+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Shiny12

Apr 19, 2023
They will start the eligibility, security, criminality and background check process and you have to wait for it, I gave my PCC in September 2023, no updates since then, I applied in February 2023.
Did you receive your pre arrival services letter?

jas!

Jul 21, 2024
No, you can explain the reasons why you cannot provide the PCC from that country such as their requirements of having fingerprints. If you check the letter where they request for Police clearance certificate, they also mention if you’re unable to provide it then explain the reasons.
Thanks for your response. I have thoroughly explained my communication related PCC and provided evidence to IRCC, but I am concerned that this may lead to my PR application being rejected.

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
Thanks for your response. I have thoroughly explained my communication related PCC and provided evidence to IRCC, but I am concerned that this may lead to my PR application being rejected.
It won’t, as long as you have explained the reasons for not submitting.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
No, I live in Brampton and my file is processing in Mississauga since day one
I understand. I don’t know why you still did not receive anything. Have you asked for gcms notes? Since you are in Ontario, I see many people in Ontario receiving their eligibility or pre arrival letters in 12-16 months.

Reactions: Aman0307

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
I understand. I don’t know why you still did not receive anything. Have you asked for gcms notes? Since you are in Ontario, I see many people in Ontario receiving their eligibility or pre arrival letters in 12-16 months.
I did receive my GCMS notes in February, my medical is passed, biometrics were updated, my process is stuck at eligibility and background check, I lived in Australia for 5 years and they asked for PCC which I provided last year in September. I visited US couple of times. Info sharing was still in process. Each time I call them they say im still under processing time. Also I noticed one thing on my GCMS notes that criminality and security screening shows that its due by August 30, 2024, which i assume they take about a year when they start doing it (started on August 31, 2023). Hoping to receive the update soon. I Used to stress alot but patience is everything I should have . Thankyou for your concern.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
I did receive my GCMS notes in February, my medical is passed, biometrics were updated, my process is stuck at eligibility and background check, I lived in Australia for 5 years and they asked for PCC which I provided last year in September. I visited US couple of times. Info sharing was still in process. Each time I call them they say im still under processing time. Also I noticed one thing on my GCMS notes that criminality and security screening shows that its due by August 30, 2024, which i assume they take about a year when they start doing it (started on August 31, 2023). Hoping to receive the update soon. I Used to stress alot but patience is everything I should have . Thankyou for your concern.
You can ask them again. February is far now. Your file should move on.

jas!

Jul 21, 2024
It won’t, as long as you have explained the reasons for not submitting.
I
Express my gratitude towards you as I was deeply distressed by this issue. Several lawyers mentioned me they could authenticate the document for my communication with the Embassy regarding the PCC, but I have already sent a letter with evidence, hence I am considering not seeking assistance from lawyers.

Reactions: Aman0307

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
I
Express my gratitude towards you as I was deeply distressed by this issue. Several lawyers mentioned me they could authenticate the document for my communication with the Embassy regarding the PCC, but I have already sent a letter with evidence, hence I am considering not seeking assistance from lawyers.
I applied for my PR application by myself and I receive all the updates via email. I remember submitting my own PCC and in the letter from IRCC it does mention if you’re unable to provide it then clarify. I wasted so much money on lawyers when I applied asylum and ended up fighting my own case. You will be fine. Don’t get any lawyer because they wont be able to get the PCC if you can’t. Hope this helps

jas!

Jul 21, 2024
I applied for my PR application by myself and I receive all the updates via email. I remember submitting my own PCC and in the letter from IRCC it does mention if you’re unable to provide it then clarify. I wasted so much money on lawyers when I applied asylum and ended up fighting my own case. You will be fine. Don’t get any lawyer because they wont be able to get the PCC if you can’t. Hope this helps
I saw in the letter that the IRCC letter states that if you can not meet all the requirements, you should explain the reason and provide evidence, and after reviewing, there is a possibility of rejection.
I submitted mine as primary applicant but I am worried that I may not have met my husband's requirement, which concerns me greatly about potential issues in the application.

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
I saw in the letter that the IRCC letter states that if you can not meet all the requirements, you should explain the reason and provide evidence, and after reviewing, there is a possibility of rejection.
I submitted mine as primary applicant but I am worried that I may not have met my husband's requirement, which concerns me greatly about potential issues in the application.
I understand, hope it doesn’t affect the decision.

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
Hi ,
I request ATIP today but when I submitted did not request any payment as previous . Do you face with ?
I submitted mine as well and it didn’t ask for payment. But I received the confirmation email about the request.