ask then you don't have to get it yet, they may never ask for it.
Its only requested to the candidates who lived in another country for more than 6 months, technically its not from your home country, people applying for refugee status from their own country won’t have clear PCC (most cases). Dont provide it unless they ask for it. For example I lived in Australia for 5 years so they requested for PCC from Australia, although Im Indian citizen.

jas!

Jul 21, 2024
our case is similar.
1. Kindly provide an update on your PR status assessment. Has your criminality and security been cleared, or is it still pending? My criminality assessment has been cleared, however, my security assessment is still in progress.
2. Additionally, I am facing difficulties linking my PR application to GCKEY. An IRCC agent informed me that protected persons are unable to link their application with GCKEY. 3. Do you have any insights or information regarding the GCKEY linking process that you could share with me?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
1. Kindly provide an update on your PR status assessment. Has your criminality and security been cleared, or is it still pending? My criminality assessment has been cleared, however, my security assessment is still in progress.
2. Additionally, I am facing difficulties linking my PR application to GCKEY. An IRCC agent informed me that protected persons are unable to link their application with GCKEY. 3. Do you have any insights or information regarding the GCKEY linking process that you could share with me?

Try one in number of applicants.
Even if You have dependents. That's work.

Queenlaw

Star Member
Dec 29, 2023
You know what happened! My medical was saying that I passed the medical since I linked my application to my gckey account. Recently I just wanted to check and I logged in. There was update. I clicked and medical removed (it is just blank) and it doesn’t say that I passed the medical.
But I called IRCC and agent said that it looks still passed. I thought maybe they are working on it and I’ll receive something soon. Let’s see. My eligibility has not started yet.
It expired and they renewed it. That’s why you can’t see it anymore