+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hello!

Quick question: when do you submit your PCC during PR application if you got your PCC after you had submitted your application already? Do I wait until IRCC asks for it or I can just submit it somewhere?

Sorry, whats PCC?

jas!

Jul 21, 2024
Sorry, whats PCC?
Upon submission of your Permanent Resident application, you will receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) or a letter requesting you to provide biometric data and a police clearance certificate (PCC). If not requested, there is no need to submit these documents.

jas!

Jul 21, 2024
Hello!

Quick question: when do you submit your PCC during PR application if you got your PCC after you had submitted your application already? Do I wait until IRCC asks for it or I can just submit it somewhere?
Upon submission of your Permanent Resident application, you will receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) or a letter requesting you to provide biometric data and a police clearance certificate (PCC). If not requested, there is no need to submit these documents.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
They didnt ask me that. Maybe because I requested my refugee travel document and I passed security clearance for get it. I only received the letter for biometrics.

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
Thank you for replying. I did live in India for 3years in the last 10years. IRCC has not requested Indian PCC from me yet and I just received my Pre-arrival services letter from them. I don’t know what to do as I need to know if there is anywhere I can submit the PCC to avoid delays in my PR application process. But then again, I guess I should wait for them to ask for it first??

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
So, they won’t ask you. I used to live a year in another country. Before apply for pr I received my travel document too. But they still asked for police clearance certificate.
To what stage were you asked to submit your PCC? Was it before receiving Pre-arrival letter or after?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
To what stage were you asked to submit your PCC? Was it before receiving Pre-arrival letter or after?
You don't need to give it. If You passed Elegibility. Did You? I think yes because You have pre arrival. I passed Elegibility and still no pre arrival. You are very close to decission. I think.

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
You don't need to give it. If You passed Elegibility. Did You? I think yes because You have pre arrival. I passed Elegibility and still no pre arrival. You are very close to decission. I think.
From what I read here, IRCC provides you with PAL after completing your eligibility process. But still, the background check is still under process, to my understanding, which is probably when they would ask for PCC.